It took me a while to notice it, but now it's driving me crazy, partially because of a recent XKCD page.
http://www.xkcd.com/1015/
To explain what kerning is, it's the space between two individual characters.
For exa mple, thi s senten ce has b ad kern ing.
Now, the only bad kerning I've seen so far is the spacing before the 'y' character. I don't know about anything else.
I know this is obscenely nitpicky and isn't really that big of a deal.
Gonna brace myself for the flaming from the rest of the community.

...? I'm sorry what? There's nothing flameworthy in this post... lol. I don't even understand why it's here, what kerning do you mean? In the game? On the forums? On OpenOffice? WordPerfect? Some book you're reading? ;p

Anything with the letter y has a slightly wider gap between it and the character before it. It seems to be because of the part of the y below the line.

I have never noticed before and will now stare at it every time I see a Y in-game. I hate you. I hate you so very much and hope terrible, terrible things happen to you in the near future. You are a horrible person and should be ashamed of yourself.

You just ruined the text in game for anyone who reads this D: Myself included. Now playing misty on nightmare is really a nightmare.

I think I just inadvertently trolled anyone who enters this thread.

Achievement GET! - Dey See You Trollin' Dey Hatin' - Troll an entire thread as the OP.

You just ruined the text in game for anyone who reads this D: Myself included. Now playing misty on nightmare is really a nightmare.

Now imagine if it were nyghtmare mode.

So, I went looking around in the DDDK for this font. It's called Booter - Zero Zero.

Looks like the kerning is designed to avoid overlapping with other letters with descenders. Here's an example:

Maybe someone could modify the font to be better behaved when used for words? Does anyone know if a client with a changed font can be used on Ranked? I mean, there's just so much space!

FIXT!

Turns out the problem is with the way Unreal Editor imports fonts. This is what it should look like (no bold):