• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, 2 is just what happend on a grand scale with the weapon being traded multiple times, but an innocent soul still gets banned.
1 just helps the argument that not everybody would use the detector, for they don't know it's even there in the first place.

I would personally like to see one of these though (I wish I could change my vote) in the long run people who know how to use it could infact help others.

Edit: Death you didn't get my edit in there, but I had thought about 1.
If someone dosent use the detector,it would be their own fault for recieving a dupped event weapon. If they dont use the tool that will stop them from getting ripped off then ( I hate to say it >> ) they probaly desereve to get ripped off. I am a srong believer that stupidity should be painful...

If someone dosent use the detector,it would be their own fault for recieving a dupped event weapon. If they dont use the tool that will stop them from getting ripped off then ( I hate to say it >> ) they probaly desereve to get ripped off. I am a srong believer that stupidity should be painful...

If they made it mandatory to learn about the dupe detector when this so called "dupe detector" is patched into the game. Because otherwise people wouldn't know what/where it is.

If they made it mandatory to learn about the dupe detector when this so called "dupe detector" is patched into the game. Because otherwise people wouldn't know what/where it is.
No one is saying that its going into the patch. This is just a discussion of how people would feel about it.

THE DUPE DETECTOR IS NOT A REAL THING! ITS JUST AN IDEA!

No one is saying that its going into the patch. This is just a discussion of how people would feel about it.

THE DUPE DETECTOR IS NOT A REAL THING! ITS JUST AN IDEA!

Wow some people didn't read (i think it was the 3rd) post.

But yes,if they were to create the Dupe Detector they should make it manditory for people to know about it. Or put it as a message in the loading screen at least.

Rules exist for a reason, it's not your place to question them, nor mine, but to just follow them.

That is hilarious.

Watch me swing my hammer of you don't believe me :p jk

I'm going to make this very simple. Without online saves, this "dupe detector" won't work.

I see no plans to move the save files to the cloud by TE.

As long as it wouldnt ban people I think it would be a good idea. I also think it should destroy the original item because whoever has it would probably be the one who duped the item.

The one thing I see wrong with this is say person A (say hi to person a) trades for a dupped T-26 from person C, but he doesnt know it. Then here comes person B (wave hi to person b) who says I want that T-26! So, person B trades A for the T-26 now when person B joins a game with person C his T-26 dissappeares, so he goes on the forums and reports person A for dupping. Even though A had no idea it was dupped he gets banned. A dupe detector would just speed up the process allowing one person (B) to see it was dupped faster. All in all it wouldnt really make a difference, and people who are innocent would still get banned. :( (Which is what I personally think is the biggest problem.)

Edit: This is assuming person A didn't check the detector. (We can't assume everybody will use it)

Robin read this^ It's what would happen.

Watch me swing my hammer of you don't believe me :p jk

I'm going to make this very simple. Without online saves, this "dupe detector" won't work.

I see no plans to move the save files to the cloud by TE.
NOT THE HAMMER! haha,but if it was a plausable to do,dont you agree that this would be a well liked and appreciated feature?

If this is possible, they should have a red box around the item that is duped (similar to the boxes around matching armor sets except red). That way their will not be as many complaints about duping and people could be aware of it. I know this probably isn't possible but hey, just throwin ideas out there.

If this is possible, they should have a red box around the item that is duped (similar to the boxes around matching armor sets except red). That way their will not be as many complaints about duping and people could be aware of it. I know this probably isn't possible but hey, just throwin ideas out there.
That could be an alternative to the item dissapearing but I think it would be better if the item would just go away completely. It would solve the problem of dupes completely.

i like that idea, but deleting the duped item... hum i dontl ike that idea.

u have to be very shure whats the duplicated item, im not sure if this is even possible to detect !!!

That could be an alternative to the item dissapearing but I think it would be better if the item would just go away completely. It would solve the problem of dupes completely.

Thats another way to look at it.

Why not just program it in to auto delete dupes rather than a player manually asking the game to scan for dupes? Wouldn't that be easier?

There is a massive problem with this thread, it requires online saves to implement.

Because if not everyone is online at the same time how could the game check for duplicate items?

There is a massive problem with this thread, it requires online saves to implement.

Because if not everyone is online at the same time how could the game check for duplicate items?
OK Classis,dont think logically for a minute and imagine a world where realistic things didnt exist and we could do what ever we want(while ridding unicorns),would you not agree that this would be a decent feature for the game?

OK Classis,dont think logically for a minute and imagine a world where realistic things didnt exist and we could do what ever we want(while ridding unicorns),would you not agree that this would be a decent feature for the game?

Sure it would be.

Problem is people view this thread and then expect it, even though no one from TE has said its coming.

Sure it would be.

Problem is people view this thread and then expect it, even though no one from TE has said its coming.
Ive been shure to make it clear that- Trendy IS NOT PUTTING THIS INTO THE PATCH,AND THIS WAS NEVER AN IDEA OF THEIRS,THIS IS A RANDOM IDEA I HAD AND THIS IS JUST A THREAD DISCUSSING IT!

-just making shre everyone is clear