Shards Part 2 Today ?

So tomorrow its the last day of the month but steam usually release patches on a tuesday so will part 2 of the eternia shards dlc be released today ? I believe it was said that we will see it before the end of the month.

they usually release 1 digest per week, tomorrow (29/2) the new digest will be posted and i SUPPOSE the shard 2 will be released too, they said "in february" after all :P

Deadlines aren't always met. If we need to wait till March 6th I think we'll all manage to deal.

If I remember correctly, the last hyped update (Patch 6.16 and barbarian) was completely torn apart because they didn't "test it enough". I don't know about you, but I'd rather wait a little longer to get a quality dlc, rather than get a bad dlc now and wait a few weeks for all the new patches to fix all the issues while the forums fill up with rage.

If I remember correctly, the last hyped update (Patch 6.16 and barbarian) was completely torn apart because they didn't "test it enough". I don't know about you, but I'd rather wait a little longer to get a quality dlc, rather than get a bad dlc now and wait a few weeks for all the new patches to fix all the issues while the forums fill up with rage.

Yeah I completely with this ^. I think I can wait just a little bit longer to get a good working dlc.

How can they not test it enough? Rumors are going they have a decent beta testing team. They had loads of time to develop this content which was already paid for. After this developing, the testing team should only need a week to test, feedback, update, retest and it should be OK. Also, I don't see any way of improving my characters' gear without buying or hacking it. So I've basically got nothing to do..

/rant

Also, I hate steam.

After this developing, the testing team should only need a week to test, feedback, update, retest and it should be OK.

EASY AS PIE!

.. you obviously have no idea how a testing cycle works. Or even development for that matter. If you do, well you are part of a fantastic team made of perfect people! Congrats!

/rant

EASY AS PIE!

.. you obviously have no idea how a testing cycle works. Or even development for that matter. If you do, well you are part of a fantastic team made of perfect people! Congrats!

/rant

Lol, took the words right out of my mouth. I kind of cracked up at the guys post above :)

Well, to be honest. Even with the patches they take their time with, there's always just as many problems. Might as well go full out. Nothing's more powerful than thousands of people looking to break the game.

I have no idea but they usually give us a 3-14 day lead on dlc releases.

Since we haven't heard yet, one would assume not today.

Also, dlc can be released any day.

I wonder if trendy ever look at these posts and laugh , patience tbh, i know its been paid for but thats your problem if you didnt want to wait, i dont advise tying your money up in the game... theres an option to buy the shard packs as they are released, if they released the pack today (rushed untested) more people are gonna complain that they rushed to release, game designers cant win, its not easy and deadlines are almost never met in game development department ive had my fair share of moaning but when it comes out its usually tottaly worth waiting for.

the new content is kinda meh to me. im just looking for balances changes. id like to hope that it would come today or tomorrow, but developer activity on the boards in the past week as opposed to the past month or so has significantly dropped off. usually a sign of something big.

The problem is that you can't take trendy's word for serious when it comes to DLCs and patches. Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far, whenever Trendy has set a date, they missed it

The problem is that you can't take trendy's word for serious when it comes to DLCs and patches. Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far, whenever Trendy has set a date, they missed it

TE said the Barbarian would be released in Jan, and it was (mind you, the last day of the month, but it was still accurate)

Even though I don't mind it to be off a few days when they set a date.. I do hate it when they say it'll be released in Feb and tomorrow's the last day of Feb and no word from Trendy yet. That does make me and others wonder..

It's coming soon. I've asked trendy on twitter and they said "@Flawwan Not yet. More news on that front to come."

I think this is the best mindset to keep. Even if "there's no good reason for them to take so long," whatever the cause, and whoever's 'at fault,' everyone prefers to get a quality product later, than a rushed product early, which causes anger and frustration.

The problem is that most people think they would rather have a rushed product, so they ask for it, and then complain when they get it. I just hope threads like this do not pressure TE into releasing a product before they are fully comfortable that it is working entriely as intended, and their Beta Team has assured them that it is enjoyable to play.

well if anyone has noticed, when launching dungeon defenders now it gives the "Steams servers are currently too busy to handle your request, bla bla bla", happens to me and a friend at the same time (after we closed game we got this message), might that be because of processing patch?

A lot of people keep saying 'I payed for this blah blah.' Who cares? If you wait a little longer, and the game is a little better because of it, then you're getting more for your money. Jesus... just lvl another toon or something, or play something else until it comes.

If it takes them another month to release Part 2 but it fixes major bugs and introduces no new major bugs, then I say go for it. I'd rather have a quality product come late, than a shabby product on time that never truly gets fixed.