Single Player Market?

Ok, now I would like you to navagate over to the Dungeon Defenders Steam page. If you carfully scroll the page down and read under "Game Details" you will see Single-player. I bought this game mainly for the Single-player aspect of the game, maybe with a little co-op with friends. You marketed this game to me with an illusion that this game could be done by yourself. I find, when it comes to nightmare mode and some of the Challenges / Survival within the game you need more then one player to finish.

This game was marketed to me with an illusion of Single-player and that's merely all it is, an illusion. What i'm asking from you is to fix Nightmare Mode and bring back it's Solo-ability. Can't wait to see this in the next update thanks.

What?

I did the whole NM HC campaign solo with an apprentice on the first try with randomly placed towers. Its a joke.

Just accept that nightmare is still being tweaked to coincide with 3 more level cap increases, as well as new gear qualities per shard, and at least one new character. You will not be getting a soloable nightmare for a while - at the rate the next shard came out, I'd say another 6-8 months. You don't even get access to it if you don't buy the 4 part dlc, so it's not actually part of the original game, which is meant for solo and coop play. If you REALLY want to try going solo, get into eternal spires NM, then NM HC, then as many waves of misty NM HC you can do (NOT regular, drops crap loot), then go to alch labs NM HC survival once you get to the spider queen - wave 18-20+ is your target. Right about there is when the solo experience ends - without getting extremely lucky drops on the order of 2k+ in important stats, you will NOT kill the queen without at least one other person on a barbarian. The way webbing works, it's just impossible.

On challenges, they're meant to cover both single and coop play. what's the fun in taking a challenge meant for one person and getting 3 others in on it? If your friends don't want to play the game, go play something else with them. It's not like DD is the only game in the world, and trendy isn't going to be making much more of a profit off you.

Sorry but the game is Single Player with multi player. Some aspects of the game are single, some are multi. What you want to be single CAN be done single, you just need to invest tons of time in it to be able to do it single. The challenges can be done, but Duo helps tons of a few of them.

Think of it this way. The Campaign is the Single Player Part much like Call of Duty Campaign. The Spec Ops part of Call of Duty is the Challenges part here, meant to do with a friend(s).

What?

I did the whole NM HC campaign solo with an apprentice on the first try with randomly placed towers. Its a joke.

This must be the joke

Nah, you can solo everything except for maybe queen, but I think that's probably doable as well. Build with squire, play barbarian or squire during queen fight. Solo, is usually easier to do than having a group of 4. Extra players just up the mob count while usually not being useful.

Ok, now I would like you to navagate over to the Dungeon Defenders Steam page. If you carfully scroll the page down and read under "Game Details" you will see Single-player. I bought this game mainly for the Single-player aspect of the game, maybe with a little co-op with friends. You marketed this game to me with an illusion that this game could be done by yourself. I find, when it comes to nightmare mode and some of the Challenges / Survival within the game you need more then one player to finish.

This game was marketed to me with an illusion of Single-player and that's merely all it is, an illusion. What i'm asking from you is to fix Nightmare Mode and bring back it's Solo-ability. Can't wait to see this in the next update thanks.

I think you are wrong, it clearly stands on the steam page that it's both singleplayer and multiplayer!

I'm wondering how you define "solo." If you mean solo as in any champion can beat every map I don't think thats what Trendy had in mind. If you mean solo as in you can level up and switch champions and use a variety of towers to beat every map nightmare then yes this is entirely possible and not too ridiculously hard. If you need help make sure you have got the equipment needed and then review some of the guides.

I have done the majority of this game "solo" (well I split screen a lot to have two characters out so I'm not sure how you define that).

I wonder how many people in this thread have beat the President's day map and the Valentine's Day map solo. On NM that is, since that's what we're discussing.

I wonder how many people in this thread have beat the President's day map and the Valentine's Day map solo. On NM that is, since that's what we're discussing.

No one mentioned holiday maps?

President's Day map (requires a minimum of 2 active characters)
split screen with yourself
???
profit

I'm not aware of anyone successfully soloing Sky of Love in NM, but once upon a time people thought Spider Queen in NM was impossible to solo too.

No one mentioned holiday maps?

Very first post mentions challenges, all holiday maps are challenges.

President's Day map (requires a minimum of 2 active characters)
split screen with yourself
???
profit

So basically you have to fake having a second person in order to complete it, that's still multiplayer.

I'm not aware of anyone successfully soloing Sky of Love in NM, but once upon a time people thought Spider Queen in NM was impossible to solo too.

Spider Queen pretty much is impossible to solo unless you have great gear.

The vast majority of all content in this game is playable single-player.

The only content that absolutely 100% cannot be played single player are the PvP maps. But since they're labeled PvP, it's made very clear that those maps are intended for multiplayer play.

Spider Queen pretty much is impossible to solo unless you have great gear.

Last time I checked, "impossible without great gear" is not the same as "impossible". President's Day map is clearly labeled as "must have at least 2 people to play this map" in red text, Sky of Love only *recommends* 2 people.

Zippy Terror and No Towers Allowed are the only original challenge maps I can think of that are probably (if not definitely) impossible to solo in NM. But you know what? Guitar Hero III (Legends of Rock) is also a single/co-op game, and it has 4 songs that can only be played if you clear them in co-op. Should they be shamed as well, despite having a crapload of other songs you can play without the need for co-op?

Last time I checked, "impossible without great gear" is not the same as "impossible".

If you need gear beyond what you can get from campaign Mistymire in order to complete campaign Mistymire then yes, basically it is impossible to clear solo. How else would you get said gear solo?

Should they be shamed as well, despite having a crapload of other songs you can play without the need for co-op?

Sure, why not?

If you need gear beyond what you can get from campaign Mistymire in order to complete campaign Mistymire then yes, basically it is impossible to clear solo. How else would you get said gear solo?

The queen is rediculously difficult solo, and would require serious time investment to beat.

However, with averagish gear (ie. 800-1300-xxx-xxx) that could be attained from misty campaign or alch labs survival (which is rediculously easy solo), I've got the queen to under 5M hp solo (gas + darkness on every spawn, 1 harp and mage blockades in each lane. Rest of DU in snare/str drain/queen dps). So IMO it is definetely possible to do, just a lot easier with a team.

Zippy Terror and No Towers Allowed are the only original challenge maps I can think of that are probably (if not definitely) impossible to solo in NM.

With the buffed dps pets, no towers shouldnt be too bad. A multi shot ranged weapon for one side while standing on the other to get the pet into range. Would need a decent pet and weapon though, so not really at the recommended gear lvl (compared to other challenges).

I beat most of NM mode solo myself also and I have really average gear, my countess's tower stats are only around 800 each....

You just have to figure out the spider spawns and lay down bouncers and then use a good guardian app during bosses and it's easy.

I even beat a 4 player game on summit while just being a huntress on NM HC and everyone died on teh boss cause they didn't listen that only the 2 people with hunts and app guards should try and fight the boss while the towers attack the dragon and they stay and repair towers....

Almost every single tower fell while I was trying to repair and fight the dragon at the same time, I lay down some gas traps everywhere and darkness traps, and those bought me enough time to take out the dragon before they destroyed the crystals.

I took it down while it was at 90 million HP left........ whew, that took a while but the most fun I had while playing Dungeon defenders. Everyone said to me to just restart, I can't do it solo, I proved them wrong! I got huge praise for doing it myself without barely any towers. Love this game.