Beta Testing Suggestion

So iv just been speaking with my friend and he came out with a really great idea that i have to post about.

Why does trendy not release upcoming dlc's or updates to dungeon defender owners for lets say like 1 week before its officially due to be released ?

The reason for this is that not only the beta team can do the testing but the hardcore players and the new guys of course can play test the game and report any bugs back to the TE team. This will surely get more players interested in the game and make them feel apart of the community and obviously help trendy out immensely in letting the final release be almost guaranteed bug free.

Just a thought :)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe some of the beta team is made up of the 'hardcore players'. And of course with any update, there will always, always be bugs. The beta team takes out the bigger/obvious ones and then the community takes care of the rest.

But with 100's if not a few thousand more players also testing then the final result should be alot better in reality. BTW im a hardcore player so why am i not in the beta team :P

Bugs can revolve into you losing an entire character due to crashes, this would be similar to releasing an uncompleted game,there are many things that can be said, just one of them.

Add a few hundred...more players to test game....

You know, that's what we're doing NOW. ;)

Haha good point :)

Bugs can revolve into you losing an entire character due to crashes, this would be similar to releasing an uncompleted game,there are many things that can be said, just one of them.

Maybe a separate install for those who already own the game a bit like the skyrim beta test i believe or even the TF2 Beta so you play on another char not associated with your main account.