No one actually plays anymore :/

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, the majority of my friends moved on shortly after the apprentice nerf patch. And while some people kept an optimistic view, it was smashed by multiple bad patches afterwards. So the decision to leave is probably permanent for most people that left due to the apprentice patch(7.16?).

Knee jerk reaction if you ask me. People quit over something like that.

Most players do private only games.

Exactly. Some people play private games with friends / couples. Some play because they don't need outside help and want to be left alone. Some people just play with their hacked gear and then AFK shop it all afterwards :D

Exactly. Some people play private games with friends / couples. Some play because they don't need outside help and want to be left alone. Some people just play with their hacked gear and then AFK shop it all afterwards :D

Yeah, and some people has nice gear, and is accused for hacking or having hacked gear. So they are forced to play private with friends or alone. The worst is, people sees the OP people as enemies, but they really are our allies

using tapatalk app for android

It's because of the recent content and patches, not the USD shops. Every multi-player game I've played for the last 20 years has had some sort of gold farming / power leveling / High Warlord grinding USD service available in it. It could be made less blatant (please), but getting rid of it is not going to happen unless guys stop using their $$ to get epix. I.E. Never

These are the factors that I think Trendy has failed to deliver on that are making people quit:

- The seasonal (casual) content has been poorly designed for the demographic that actually cares about it

- They raped the mage class a month and a half ago and haven't taken steps to fix it

- The new content has obsoleted all the other content in the game, as far as progression, and it consists of a single map repetition

- The decision making and planning aspects of the game have become more and more one dimensional since we started

I could blahblahblah about each point for a while, but you've seen it all before. Short version is that I typically play a tank class and am not casual, and my wife plays a mage class and is casual. Neither of us are playing atm due to a combination of the factors above.

I agree with the above 100% :). I also feel that we will spike back to 20-30k players once the new DLC comes out but for a lot of players this is probably Tendy's last chance. I do not understand at all why they never did reverse the apprentice nerf at least partially.

What trendy needs to fix:
-They need to make EVERY map drop the good loot not just 1 (mistymire) to make everything else obsolete.
-Add more achievements so people host more public games and feel like actually playing something else than misty survival.
-Release more dlc faster (even if it means really small campaign maps) but just to keep our interest.
-Fix survival for every other map just like misty so it doesn't take 10+ hours to complete.
-Work on the Uber Chicken project again. Working so hard for something so worthless is depressing. Either Buffing the current Uber Chicken or releasing Uber Chicken 2.0.
-Remove the Soft cap of 200m mana. It does not help anyone in any way. Its just annoying.

~Rob

I've been noticing this too lately. It used to be I could start an insane Glitter run and the game would fill up before I could even place down three towers, last night I started an insane Glitter run and I managed to finish the map without a single person joining.

Also when I started playing a couple of months ago Steam stats showed 7,000 to 8,000 people were playing throughout the day, the past couple of days I've noticed barely 3,000 people were playing.

It's a great game but I can hardly bring myself to play anymore either. The main thing for me is how time consuming maps are.

-They need to make EVERY map drop the good loot not just 1 (mistymire) to make everything else obsolete.
-Add more achievements so people host more public games and feel like actually playing something else than misty survival.
-Release more dlc faster (even if it means really small campaign maps) but just to keep our interest.
-Fix survival for every other map just like misty so it doesn't take 10+ hours to complete.
-Work on the Uber Chicken project again. Working so hard for something so worthless is depressing. Either Buffing the current Uber Chicken or releasing Uber Chicken 2.0.
-Remove the Soft cap of 200m mana. It does not help anyone in any way. Its just annoying.

~Rob

^This

Those people are included in the statistics too.

He meant that people play private games, therefore those private games dont show up on the "Games" list. He didn't mean the overall player numbers.

~Rob

Who wants to run a race where the finish line keeps moving farther and farther away? Who wants to play a game where the current quests/missions suddenly get harder and harder each update? They need to stop doing that. I love having NEW activities to do that add further challenge...but this whole "It's too easy, we should ruin it for them" mentality is really getting to me. You can't "play to win" when you're the Dungeonmaster, or the Game Developer...you "win" if people enjoy your game, not if they're crushed by it.

I was well on my way to being able to do NM survival on Alch Lab, and now they're going to add a whole new monster to all NM that, if I understand correctly, will force a huge strategy and difficulty change as it seems like they can make towers just fly away? (Not sure if I'm understanding the genie right, but I hope you see my point anyway.)

Bottom line is I may be also done with the game (for the second time) if I'm frustrated enough on release day of the new DLC.

I will jump on the "Release more Maps for High Content and leave old Maps for low-mid Content" Boat.

But honestly, the survival mode and the apprentice need rebalance. Hey, 10.000 Monsters with friends each wave on survival? hilarious, most of the time you just need to repair the monk auras running out. no challenge whatsoever, just annoying. and when you were able to beat wave 22 - why you shouldnt be able to beat 23,24,25? at the highest levels the game just makes a bad difficulty increase.

There was a long story, but after some thought I moved it to the end of the post.
The main problems of DD are all about new NM difficulty:
1) Make all classes playable again! Give towers back to app, hero damage back to huntress (1/6? Is it a f.ucking joke?) and god damn take tons of hp away from squire & barb, squire have block already and barb is strong as is! And buff god damn auras and traps. Just make them less gear-depended and just freaggin disable them if the one who placed went offline/changed to other char! (Dont remove! Disable until this char is present once again!) Same with towers, btw. This is not some WOW or Lineage2, nerfing classes people enjoyed to play is a BIG NO-NO, just get it in your brain, Trendy.
2) Nerf the friggin gear! The reason why classes and game itself is broken is a friggin +400 to all stats gear with 250^ ups! And 7.20 patchnotes say that Trendy is about to realease even more CRAZYSTATNEWSUPERAWESOMEENDGAME gear! Looks like they totally lost it. And yeah, 200m manacap isnt healping either.
3) Remove/remake retarded monsters like spiders, which turn strategy game into random scirmish gear-depended game for kids who have a habit to "PRESS X TO WIN".
To put in a single line: Dont ruin classes like you did to Huntress, App and Monk! Dont make game superhard and endlessly gear-grinding, we paid you already! We loved the game the way it was before NM! This game has no monthly subscription! And your game isnt a MMORPG and it isnt a Dwarf fortress either! Just make some new nice maps and we will be happy!

The long story: me & 2 of my friends have left this game a month or so after NM release.
Here are the main reasons:

• 1) Huntress, Monk (and later App) were pretty much useless on NM:
  • I played hero damage Huntress and enjoyed a game. I could hold one lane with a few AOE towers, some auras and barricades - so I alone was about 20du. My gas traps were used to support defenses. And the thing I enjoyed the most - I used to be mobile anti-troll heavy artilery. That was amazing! We used skype for coordination and every time a troll apperead my friends (Squire & APP) were saying something "Hey Eva! (I named my huntress after Evangelyne from Wakfu. You will probably see a certain reference) There is some job for you!" And i rushed to the place where troll apperead. And then NM comes out and BOOM! Traps 1/10 life, hero 1/6 damage. I was the first one to leave, my friends followed me quite soon.
  • App - well App used to be the most popular tower class. Until the well known patch. I still dont understand the reasons of Trendy.
  • Squire - the most tanky class and the only one which could survive the god damn freaking spiders on NM. The only one who could repair defenses without being raped in a seconds on wave 20+. Unless you have 1500hp gear ofcourse. With 1500hp gear any class would survive. This class is the dominant class in NM. Balance? Trendy never heard about such thing. A friend of mine who played Squire was the last one to leave - after we left, there was almost no public games and playing alone was boring.
  • Monk was never a popular class to begin with. So Trendy nerfed auras so NO ONE would play this class. Great idea, Trendy. Brilliant.

2) Gear grind. The loot progress in original game was balanced and fun. You didnt have to grind the same map endlessly. The NM gear was just so very broken. Giving too much bonuses, having too much ups. Probably some brilliant ideas like "HURR DURR LETS MAKE EVERY CHARACTER EXCEPT SQUIRE ONEHIT ON NM! DERP! AND ALSO NERF HUNTRESS TO 1/6 DMG" was because trendy were too lazy to balance NM gear. And so they balanced it the way Korean MMORPG developers balance things: instead of balancing gear, they nerfed the classes that benefit from this gear most to the dirt. Good job on that.
3) Not a single new f.reaking map. Only retarded copy-paste challenges. THOUSANDS OF THEM. A lot of creative fans presented Trendy awesome hand-made maps. None of these maps ever appeared.

P.S.
I read these forums from time to time...I just dont want this game to die...but Trendy do everything to kill it:

Where is my tower staff?
Where is my elemental song?
Where is my lightning damage?
Where have all the apps gone?

Where is my tower staff?
Where is my elemental song?
Where is my lightning damage?
Where have all the apps gone?

and i just had the song play in my head. thanks urza.

I personally like nightmare mode, I actually like the difficulty, I just don't like all the slow survival stuff, I have to afk through them cause they are so boring, but I can't cause my auras would run out. (I am at trying to kill queen at this point) Spiders aren't that bad to me. They make building a pain, but it makes it more exciting.

The fanbois should really take a long look at themselves and take a big part of the blame here for how the game turned out. And to some extent the forum mods too.

There were so many people who before, during and after my time on these forums made well written posts where they listed concern after concern. Yet the fanbois and to some extent the mods would jump them and claim that there was no concerns here and how it was all right in their book. The amount of people who were in support of the app nerf at the time was staggering.

I was never here to argue with people. I came here originally to trade items and I had fun doing so. I met a lot of great people who I still talk to over steam. None of those people play DD now.

Then the weird nerfs started coming and I raised my voice. Not because I wanted to whine, but because I had seen the endgame and it made no sense to me. Apprentice was so much fun to play and it really was not that good in the endgame due to how fragile it was. One mistake, one spider being loose and you would die.

The most fun I had in this game was when I tried to learn how to do spires NM with my app. I had godly gear and just beating one wave for 20 games was a huge victory and it was really awesome.

The least fun I had in this game was the survival maps where random elements could end your run instantly and how they took 8 hours (not counting misty). Also after the App nerf tried to play tower squire and it was horrible. Granted the towers do some silly op damage, but they are so clunky and annoying to get to work right. Bowling turrets around some sort of slope or arrows towards anything not at a level ground comes to mind.

And there were so many people like me, regular Joe's who never whine about games in general, but just wanted to raise their concerns. And you sat there with your ignorance and tore every single one of us down. I even now see you go "No the game is not dying, the lack of players is due to some other game being release!" or "No its just that people play in private games only now!". Are you freaking stupid?

Well played you gullible little fanboi ****s. You ruined a really good game. I hope you're happy with your accomplishment. And for the mods on this forum, for the most part you seem to know what you are talking about game wise, so where the heck where you in all of this? What about if you actually gave some good feedback back to the devs and not just brown nosed? God help us all if you actually gave good feedback to the devs, but they just ignored you.

If I'm angry? Noooo.. Especially as I called this out in a post back when I played and guess what happened? I got jumped by fanbois. Lawl.

You messed up big time here, and you should lick the boots of every single person who stood up and tried to prevent this. The people that you chased away.

I post this as I think there is still hope for what used to be a great game, but you need to wake the **** up and stop having your heads up your asses.

Chasearoo, I think you may be overlooking something...maybe not

in my experience, before that nerf bat starts swinging, there is a nerf pitch thrown by someone who complains ""x"class is WAY OP!" "Wait!, it's not fair that "x" class has, while I don't"

in my experience

Damn Chasearoo just put the smack down on this thread and I 100% agree.

I think the apprentice should have the best damage. He gets the worst hp and as this is a pseudo-mmorpg doesnt the character with the least hp supposed to do the most damage? Each class has a role. The barb gets crazy hp and two weapons and is basically the goto class for late survival turtle repair. The squire has nice hp and harpoons are universally accepted as the goto tower. The hunter is a great for upping towers with genie and ranged dps. What exactly is the app good for now? He dies if the wind direction changes on the map or anyone does /sneeze. He should have the most damaging towers because what else does he have going for him?

I think the apprentice should have the best damage. He gets the worst hp and as this is a pseudo-mmorpg doesnt the character with the least hp supposed to do the most damage?

There is nothing MMORPG about DD. Do you even know what the Ms stands for? Massively-Multiplayer. Do you know what that means? It means many people connecting to a single world. DD is just an ordinary multiplayer RPG like Bauldur's Gate and Diablo.

DD is declining, not because of Class A got nerfed or Class B got some shiny new toy, but because people have run out of things to do.

New Player A buys DD, thinks its awesome and plays it a lot at first. They will probably finish campaign on at least medium, explore some or all 5 classes (counterparts aren't really "new" classes), get one or multiple characters to 60+, and work on Steam achievements. Most people will tire of a game once they've completed the goals they think are reasonable for themselves to accomplish.

Once you've done all the stuff I've already mentioned, all that's left is grinding for gear. If that's what you like, power to you. It won't keep your interest forever, though. Blaming decline in popularity on Patch A or B, well that just doesn't make any sense if you look at things logically.

There were so many people who before, during and after my time on these forums made well written posts where they listed concern after concern. Yet the fanbois and to some extent the mods would jump them and claim that there was no concerns here and how it was all right in their book.

I couldn't agree with this more. I expect 'fanboys' in every game out there and that's fine. What I've noticed about this game/forums in particular is how forceful (for lack of a better word) the mods are around here. Most negative threads I've read has at least one mod in it telling everyone how things are just perfect and couldn't get any better, some mods even go so far as to resort to ad hominem attacks instead of attacking the points the player(s) bring up. It just looks to me as an attempt by the mods to silence anyone who has anything bad to say about this game.

Once you've done all the stuff I've already mentioned, all that's left is grinding for gear. If that's what you like, power to you. It won't keep your interest forever, though. Blaming decline in popularity on Patch A or B, well that just doesn't make any sense if you look at things logically.

You do realize you just contradicted yourself in the same paragraph? Some people stick around to grind for gear, if you nerf their grinding character (apprentice) you don't think some people will quit?

I don't think anyone is suggesting nerfs were the sole cause for the declining player base, they are saying the nerfs are contributing to it.

Im not going to put you into the "head up your ***" group as you got your post half right. But are you kidding me? Prior to that patch my group of friends used this game an unhealthy 14 hours a day. After, we all stopped.

Let me explain how it went down exactly and you can choose to believe me or go **** yourself I don't care. I was the app builder and I had a huntress dps class that I would switch to once the towers were set. My friends had dps huntress's all of them, bar the one who also had a tanky arua monk. We had huntresses not because it was OP, but because we enjoyed playing that class. When the patch hit, my tower dps dropped a lot. Not only that, but every single huntress weapon instantly got turned useless due to the projectile speed nerf. So while I could limp around on with my app, all my friends had their main characters cut down. These were good weapons too either Disc throwers or Bonebows. In the 220-240 ups range.

So what happens at this point? We cant play at the same level where we used to play and if we go down a level we cant get new/better gear. Unlike me the other guys quit playing instantly after just testing their huntress a little. I tried moving my tower gear over to a squire and I just hated the play style. And I quit too. At that point I had around 20 people who would more or less constantly be online in DD on my steam friends list. After that patch is sank to 3-4. A few days later it was 1-2 and there was one guy who really kept on going, but he is gone now too.

Why don't you just throw your logic at that one.