Sign in to follow this  
grubaskov

Kony 2012

My point is just because you say you are born in a country, doesn't mean you are an expert in said country. Especially when you consider that person most likely grew up in the US.

Who says she is more educated in this? You know all about me do you?

Please enlighten me on what you know about me, this should be interesting. Don't bother with a reply that contains "oh well why don't you tell us what you know", I'm not going into the details.

My view is neutral all the way. Enough said.

I know that you are not from uganda .I know that your family never grew up in a country like uganda where genocide is even practiced by the government . I know that you don't visit uganda on a daily basis. I am staying on-topic.

Don't bother with a reply that contains " oh how do you know that?" .I'm not going into the details.

Back to watching Fairy tail .^.^

I know that you are not from uganda .I know that your family never grew up in a country like uganda where genocide is even practiced by the government . I know that you don't visit uganda on a daily basis. I am staying on-topic.

Don't bother with a reply that contains " oh how do you know that?" .I'm not going into the details.

Back to watching Fairy tail .^.^

Thanks for being arrogant about it. My family is indeed from Africa, and maybe you should have a look into the history of Australia while you're at it. Nice attempt though.

Thanks for being arrogant about it. My family is indeed from Africa, and maybe you should have a look into the history of Australia while you're at it. Nice attempt though.

I was only talking about Uganda. Not Africa as a whole. Not being rude . ^.^

every one has a right to their opinion

That they do. But when you try and force opinion as fact, it doesn't usually go well.

Even if we do make KONY famous what good would it do. I doubt a Ugandan dictator would care about a couple million americans disliking what hes doing. I mean hes a DICTATOR his job is to blow this kind of stuff off. I'm not saying I approve of what hes doing or see that KONY 2012 is a bad thing. I'm merely adding another point of view.

Even if we do make KONY famous what good would it do. I doubt a Ugandan dictator would care about a couple million americans disliking what hes doing. I mean hes a DICTATOR his job is to blow this kind of stuff off. I'm not saying I approve of what hes doing or see that KONY 2012 is a bad thing. I'm merely adding another point of view.

lol this is indeed another problem.

This isn't about America, I know it's hard to believe a world outside the US exists, but it does :p. Personally I see this as the first step against world crime. One of the factual points about this campaign, is that voices are heard in large numbers. Not sure if you're old enough to vote, but how often do politicians go back on a promise? Or fail to hold up their beliefs. Making our voices heard is a huge thing. Especially if this sets precedent. Could you have ever imagined the response this got? Sure the cause and fight may not be what it seems or good for that matter, but there are quite a few good things to take away from this.

I hope everyone world wide can learn something from this. I sure have. :)

lol this is indeed another problem.

This isn't about America, I know it's hard to believe a world outside the US exists, but it does :p

Lies.... there's Amerika, the place where we get our kangaroos and our enemies... that's it!

Plus now they (uganda) are "going" after him... go team Amerika

This is just another war they want to create. This guy has been in hiding for years and killing him won't make a difference.There will be more bloodshed. This is another excuse to fill the pockets of the rich with money made by oil laced with blood.More reasons to invade Africa for oil. I know it feels epic to start a revolution from the internet but we are not the ones who are going to loose the ones we love. Facebook, youtube and twitter should never decide a revolution . Do we know how it feels to see our families die in front of our very own eyes in a battlefield . This is not a movie . People will loose their lives .This is not your war....it's Uganda's war.

Focusing so much on Joseph Kony, the campaign suggests that capturing him will end the atrocities, even restore the lives of those who have suffered. But as the assassination of Osama bin Laden has shown, silencing one man doesn’t silence the movement behind him. It adds in the everlasting chain of hatred and the chain will never be broken . Judgement and vengeance leads to hatred.
Most people who realised this is a scam have informed themselves via a number of newspaper articles and critical essays by people who know what they are talking about. Even Ugandans themselves have complained about this campaign, saying it brings more harm than help. This IS a scam, and it should not be supported! Better join Amnesty if you want to bring about change.

Look what the Israelis have done to the Palestinians. 1 1/2 million dead. Iraq 1 1/2 million dead and stolen oil.

This is just another war they want to create. This guy has been in hiding for years and killing him won't make a difference.There will be more bloodshed. This is another excuse to fill the pockets of the rich with money made by oil laced with blood.More reasons to invade Africa for oil. I know it feels epic to start a revolution from the internet but we are not the ones who are going to loose the ones we love. Facebook, youtube and twitter should never decide a revolution . Do we know how it feels to see our families die in front of our very own eyes in a battlefield . This is not a movie . People will loose their lives .This is not your war....it's Uganda's war.

Focusing so much on Joseph Kony, the campaign suggests that capturing him will end the atrocities, even restore the lives of those who have suffered. But as the assassination of Osama bin Laden has shown, silencing one man doesnt silence the movement behind him. It adds in the everlasting chain of hatred and the chain will never be broken . Judgement and vengeance leads to hatred.
Most people who realised this is a scam have informed themselves via a number of newspaper articles and critical essays by people who know what they are talking about. Even Ugandans themselves have complained about this campaign, saying it brings more harm than help. This IS a scam, and it should not be supported! Better join Amnesty if you want to bring about change.

Look what the Israelis have done to the Palestinians. 1 1/2 million dead. Iraq 1 1/2 million dead and stolen oil.

Good point, we should let Uganda fight over it.

Yes, ultimatly it is their fight. NOT ours.
The war isn't theirs, foreign nations are supporting the rebels, some of the rebels are even foreigners.
Same with Libya, Siria, Afganistan, ****stan, Iraq, Iran, Ivory Coast, Rwanda, Botswana, Nigeria...

holy derp Pak-istan is censored

All of the donations people are giving kony 2012 are not going to Uganda... There have been many websites about this.. so many it is hard to pick from one.. The last notice of kony or anyone on the outside seeing kony has not been since 2002??? mhh so why would this guy make all of this when nobody has seen/heard of this guy for over 10 years? Plus there has been news that this guy was already caught.. I have no clue if this is real, but for sure if you want to stop kony, do no support the invisible children inc.
http://www.kony2012-is-a-scam.org/

All of the donations people are giving kony 2012 are not going to Uganda... There have been many websites about this.. so many it is hard to pick from one.. The last notice of kony or anyone on the outside seeing kony has not been since 2002??? mhh so why would this guy make all of this when nobody has seen/heard of this guy for over 10 years? Plus there has been news that this guy was already caught.. I have no clue if this is real, but for sure if you want to stop kony, do no support the invisible children inc.
http://www.kony2012-is-a-scam.org/

Yes, because no one had ever created a fake website before ;)

Don't you think if that news paper were real we would see it on the real news or legit websites first? Its not hard to fake a newspaper cover these days and with the date impossible to see, it becomes very hard to check/verify it ;)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Yes, because no one had ever created a fake website before ;)

Don't you think if that news paper were real we would see it on the real news or legit websites first? Its not hard to fake a newspaper cover these days and with the date impossible to see, it becomes very hard to check/verify it ;)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

It is also very easy to make a you tube video and say you are going to donate the money to getting kony.. I am not saying that website is real.. there are many website like that so it is hard to find one that is real.. i am just saying that why would you trust this one guy with that amount of money..

That news paper clip is fake and its from the video " kony 2012 " .

Kony 2012 is Stupid . simple as that .

Why you ask ?

Quoting myself

"Last year, the organization spent $8,676,614. Only 32% went to direct services, with much of the rest going to staff salaries, travel and transport, and film production. This is far from ideal for an issue which arguably needs action and aid, not awareness.

The blogger, Michael Kirkpatrick writing on The Independent, a Ugandan website, in September 2010, said that Invisible Children's previous campaign, "legitimises the mission of AFRICOM on the continent and gives military forces a home base in Africa to continue the global battle on terrorism, combat the growing presence of China, and defend American interests regarding natural resources.

This is an issue which arguably needs action and aid, not awareness.
Uganda's government is corrupted .

Kony 2012 campaign’s stated goals are simplistic at best and misleading at worst.

By focusing so much on Joseph Kony, the campaign suggests that capturing him will end the atrocities, even restore the lives of those who have suffered. But as the assassination of Osama bin Laden has shown, silencing one man doesn’t silence the movement behind him. It adds in the everlasting chain of hatred and the chain will never be broken . Judgement and vengeance leads to hatred.

Focusing so much on Joseph Kony, the campaign suggests that capturing him will end the atrocities, even restore the lives of those who have suffered. But as the assassination of Osama bin Laden has shown, silencing one man doesn’t silence the movement behind him. It adds in the everlasting chain of hatred and the chain will never be broken . Judgement and vengeance leads to hatred.

Look what the Israelis have done to the Palestinians. 1 1/2 million dead. Iraq 1 1/2 million dead and stolen oil."

Open your eyes.

Hardware seems to be the only one that gets it, I mean no offense to anyone with that comment but people need to wake up. I would like to recommend that you all watch the Zeitgiest Movement Films: Part I: The Greatest Story Ever Told, Part II: All the World's a Stage and, Part III: Don't Mind the Men Behind the Curtain. These films are an eye opening experience.

Oh FFS not Zeitgeist, it's pure crap made by a crazed conspiracy theorist.

If you want to watch something by a good journalist, http://www.youtube.com/user/bstill3/videos The Secret of Oz and The Money Masters will blow you away if you don't have a short attention span.
There's also interesting pieces on the "arab spring" and 2008 financial coup, made before they even happened.

I am a strong believer in that: When presented with an idea,dont believe everything you hear. Do your own research,know the facts and create your own idea out of thoes facts. And most of all,be prepared to defend yourself againts thoes who dissagree.Dont believe everything you hear,just because its been said (publicy or not) dosent mean you should believe it.

Fun Kony2012-ish facts:
- He's probably already dead.
- One of the financiers of the (marketing) team who pushed this video is the same religious fanatical group who is pushing to make homosexuality and contraception illegal in Uganda.
- Another has ties to the military industrial complex, go war go.
- The USA's AfriCom is already busy meddling in the region, since 2008.
- The Chinese are a major supporter of development in Africa, however the Americans often support rebels to blow up their infrastructure, who then kill whoever they don't like.
- Some in the ring call this "White man's debt burden", which is, the practice of the west causing trouble in a place covertly, then saying there's a problem, then they "rescue" the nation by invading them to take their resources... ala Afghanistan, Iraq, Ejypt, Libya... most of Africa. On top of taking their resources the invaded country is then put in debt because instead of selling the oil, it's simply taken, and loans are given to fund (re)development.
Funny seeing the debt model get turned onto Greece and Italy, they're now dictatorships, soon Spain and Portugal will be too.

U.S. soldier allegedly kills 16 civilians, Afghans voice rage and Taliban vows revenge.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/taliban-vows-revenge-for-killings-by-us-soldier/2012/03/11/gIQAppTC7R_story.html?tid=pm_pop
wake up
You need to read better news sources... it wasn't a lone wolf, it was likely 4 people according to the Afghan police. Also unrelated.

it wasn't a lone wolf, it was likely 4 people according to the Afghan police. Also unrelated.

It was not my only source and i just post a link to a Article. 4 or 1 ...there is still blood shed and i heard it was 4.

Its is related . Its me pointing out the Side effects of sending foreign troops to another country .

done with this thread.
peace ?! ^.^