I'm not sure when this was added to the patch notes:

* Buffed Apprentice Exponential Damage Ramps on Lightning Tower and Magic Missile Tower by ~20%

You forget to add the Deadly strike tower and fireball tower but WOO HOO on the buffs so far.

Deadly Strikes were unaffected by the nerfs in 7.15, but I don't remember the exact values of Fireball now. I think they could afford to go up ~10% to make them competitive with the new Harpoons.

Deadly Strikes were unaffected by the nerfs in 7.15, but I don't remember the exact values of Fireball now. I think they could afford to go up ~10% to make them competitive with the new Harpoons.

Yeah, especially since the new harpoons lead their targets making them useable as anti-air.

Hope that'll put an end to all the whining from Apprentice fans!

The whining is that Trendy balances this game with a sledgehammer rather than a scalpel.

Lightning towers are still a useful tower in the current patch. You don't see them used on Mistymire Survival, but honestly, you don't see ANY Apprentice towers being used there. On the other hand, Lightning towers are pretty good for clearing Spiders on medium-small maps where DU is limited severely (Hall of Court comes to mind). They're also one of the most potent towers in Pure Strategy. So you buff them enormously (the nerf was 15% wasn't it?) making them stronger than ever... now we have one more way to deal with spiders. Hurrah.

On the other hand, DSTs were relegated to a single role before the nerf, which was hunting Wyverns. It was nerfed and now it can't even keep up with the faster Wyverns at high end survivals, while costing 8 DU. Harpoons have been buffed massively, and their enemy tracking is supposed to be fixed. Now DST is about as useful as an Ethereal Spike Trap and costs 8 DU instead of 3.

The point isn't which character is good or bad, the point is that characters and their towers should all be viable at some point in the end-game. Yea, it's great we have one, maybe two new towers to use in Misty. Hopefully, the trap buff will give us some more variety, but I won't be surprised at this point to hear that the exponential damage ramp on traps was increased by 150% and find that all Squire towers have been replaced by traps on every map.

Could we please get some numbers that actually reflect in-game performance? Slightly bigger buffs to towers that seriously need them (Ethereal Spike, Slice 'n' Dice, Deadly Striker Tower)? More reasonable buffs to towers that are only slightly behind?