No score increase past wave 15 (possible bug?!?)

I might have missed a change somewhere along the line but I'm pretty sure this shouldn't have happened. I just ran an Insane Glitter survival to level up an alt, and at wave 16, I was no longer gaining xp or score.

The only time that my score changed in wave 16 was when my hero actually killed something, I no longer gained anything from defense kills. I didn't have any active-builder defenses, so I'm not sure there and I just wiped it after not gaining anything.

Is it supposed to be this because it wasn't before? Anyone else run into this?

EDIT: See last post for screenshots.

I have the same problem. I noticed this when Barbarian was released as I was leveling him up on NM summit when I realized it was happening. I'm pretty sure it's intentional, but I have no clue when it happened. I haven't dug through the patch notes to see if it's in there.

I have scanned the patch notes and I see nothing like this, but will attempt again to see if this is a recurring issue.

I have since retried this, although by accident I didn't click the HC button so I was only doing in regular. However, I was able to get score/xp all the way to wave 20.

So, does that mean that only after wave 15, you don't get xp/score if you are playing on HC? Is this just an insane glitter problem?

I might have missed a change somewhere along the line but I'm pretty sure this shouldn't have happened. I just ran an Insane Glitter survival to level up an alt, and at wave 16, I was no longer gaining xp or score.

The only time that my score changed in wave 16 was when my hero actually killed something, I no longer gained anything from defense kills. I didn't have any active-builder defenses, so I'm not sure there and I just wiped it after not gaining anything.

Is it supposed to be this because it wasn't before? Anyone else run into this?

Does this happen 100% of the time and can you by chance take a screenshot of like your score not changing even after like 100 more defense kills or perhaps more?

Does this happen 100% of the time and can you by chance take a screenshot of like your score not changing even after like 100 more defense kills or perhaps more?

I would if Trendynet wasn't down :-) jk jk

Actually, its more likely a visual glitch. Me and a friend were leveling on survival glitter insane and after about wave 15 our XP and score would not go up, however at the end of each wave, we still gained the appropriate XP/level increase, and our score updated to show everything gained in the last round. there are similar bugs with the models and icons of the mobs disappearing included with this error, where mid wave post 15 the image of the creatures will disappear both in character view AND from the minimap, but the creatures will still be there, as evidenced by your towers/weapons doing damage/killing them (you can see this because the damage numbers still show over their heads, but on the monster model is missing).

Edit: This is also true for the visual model of dropped items as well, but if you run around pressing "E" you'll still pick up items, even if you cant see them.

Tl;Dr: you're still gaining XP/score its just not updating your visual indicators until the current round is over. Likely due to overprocessing because there are so many mobs in higher waves.

Ahh so it looks like you're still getting a score it's just not being updated. Same question before though does it happen all the time once it gets really busy?

Okay, so I just retried this and I could not recreate the problem. Which means, that lemonlock must be correct. The only changes that I made were a small build change and the alt that I was levelling. However, everything was running and gaining fine.

I swear...I don't use crack...lol!

Thanks for the quick response as usual Ice Arrow.

It happens about 85% of the time (8-9 /10 survival games) for me personally once the mob count gets high enough. I'd like to point out I'm using the lowest possible graphics setting to minimize resource strain and it still doesn't help. I'll try and take some screenshots once the cloud servers are stable enough to run uninterrupted survival games.

I've hit 15 once and didn't get he change to notice this because the game freezes too much and the network goes down to play beyond.

you get no more exp after wave 15 on insane hardcore glitter and the little amount you get is like 50k - 100k exp . which is very small and made it not worth it to even do them for lvling.

[QUOTE]Ahh so it looks like you're still getting a score it's just not being updated. Same question before though does it happen all the time once it gets really busy? [/QUOTE]

So, today while back doing some powerlevelling, I realized this same problem, but much earlier. Things got busier early tho because I decided to play online...I could afk a little while they repaired...and the same problem was occurring but this time at wave 14:

Beginning (Wave 14)...17,682,096 xp

Middle of Wave 14...17,683,324 xp

Final (Wave 15)...17,828,542 xp

To me...there is no way that over a wave I would only get 146,446 xp...so I ran it one more time just to make sure. This time solo as to eliminate the extra mobs and to save myself some time :)

Beginning of Wave 14...18,150,517 xp

Final (Wave 15)...18,371,393 xp

So in conclusion:

4 people (~6k mobs): 146,446 xp
1 person (~2k mobs): 220,876 xp

Yes, I have taken the end of wave bonuses into account. When I was playing solo, I actually got kinda lazy and a bird kicked the crystal on that wave meaning that when I played with 4 people I got a 1.3x multiplier, solo I did not.

This to mean doesn't seem right and when there are too many mobs, the xp/score can be hung up. Obviously some is still accounted for and the end of wave bonuses get tacked on...but a lot of it is lost.