Sign in to follow this  
grubaskov

Kony 2012

Invisible Children is a sham of a charity.

Kony is the new SOPA/ACTA for young people.

The whole Uganda government is corrupt . Also Kony is in the wanted list but nobody cares . Take down the core of the uganda government and you will see joseph kony fall .

The power of unity is unthinkable yet beautiful . Only with unity can earth attain peace and the chain of hatred will be forever BROKEN .

Invisible Children is a sham of a charity.

Kony is the new SOPA/ACTA for young people.

What?

Now that is a ridiculous statement. I encourage everyone to come to their own conclusions.

The charity has spent their money in a rather questionable manner, on questionable "services", but the message and their goal seem to be good. Only time will tell.

What?

Now that is a ridiculous statement. I encourage everyone to come to their own conclusions.

The charity has spent their money in a rather questionable manner, on questionable "services", but the message and their goal seem to be good. Only time will tell.

Last year, the organization spent $8,676,614. Only 32% went to direct services, with much of the rest going to staff salaries, travel and transport, and film production. This is far from ideal for an issue which arguably needs action and aid, not awareness.

The blogger, Michael Kirkpatrick writing on The Independent, a Ugandan website, in September 2010, said that Invisible Children's previous campaign, "legitimises the mission of AFRICOM on the continent and gives military forces a home base in Africa to continue the global battle on terrorism, combat the growing presence of China, and defend American interests regarding natural resources.

Last year, the organization spent $8,676,614. Only 32% went to direct services, with much of the rest going to staff salaries, travel and transport, and film production. This is far from ideal for an issue which arguably needs action and aid, not awareness.

The blogger, Michael Kirkpatrick writing on The Independent, a Ugandan website, in September 2010, said that Invisible Children's previous campaign, "legitimises the mission of AFRICOM on the continent and gives military forces a home base in Africa to continue the global battle on terrorism, combat the growing presence of China, and defend American interests regarding natural resources.

Sources please?

Oh, so your source is a news site???

No,the internet . The source of a news site is information gathered from the internet (a trusted source) . ^.^

Global post is a trusted and a more reliable source than FoX news. >.

No,the internet . The source of a news site is information gathered from the internet (a trusted source) . ^.^

Global post is a trusted and a more reliable source than FoX news. >.<

Hmmmm. A trusted source, who are only reporting the negatives?

Hmmmm. A trusted source, who are only reporting the negatives?

The title is

"Kony 2012 campaign criticized for dumbing down conflict
Critics have accused the campaign of using colonial language and advocating for military intervention in Africa."

The article is about the negatives not the positives .

The title is

"Kony 2012 campaign criticized for dumbing down conflict
Critics have accused the campaign of using colonial language and advocating for military intervention in Africa."

The article is about the negatives not the positives .

Any credible source would post an unbiased perspective is what I'm getting at.

Any credible source would post an unbiased perspective is what I'm getting at.

They are not biased .As i told you the article is about the negatives not the positives.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/the-grid/joseph-kony-lords-resistance-army-uganda-central-african-republic-congo
take a look.this is another article from global post on the same topic.^

Any credible source would post the truth.

I think people fail to realize that 8 Million dollars really isn't a lot...

Now I don't agree 100% with how the money is spent, but you have to agree that if there is no awareness, no action can be taken... the guy has been allowed to do this for 20+ years because no one knew about it... getting people to know about it is worth 5-6million IMO

Tl:dr no action can be taken unless people know its happening

Just my 2cents since I have been (loosely) following IC since my school screened their first video years ago.

I think people fail to realize that 8 Million dollars really isn't a lot...

Now I don't agree 100% with how the money is spent, but you have to agree that if there is no awareness, no action can be taken... the guy has been allowed to do this for 20+ years because no one knew about it... getting people to know about it is worth 5-6million IMO

Tl:dr no action can be taken unless people know its happening

Just my 2cents since I have been (loosely) following IC since my school screened their first video years ago.

This is an issue which arguably needs action and aid, not awareness.
Uganda's government is corrupted .

Kony 2012 campaign’s stated goals are simplistic at best and misleading at worst.

By focusing so much on Joseph Kony, the campaign suggests that capturing him will end the atrocities, even restore the lives of those who have suffered. But as the assassination of Osama bin Laden has shown, silencing one man doesn’t silence the movement behind him. It adds in the everlasting chain of hatred and the chain will never be broken . Judgement and vengeance leads to hatred.

The truth is ...Nothing can be done to end this Chain of hatred in this earth . That's how it is . But there is no fault in chasing for peace.

LRA is a plague . Burn it down.

This is still mostly Uganda's war for peace . These moments of history defines a country and their future.

British ‘divide and rule’ colonialism in Uganda is the Root of LRA.

But someday I'll break the curse. If there's such a thing as peace, I will find it! Faith is better than any plan!" My will of Fire.

No one has done anything about the Ugandan government for more then a decade, taking down one man (Kony) or " raising awareness " is just going to make things worse for the Ugandan society. Thanks to this BS campaign, there are now people thinking they can change the entire Ugandan community with MONEY.

What people as a whole fail to realise, is that this **** happens every single day. And no I do not mean in the Ugandan community itself, I'm talking about the entire world. No one can EVER know for sure.

There is absolutely no point KONY2012, I believe it is making him famous for the wrong reasons, and he is loving it.
If they really wanted to do something about it, it would be politics vs. politics and would not involve your average citizen.

Bad news kids, Kony is "distraction propaganda" to keep people away from the biggest problem in Africa right now.
There's genocide taking place in Uganda while the area is being stripped if it's resources, 6 million dead.
Yes Kony is a very bad guy, but you're hearing of this instead of Uganda because Uganda is exactly where the USA wants it to be, powerless, in turmoil, and easy-access.

It's just like the Rwandan Genocide brought on by the French and Americans arming radicals.

Even more recent is the mass killing of blacks in Libya by American/Saudi/Quatari funded rebels.

Worst video reply ever.

The message is "Don't Wag the Dog" . she knows something about it and its her motherland . She is not blind-sided by a few tweets and comments . How can we call it "worst video reply ever" when you and i have never visited uganda and had a look at the situation over there ? .

Invisible Children last year spent U.S. $ 8, 676, 614 of whom spent only 22% of the money (some sources cite that was even less) to the people of Uganda. It is one of the more millionaires "non profit" organizations in the world and spends more on propaganda than in helping the people of Africa. We all know that there is oil in Uganda and that the President Yoweri Museveni is a Western-backed genocidal dictator who rules the country since1986. Wake up

The message is "Don't Wag the Dog" . she knows something about it and its her motherland . She is not blind-sided by a few tweets and comments . How can we call it "worst video reply ever" when you and i have never visited uganda and had a look at the situation over there ? .

Invisible Children last year spent U.S. $ 8, 676, 614 of whom spent only 22% of the money (some sources cite that was even less) to the people of Uganda. It is one of the more millionaires "non profit" organizations in the world and spends more on propaganda than in helping the people of Africa. We all know that there is oil in Uganda and that the President Yoweri Museveni is a Western-backed genocidal dictator who rules the country since1986. Wake up

Considering I'm not debating either way, why don't you wake up. She lives in the US. I am supposed to believe her parents when their reaction is just to laugh. Yeah nice facts there.

Yeah she visited her "motherland" in 2010. Awesome. I guess I could make a video saying the same thing.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that this whole thing is just so lacking in real truths on either side it's hard to even grasp if either side is telling the truth.

Fact is, Kony is a criminal who should be brought to justice, regardless of the involvement of others including IC. I think they raised a good point, but everyone seems to be missing it. Everyone just wants to attack Kony or the people who are pointing out we should be doing more to bring the worlds criminals to justice.

I stand by my point. Worst video reply ever.

Considering I'm not debating either way, why don't you wake up. She lives in the US. I am supposed to believe her parents when their reaction is just to laugh. Yeah nice facts there.

Yeah she visited her "motherland" in 2010. Awesome. I guess I could make a video saying the same thing.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that this whole thing is just so lacking in real truths on either side it's hard to even grasp if either side is telling the truth.

Fact is, Kony is a criminal who should be brought to justice, regardless of the involvement of others including IC. I think they raised a good point, but everyone seems to be missing it. Everyone just wants to attack Kony or the people who are pointing out we should be doing more to bring the worlds criminals to justice.

I stand by my point. Worst video reply ever.

Then make a video saying the same thing . She is in a better position to talk about it than us . Her family and friend live there. We live in countries where there is no genocide .

As i said

This is an issue which arguably needs action and aid, not awareness.
Uganda's government is corrupted .

Kony 2012 campaign’s stated goals are simplistic at best and misleading at worst.

By focusing so much on Joseph Kony, the campaign suggests that capturing him will end the atrocities, even restore the lives of those who have suffered. But as the assassination of Osama bin Laden has shown, silencing one man doesn’t silence the movement behind him. It adds in the everlasting chain of hatred and the chain will never be broken . Judgement and vengeance leads to hatred.

The truth is ...Nothing can be done to end this Chain of hatred in this earth . That's how it is . But there is no fault in chasing for peace.

My point exactly, like everyone else, you just blindly believe. You believe everything she says. You believe everything the media negatively says about KONY2012.

Have you done any research yourself? I am surprised you are blindly believing this random American girl. American. Girl. American. Lives in America. You do know America is not Uganda right?

My point exactly, like everyone else, you just blindly believe. You believe everything she says. You believe everything the media negatively says about KONY2012.

Have you done any research yourself? I am surprised you are blindly believing this random American girl. American. Girl. American. Lives in America. You do know America is not Uganda right?

I don't blindly believe a youtube video but still i wont tolerate you calling it "the worst video". She is more educated than us in the topic that we are debating about. Have you ever witnessed genocide or know people who have ?.

I did do my research . That is why i wont join the bandwagon of kony 2012 like everyone else .

What was your point exactly ? enlighten me.

I don't blindly believe a youtube video but still i wont tolerate you calling it "the worst video". She is more educated than us in the topic that we are debating about. Have you ever witnessed genocide or know people who have ?.

I did do my research . That is why i wont join the bandwagon of kony 2012 like everyone else .

What was your point exactly ? enlighten me.

My point is just because you say you are born in a country, doesn't mean you are an expert in said country. Especially when you consider that person most likely grew up in the US.

Who says she is more educated in this? You know all about me do you?

Please enlighten me on what you know about me, this should be interesting. Don't bother with a reply that contains "oh well why don't you tell us what you know", I'm not going into the details.

My view is neutral all the way. Enough said.