Trendy, definitive answer please. Solo vs Duo drops

This came up in another thread and needs a definitive answer please.

Is gear in chests better when when playing duo rather than solo?

Thanks, this is kind of important to quite a few of us.

More players does not equal better drops, it only means there can be more drops on the ground. It doesn't matter if they're chest or monster drops.

Also, chest and monster drops both have the same potential quality. Chests can have the illusion of being better just because you don't get as much loot from them.

That is good to know and will fly in the face of what's commonly taken for gospel, not the part about solo vs duo, but the part about monsters vs chests.
So even tho the monsters in duo are harder to kill and have more hp (more levels?) they still drop the same gear as the significantly easier mobs in solo?
Hard to fathom but good to know.
Thanks

Yes, the monsters being a little stronger simply compensates for more players = more killing power.

More players does mean more enemies and therefore more oppetunities for drops per wave- it also means more items can be on the ground because weapons for each player's class are considered seperately.

In short, technically you get more stuff with more players. More, but not better.

More players does not equal better drops, it only means there can be more drops on the ground. It doesn't matter if they're chest or monster drops.

Also, chest and monster drops both have the same potential quality. Chests can have the illusion of being better just because you don't get as much loot from them.

coulda sword they said that the gear gets slightly better aroud initial release.. infact it was in patch notes that they made it no longer the case then a couple patches later reveresed that desicion

Yes, I've heard that more players = more loot and better loot. I'm not sure it's true tho. One thing is for sure, it's not really noticable... at all.

More players doesn't "DIRECTLY imply" that you'll have better loot.

Here's how it works(logically):

1 player = less loot quantity => less "chances" of having better loot.
More than 1 player = more loot quantity => more "chances" of having better loot.

So this shouldn't be misunderstood as: more players = better loot, having more(or less) players won't in any way affect the "direct loot quality", it just increases the "chance" of finding something good. Usually I find quite good stuff in solo/duo as well.

Having benefits of more than 1 player:
- Obvious help and support.
- Extra Hero DPS.
- More loot, increased chance of finding something good!

Disadvantages:
- More mob scaling, which means if your tower gear isn't strong enough to hold that many mobs it can result in failure.
- Fight to get better loot! Yes it's true, everyone will try to jump right away for that one green item, considering it's actually good!

Edit:
Also, chest loot and mob loot = same.

And:
Does this effect Tavern Pets at all? Will certain guardians appear more because of the certain class of players in game?

No, tavern "items in general(excluding weapons)" aren't affected at all by classes, I could say it does affect depending on difficulty and map selected. But it's totally random.

Disadvantages:
- More mob scaling, which means if your tower gear isn't strong enough to hold that many mobs it can result in failure.

Especially problematic with spiders...

[QUOTE]Here's how it works(logically):[/QUOTE]

Yea, so a group has a greater chance of getting a good piece while, as you point out, an individual in that group stand a lesser chance of actually getting that piece. So Overall, solo has a better chance of a good outcome.

[QUOTE]Also, chest loot and mob loot = same.[/QUOTE]

This brings up a couple of questions, perhaps worthy of a thread.
Since drops get better as waves progress, is the last wave of mob loot better than the last set of chests? and/or Is it better to loot the last set of chests AFTER the mission is complete?

I don't know about you, but I don't have time to look closely at what I am grabbing and my chest fills up pretty fast. :) Of course, this would be easier if something like the following was implemented:
forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?48781-configure-thumbs-green-dots

I am shameless :ogre:

Chest loot stays the same. They chests de-spawn at the end of the wave and re-spawn at the start of the next. Doesn't matter when you open them, other than the chests that don't re-spawn