Posted this elsewhere but this is apparently a global issue.

I've come across a LOT of people who build up a defence on med/hard then go afk, using a macro to spam g while they're gone, using it to print money while they're gone.

Grinding, alts, bots, hacked items, where's the the gaming, strategy.

If your character is strong enough to do it, it's perfectly OK to do it.

Farming on easy/medium/hard yields terrible results, and the mana soft cap (this is one of the reasons it exists) prevents excessive gain from such behavior since it's not easily done on nightmare without hacking / already being really good, and the former can get you banned.

soft cap should not exist because hackers can profit from not having a soft cap...they can still hack the game anyways. Grinding that way on hard is a terrible idea, and even if its possible on nightmare, you would need insane stats and a really good layout. At that point, I'm pretty sure it would be pointless to grind like this, and if not, I think the player deserves that little reward for having the gear/strategy to be able to do it.

Thats just my opinion tho ;)

What are you some goody two shoes who has updated version of paperback rule books? If I recall correctly paying for this game gave me the right to do whatever I want to do with it.

soft cap should not exist because hackers can profit from not having a soft cap...

WHAT??? "Hackers CAN profit from not having a soft cap..." AND YOU DON'T WANT A SOFT CAP? What are you saying..
The only explanation for this is that you hack and want to make a profit from it. GG?

What are you some goody two shoes who has updated version of paperback rule books? If I recall correctly paying for this game gave me the right to do whatever I want to do with it.

First of all it's a valid topic you jerk. EVERYONE has paid for the game, this does not mean you get to ' do what you want. '

There's no reason to be that rude. Tone it down, please.

Sad is the player that farms normal/hard for mana

I could probably make more mana in an hour on nightmare then they would in a year.

WHAT??? "Hackers CAN profit from not having a soft cap..." AND YOU DON'T WANT A SOFT CAP? What are you saying..
The only explanation for this is that you hack and want to make a profit from it. GG?

What he meant is that they already dont have the soft cap because they can bypass it.

SoftCap is irrelevant for 90% of the playerbase who is constantly upping gear. For the other 10% who have maxed out gear, it's not like you can't just mana token when you hit 200mil.

It prevents massive AFK inflation, and its not a horrible thing.

This thread is a major drain on my abilities so I will explain this the best I can.

People making a macro to press G so they can afk in their own game instead of spending hour after hour at their computer screen. OP thinks he has the right to control the way others play their game by making a complaint thread like this in an attempt to get this "issue" taken care of. In what universe is this okay? I'm extremely offended by OP's actions in this thread just like people are offended when I come in and use free speech to defend something I do in my own game.

If you would like to make me play the game by your personal rules then pay me 300 dollars every time I play and I will stop AFKing through survival games. I will sit here hour after hour staring at the screen, letting my other daily obligations pass by ignored instead of letting the game run itself.

Why I don't see a problem with macro users going AFK: Survival encourages it. It downright encourages doing everything in your power to reduce the amount of time you have to sit (which can go up to 5 hours). What a macro does is keep me from having to come back every 30 minutes or so to check on the progress of my game. It allows me to take a few waves to set everything up and let it go.

PS: Nothing in this post is rude. If you think something is rude please PM me proof before you react to this post (goes for mods too).

No, guy below me. I will not leave. If for some reason the ability to afk disappears, I will just make a tc and bring it back.

I will sit here hour after hour staring at the screen, letting my other daily obligations pass by ignored instead of letting the game run itself.

The point of a game IS to sit by the screen, not walk away from it. Why did you even buy DD? I suggest you go play "Sword Of The New World" it's a FREE!!!! MMORPG in which the developers made the game is ALL about afk farming (press space = auto defend + attack). Might enjoy that a bit more mate! Have fun!

Not trying to stir trouble or anything, but this post really seems like someone is just complaining about something that has 0 effect on them.

Also, you're forgetting that the soft cap does hurt people who are farming for upgrades but don't run into any before they hit the soft cap. Yes, they can put the money into mana tokens, but that requires finding items that are suitable for that, and the point of it is why does it exist in the first place? It's not hurting hackers who get 2b with a few clicks, and I really doubt it's prevents AFKers from getting mana because (as been pointed out already) Med/Hard mana is laughable.

Honestly, I feel the only reason that it exists is to get people to do AFK shops. So some AFK money making is ok while others aren't? Just my two cents.

This thread is a major drain on my abilities so I will explain this the best I can.

People making a macro to press G so they can afk in their own game instead of spending hour after hour at their computer screen. OP thinks he has the right to control the way others play their game by making a complaint thread like this in an attempt to get this "issue" taken care of. In what universe is this okay? I'm extremely offended by OP's actions in this thread just like people are offended when I come in and use free speech to defend something I do in my own game.

If you would like to make me play the game by your personal rules then pay me 300 dollars every time I play and I will stop AFKing through survival games. I will sit here hour after hour staring at the screen, letting my other daily obligations pass by ignored instead of letting the game run itself.

Why I don't see a problem with macro users going AFK: Survival encourages it. It downright encourages doing everything in your power to reduce the amount of time you have to sit (which can go up to 5 hours). What a macro does is keep me from having to come back every 30 minutes or so to check on the progress of my game. It allows me to take a few waves to set everything up and let it go.

PS: Nothing in this post is rude. If you think something is rude please PM me proof before you react to this post (goes for mods too).

No, guy below me. I will not leave. If for some reason the ability to afk disappears, I will just make a tc and bring it back.

Come on carver. You know free speech doesn't exist on this forum. I've asked you before, I'll ask again. Play nice, it's wearing thin.

I've come across a LOT of people who build up a defence on med/hard then go afk, using a macro to spam g while they're gone, using it to print money while they're gone.

You can do the same thing in Nightmare mode on some maps. It takes 30 or 45 minutes to hit the mana cap from a Nightmare map so it's not like leaving it running before you go to work means anything. I'm interested in hearing your proposal for fixing it; if you have good enough gear and a solid build you can watch Hulu instead of your towers.

As for the grinding, alts, bots, hacked items... It's Lineage: Tower Defense up in here. Comes with the territory tbh. There is no strategy needed in RPG progression treadmilling; all about efficiency.

Come on carver. You know free speech doesn't exist on this forum. I've asked you before, I'll ask again. Play nice, it's wearing thin.

Do whatever you want. I made a few opinions that seem so bad that they've made you see evil in everything I post. What are you doing this time? Protecting the OP from.. oh people who disagree with him? I disagree with the OP. Do I get an infraction for that?

Do whatever you want. I made a few opinions that seem so bad that they've made you see evil in everything I post. What are you doing this time? Protecting the OP from.. oh people who disagree with him? I disagree with the OP. Do I get an infraction for that?

Maybe if you weren't such a smart alec you wouldn't get so much attention from the moderators.

Again if you want me to search for infractions I know I'll find some in your post count. Instead I just ask you to be a little nicer to people. Is that too much?

Sooo.. Since it's okay to use macro's: any1 got a code for me for upgrading items?
I've downloaded autohotkey, but I'm pretty stuck with it...

Loop 5,
{
MouseClick, left, 543, 629
MouseClick, left, 543, 629
MouseClick, left, 650, 216
}

This is my code I just made, but it doesn't work..
1. the loop doesn't work
2. it just goes straight to point 650,216 without going to 543,629 (it's the invest all button)

any1 knows how to fix it? :)

thnx :)

missing the point/10...

The point is, hackers are not affected by the soft cap...at all. They either hack their mana, or mod some items and sell them while being AFK. The soft cap is a pain because I get 80M mana per wave on my survival runs (10 minutes per wave). I hit the cap SUPER fast and I'm forced to upgrade my items each 2 waves. I would rather wait until I find worthwhile items in the later waves and NOT waste my mana on items I will replace at the end of the run (this has happened a LOT of times for me now).

Mana tokens are awful...why would I want to waste 5 minutes upgrading them each wave instead of playing, its very detrimental to the whole experience, seriously.

farming med & hard is a mega waste of time lol!!! if they want to waste there own time let them it's just stupid.. Theres plenty of guides on the forums to solo to myth gear & farming misty nightmare... which makes 30mil a wave + end game gear or even 100mil if u sell items lol

200m mana from crap floor items in 30 mins from a full UMF 2.0 run Duo + Chance of high level pets and taven pets.
And the map is very easy to afk, as 1 person can afk and the other can make sure everything ticks over or vice verus.

Yes misty has the option for high level loot.

But imo having high level items makes me feel like not playing in public......"Your items are hacked!" <--- yes they are hacked thats why i picked them up from the floor when a monster died, how could i of been so dumb.

Please ignore Carver's jaded responses. Someone stole his teletubby a few months ago and he's been completely inconsolable since. Although I do agree with him, if i'm strong enough to just stand there and afk i'm going to just stand there and afk.

It's not possible to do this with the really hard modes or challenges so it doesn't bother me at all.