So.. with the recent (not anymore recent) huntress weapons piercing changes, what is the best huntress weapon to have? I'm still stuck with my ES 96^ DT, and I'm looking for another good weapon. Should I stick with a DT or are there any other good weapons?

Thnx in advance :)

btw, I posted here because no-one ever looks at the class discussion threads

So.. with the recent (not anymore recent) huntress weapons piercing changes, what is the best huntress weapon to have? I'm still stuck with my ES 96^ DT, and I'm looking for another good weapon. Should I stick with a DT or are there any other good weapons?

Thnx in advance :)

btw, I posted here because no-one ever looks at the class discussion threads

I'm not sure if I'm at a state to answer which is the best huntress weapon coz I only prefer using them as Trap builders, I'm pretty much biased towards my Monk(and also my Barb) for DPS.
---BUT---
1. I think A retribution would be good, even with the nerfs I think it's quite good.

2. Give a try to Beetlebows. They have insane stats, can't say if they have the best DPS but here have a look:

So at those stats, that is my DPS, hope it'll give you a better idea...also they are quite quite rare, basically Mistymire NM Survival only, so that's a catch!

3. I'm always tempted to try out as many weapons as possible before selecting THE ONE, so I'd suggest you to try out weapons like Dragon Guns, they do Splash fire damage + damage, usually it's eletric but there can be any. Crystal Trackers are best for AoE Damage and their fire rate and speed is phenomenal considering it's for AoE! Then there are Grenade launchers ofc, good at taking out tons of mobs. Soul Focuser(and variants of the same model) is a nice weapon it self with INFINITE pierce and speed!

So overall it totally depends on how you feel like playing be it: AoE, Single target, Pierce, etc.

Edit:
Additionally, THIS(wiki) should help a bit!
Also in the wiki it states the MAXIMUM Shots per second speed for each type of weapon and projectiles it can have, so if you find anything MORE THAN that, then it's most likely hacked.

DT or a BoneBow... I use both randomly. But there are other good weapons as well I think... use what you like :) There is no best weapon.

DT or a BoneBow... I use both randomly. But there are other good weapons as well I think... use what you like :) There is no best weapon.

Agreed, although I think the retribution is one of the higher DPS weapons out there due to it's + projectiles and high non-elemental damage (VanWolf was + projectiles, but elemental). Many huntress / rangers are using it right now.

Yea but I dont like the sound it makes, its super annoying. And you have to be too close to hit an ogre with all projectiles making you vulnerable. But its clearly the best weapon for NM campaign/insane and lower difficulties and Assaults.

Yea, if you plan to shoot from far away. Bone Bow / Disc Thrower are probably best. Up close, it's anything with a multi projectile. Well, non elemental. VanWolf and the Dragon Guns are Lightning / Fire.

Yea, if you plan to shoot from far away. Bone Bow / Disc Thrower are probably best. Up close, it's anything with a multi projectile. Well, non elemental. VanWolf and the Dragon Guns are Lightning / Fire.

So this brings up a question for me, since i darkness trap every lane most every map i do now, wouldn't an elemental weapon work just as well?

Am I a weirdo for liking the blunderbuss? 8 pierce is awfully nice. Plow down an entire row with a single shot.

Also, what is it that people have against the laser gun? Honest question - I've never leveled one up, but it seems like as a close range weapon, you'd clear some pretty serious real estate with one. It's not a long range weapon for sure, but other than that...

I dunno. It just seemed to me that there were more choices:

Long-Range-Stream: Bone Bow
Long-Range-Spread: Disk Thrower
Short-Range-Stream: Blunderbuss
Short-Range-Spread: Laser Gun

Is there math here I'm not taking into account? Upgrade-damage-per-level values? Rooftop caps? Other issues?

....Edit: I was also under the impression that the Dragon Guns were always always horrible for Hero because the damage was always atrocious. The "Flamethrower" style point blank weapons aren't always bad? Really?

...or are we talking about the dragon-shaped-fireball-throwing guns (which I always assumed were terrible) and not the cone-of-element style guns (which I also assumed were terrible?)

We really need a comprehensive resource on each of the varying Huntress weapons.

So this brings up a question for me, since i darkness trap every lane most every map i do now, wouldn't an elemental weapon work just as well?

Sure, depends on set up. Most people can't afford the darkness traps in their setup. If you are solo holding a lane then yea.

I don't see the point in blunderbuss or bone bow when a Soul Focuser(or Attenuator) is the same thing but with 8 speed and infinite pierce, not to mention pierces walls? The only issue is in actually obtaining one since they are pretty rare.

they are nearly impossible to get :P

Hmm this makes me think.. Might get a good bone bow too. I don't like the elemental damage only, because I don't use darkness traps in my set-up..

I love my 214^ "Mythtal Tracker". The AoE damage is a lifesaver, but at mid-long range it is utterly useless. It all depends on what the situation is, but for all-around dps a good Myth blasticus is king in my books.

This thread is great, i am still searching for a good blunderbuss to drop because I really want to try one out.

What i'm hearing is that huntress's have some real variety of weapons they can choose from.

At 200^ Mythtal Tracker and 240^ any weapon that have 10 shots per sec. Well, or 8 at least. But aim for 10.
Something like this. Got it just before leaving this game because Trendy turned game into crap.

At 200^ Mythtal Tracker and 240^ any weapon that have 10 shots per sec. Well, or 8 at least. But aim for 10.
Something like this. Got it just before leaving this game because Trendy turned game into crap.

Meh

I find chain guns to be very 1 dimensional. Very good for ogres, and maybe spiders, but screw trying to clear a lane with one. I'm going back to a bone bow (having found a 246^ BB helps that decision >.>)

oh ok I thought they only dropped in ramparts+

Should I look for one in the chests or just on the ground? did some NM survival and I had to keep my builder out to make sure the defences where boosted enough. So the weapons where not for my huntress. only some decent ones in chest (110^ which is a lot better for me.) But they weren't scorpions/DT's so I didn't pick them up

oh ok I thought they only dropped in ramparts+

Should I look for one in the chests or just on the ground? did some NM survival and I had to keep my builder out to make sure the defences where boosted enough. So the weapons where not for my huntress. only some decent ones in chest (110^ which is a lot better for me.) But they weren't scorpions/DT's so I didn't pick them up

Alch labs survival might be easy enough to keep your huntress out (So long as your builders bouncers can kill spiders at trip starred, you shouldnt have problems). Get to wave 15 on HC and you'll see 200^ weapons (and you got a chance at a nice pet).