TrendyNet should be back online now

Title. I can't log in for the past 30 minutes.

Hitmonchan's Edit: TrendyNet uses Microsoft's Windows Azure cloud service, which is down across the board. (Possibly due to a glitch with Leap Day.) We're waiting on a software update from Microsoft that will fix the issue. You can read more about the cloud outage here. Also here.

Edit 2: TrendyNet should be back online now!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing it is an unplanned downtime, otherwise the sticky would have been updated if it was for part2 patch?

Yea seems like Trendynet is failing to authorize our connections.
Checked the LOG file for the issue and it says: ERROR 116.

Let's see how much time it takes to get fixed!

Or maybe it could be a surprise DLC release for us trolololol xD !!!

lol it went down almost when i was in a group killing spider queen on NM, she was almost down. Last time i was in a group on her my computer crashed xD Lucky me :D

lol it went down almost when i was in a group killing spider queen on NM, she was almost down. Last time i was in a group on her my computer crashed xD Lucky me :D

Brutal, don't they understand big things go down in the mornings?

I feel your pain, I thought I had it bad on last 10 mobs of UMF 2.0 final wave.

everyone was killing spider queen or solving wave 30 when the servers went down. maybe the servers just can't handle so much awesomness?

So call me an idiot, but if trendy net is down, does that make the whole online play button in Dungeon defenders disabled?

No, only the "Ranked" part is un-playable. You can still play on Open, online.

____

everyone was killing spider queen or solving wave 30 when the servers went down. maybe the servers just can't handle so much awesomness?

Hahaha epic!

That was scary... I was in my afk shop and it said failed to connect to trendy... Just like it often does when you're afk over night. So I go back in a room to sell and I notice I don't have 117 mil, but 1 and a lot of the billions of mana I used to up my stuff was rolled back. I was soo upset. Now I realize it was the last time I imported to oPen. Feel a bit better now.

It would be nice to get some info from Trendy when such things happen, we're left in the dark here, when can we play again?

It would be nice to get some info from Trendy when such things happen, we're left in the dark here, when can we play again?
They're most likely still asleep, and clearly don't have pagers or 24/7 support staff.

Which is genuinely surprising for a 40 employee company that makes its money providing online games for the international community.
I'd love to be wrong, in which case, it's normal practice to inform the community that they know there's a problem, and they're working to fix it. But since they didn't do this, you've got to assume they still have no idea.

Last I knew they had about 20 people give or take and they are not big enough to run 24 hour shifts.

These errors/glitches are usually due to steams new server service =\

I'll let them know asap if they don't already know =]