Max useful range for guardians?

At what point is it no longer particularly useful to increase the range of your guardian pet? I have a huntress guardian with a range somewhere around 110, and it can boost towers from at least the length of my tavern. Figuring distances any farther than that is kind of tedious, so I figured I'd see if anybody else has found the sweet spot.

Honestly, it depends on your play style. Some peeps like to max out range, some peeps like to keep it small. When its small, you can pinpoint the towers you're buffing a lil better than when its big. I'd say anything over 100 or under 40 is no good, as a guideline.

154 can go from the wall on the right of the fireplace to the dummy that pets can attack in the tavern.

knowing what i know now, i would have preferred to keep my range much lower. MUCH lower. i stand around trying to buff towers for when ogres show up, but my guardian undoubtedly buffs things that are much farther away, and are things i dont intend to buff.

You really don't need to waste upgrades on ranged past this. It only boosts the 5 closest, so no matter the range you need to be closer to the 5 you want to boost than any others. And 50 is more than enough.

i hope thats true, but ive done setups in FnF survival that is 6 BB turrets facing the crystal on east/west side, and 2 on the south facing away from in, with blockades in front on each side. standing on the crystal should boost the BB turrets, but quite often i see it boosting 2 blockades and only 3 towers.

You really don't need to waste upgrades on ranged past this. It only boosts the 5 closest, so no matter the range you need to be closer to the 5 you want to boost than any others. And 50 is more than enough.

I completely agree with this...I go to 60, but still the theory holds. More is just wasteful.

I go with 50-60 as well. Even if you need to jump in front and get loot, it will still buff the towers near you. Anything more than that is a waste of points unless you're a barbarian, then I wouldn't use a guardian.

I think 50-60 is the way to go also. Unless you are tank DPS character, you will probably be within the safety perimeter of your towers most of the time. In that case you'll always be buffing some towers, so you won't need more range. Plus less points put into range means more points into whatever stat you want.

I agree that 60ish is more than enough. The main reason being that currently, the Guardian AI is very poor and they will attempt to buff ALL types of defenses, not just the ones that benefit from them.

E.G. Perhaps you run far past you front lines to grab loot, distract an Ogre, etc.
You may think, "If I had 120 Range on my Huntress Guardian, it could still reach the Harpoons and Fireballs back at the base and be boosting them." The problem is, in almost any situation like this, there will be Barricades, Ensnares, Darkness/Gas Traps, etc. in between you and the Harpoons/Fireballs. So even if your Guardian could reach that far, it would attempt to boost the Spiked Barricades and Ensares and do nothing anyways.

I completely agree with this...I go to 60, but still the theory holds. More is just wasteful.

I disagree, I love trolling around on my barb outside my base knowing my towers are still receiving a boost. But that being said it's entirely situational and dependent on your play style.

I disagree, I love trolling around on my barb outside my base knowing my towers are still receiving a boost. But that being said it's entirely situational and dependent on your play style.

Good point, if you have it set up a certain way as you say, it can work for you. In your case I'd assume you have no walls / ensnares around the perimeter of the base, otherwise your guardian will attempt to boost those and ignore your towers.

I've never really seen a difference past 36. Too much range and it's just unwieldy/pointless. If you like ****ing around at the spawn points and you want to buff those blockades, then ~50 is good for you.

As far as boosting specific towers go, range doesn't matter. It's surprising how no one here understands this.. Guardians will always boost the 5 towers closest to you, having more range wont make any difference in which towers you boost from a given position, unless of course your position is far away from any towers. More guardian range is never a bad thing, though it can be a waste. I personally leave it around 100, possibly 150 just to be safe.