Is Quality of Giraffe dependant on the map you played?

Is Quality of Giraffe dependant on the map you've obtained it on? Does it make a difference whether it's Deeper Well or Ramparts for example? And between normal mode and pure strategy for end pet stats? I'm about to do it, but with the amount of time it requires, the oh so often freezes on higher waves on PS3, I'd prefer the best option with minimal risk of wasting time.

I heard it is, no confirmation though. It does make sense, mystimire forest drops better loot than deeper well aswell.

Could you link me to some layout that could work on Mistymire hard pure strategy?

There is a thread that had a pure strategy layout for Misty. Much faster map since there are less monsters, it is flat, and eats it up to harpoons. The thread mentioned that the loot that drops in pure strategy is garbage, but for purposes of giraffe the only thing that mattered was difficulty.

I just tried Ramparts puer strategy on hard, and wave 12 had over 3k monsters. Is the number of monsters in a wave increased by difficulty? And yeah, could you link me to that strategy guide? For what difficulty was it?

I just tried Ramparts puer strategy on hard, and wave 12 had over 3k monsters. Is the number of monsters in a wave increased by difficulty? And yeah, could you link me to that strategy guide? For what difficulty was it?

amount has nothing to do with the difficulty. just the strength of the monsters is changing. when your solo, you wont have more then 7021 mobs, reach the maximum on wave 20.

That's awkward, I didn't see survival or pure strategy options for Mistymire on PS3... Any other maps to get it fast?

You may have already done this, but you have to complete a level in campaign mode for the options to appear.

honestly, i dont think giraffes are worth it. i did 2 different insane survival runs, and both times i got a giraffe with 75 upgrades and only 20-25 to each stat. your better off just trying to farm a guardian, because it will undoubtedly be better all around.

unless you are trying to get the pokemon achievement, its a huge waste of effort.

Glitter and Misty are the 2 fastest maps that I know of. The number of enemies per round is significantly lower then all other maps. Honestly do it on Insane or higher. I wouldn't bother with anything less. The pet won't be worth it. I think glitter takes about 4 to 5 hours with 4 on survival. That was on Insane when I did it.

If you are getting it just for achievement, I'd try and buy one or just have someone give it to you for achievement then give it back. Compared to other pets, they really aren't that useful sense they don't have any type of buff or attack.

If you plan to use it in NM, you'll need to run Survival / Pure Strategy in NM. As \/4n!114 ][c3 mentioned, Insane Giraffes only have ~70 upgrades and ~25 to all stats. Any kind of NM quality pet (for example tavern pets from grinding Endless Spires NM Hardcore) will have stats that far overshadow that, multiple times over, in addition to whatever ability they bring.

In fact, any unicorn you get for completing the Assault Map Pack on Insane will dwarf an Insane Giraffe. My Insane Unicorns typically have 80~100 upgrades, and 50~60 in all stats. Plus, they shoot rainbows. No contest :).

If you plan to use it in NM, you'll need to run Survival / Pure Strategy in NM. As \/4n!114 ][c3 mentioned, Insane Giraffes only have ~70 upgrades and ~25 to all stats. Any kind of NM quality pet (for example tavern pets from grinding Endless Spires NM Hardcore) will have stats that far overshadow that, multiple times over, in addition to whatever ability they bring.

In fact, any unicorn you get for completing the Assault Map Pack on Insane will dwarf an Insane Giraffe. My Insane Unicorns typically have 80~100 upgrades, and 50~60 in all stats. Plus, they shoot rainbows. No contest :).

and Hearts :)

I wish spires would give better pets more consistently. I've probably did 60+ runs on nm hc and probably have only gotten 5 or 6 good pets. I never can get app guardians either. :(

and Hearts :)

I wish spires would give better pets more consistently. I've probably did 60+ runs on nm hc and probably have only gotten 5 or 6 good pets. I never can get app guardians either. :(

I know that feel, bro. First two 10 mana pets I got were... Squire Guardians.... Still waiting for a decent App Guardian, 10 mana or otherwise.

the oh so often freezes on higher waves on PS3

You have to do it on misty for PS3. The highest enemies you' get is only 1.3k. Use classic's setup.

^ He is right

Take a look on CONSOLE DISCUSSION, there is a topic by classic22 teaching how to deal with it on MM HARD.

I've already got at about 20 giraffes (always playing with 4 controllers on last wave)

[c3;358340']honestly, i dont think giraffes are worth it. i did 2 different insane survival runs, and both times i got a giraffe with 75 upgrades and only 20-25 to each stat. your better off just trying to farm a guardian, because it will undoubtedly be better all around.

unless you are trying to get the pokemon achievement, its a huge waste of effort.

yes, insane giraffe aren't worth it..
and no, you don't need giraffe for "catch em all" achievement.. so the more u shdnt try doing it..
however, NM giraffes can be quite decent..

Trying doing Ramps on HC. I found that the tavern pets are different, lots of guardians, animi, where spires has more DPS pets.

Trying doing Ramps on HC. I found that the tavern pets are different, lots of guardians, animi, where spires has more DPS pets.

Good to know. I'm getting tired of Spires so I need a little change.

Alch labs NM HC Survival just got me a 200^ Giraffe with 2 negatives and most stats above 190+ where misty pure strategy got me a 246^ Giraffe with 7 Negatives.. Seems to be crazy random with the Giraffes though.