Dear Trendy: A Plea for Help.

I've recently been VAC banned, yet the only mods I have are the Apprentice Auto-fire, and the Xbox controller emulator - neither of which were deemed illegal by you. From what I can see, many others have suffered the same consequences, and have had their playing privileges denied. I have already contacted Steam Support, and have yet to receive a reply; last I heard, they are horrible at dealing with cases regarding VAC bans.

I absolutely did not want to place any blames, but you have done a poor job communicating with Valve/Steam, resulting in unreasonable and unjust VAC bans. You are not supposed to tell your players "There's not much we can do about it". You, as the developers, are supposed to fight for your players, because not only do we play your game, we are customers who support you financially.

And because I farmed everyday, I have a list of dedicated buyers who frequently buy from my AFK shops, this is causing them to debate whether or not their products are legit, which they 100% are.

I own almost every single DLC, because I thought this game has great potential (I still do), but please, Trendy, take better care of your player base.

Steam can check what VAC'd you.

I have already contacted Steam, and they said they will not disclose what caused the ban, and that they will not be removing it. Since those are the 2 mods that I have ever used for DD (they're the only thing modified/added into my system folders, which VAC detects), I can only arrive at the conclusion that they were the reason behind it.

@pgn: I would be very happy to provide you with proof if I know what kind of proof you're talking about. Since I can no longer go on Ranked, I can't screenshot or invite you to play with me.

VAC is completely worthless, for every hundred people it bans only a few are hackers, it's simply not good enough to stop any decent hacks, it gets piles of false positives, even corruption from unreliable hardware and bugs from bad developers can get you banned.
If you haven't been VAC banned, ruining the game you've paid for, it's just a matter of luck, and time.

I have already contacted Steam, and they said they will not disclose what caused the ban, and that they will not be removing it. Since those are the 2 mods that I have ever used for DD (they're the only thing modified/added into my system folders, which VAC detects), I can only arrive at the conclusion that they were the reason behind it.

@pgn: I would be very happy to provide you with proof if I know what kind of proof you're talking about. Since I can no longer go on Ranked, I can't screenshot or invite you to play with me.

I got exact same message as you i guess.

"We will not disclose the cheats which were detected, nor will we provide the date and time the infraction took place. VAC has confirmed that the ban on the account was applied legitimately."

-This is all they wanna tell me about the ban.

@Renendaru Kinda disprove what you just said.

I got exact same message as you i guess.

"We will not disclose the cheats which were detected, nor will we provide the date and time the infraction took place. VAC has confirmed that the ban on the account was applied legitimately."

-This is all they wanna tell me about the ban.

@Renendaru Kinda disprove what you just said.

It makes sense. Steam won't tell you what VAC banned you for, as it would help developers advance their modding/hacking/cheat engines to better avoid it. It sucks for people who were banned for unfair reasons, but it helps in the big picture.

It makes sense. Steam won't tell you what VAC banned you for, as it would help developers advance their modding/hacking/cheat engines to better avoid it. It sucks for people who were banned for unfair reasons, but it helps in the big picture.

I can see that point of veiw and kinda agree. It is for the "greater good" but i still think they should figure out a way to let go of the innocents or atleast the bigger part of them?

I have no Vac ban in any other games and i have 10+ games. I know this ain't much but for a guy who just startet buying games online 1 year ago and i just don't have the economic to buy more i still think this proves some sort of pattern.

Can we please get an Admin response that's not "If you're VAC banned, it's because of an illegitimate use of a 3rd party program/software. You will have to contact Steam Support for help", like I've seen in other similar threads? Many of us are well aware of what a VAC ban is, and such information is not useful to say the least.

I'd just like to say that I supported Trendy and pre-purchased all 4 parts of the Eternia Shards DLC, even when there were still many bugs and imbalanced mechanics around. I sucked it up because I know Nightmare is still incomplete and I do look forward to the end product. With that being said, I can no longer enjoy it because the only reason I play this game is to play with others. Now that I am unable to access both Ranked and Open, there is absolutely no chance for me to enjoy all the DLCs I've purchased, including the upcoming ones.

And all I have done to deserve this is to play the game in a legit manner.