[UNOFFICIAL] What should the next Barbarian Costume be?

I'm making a poll to bounce some ideas around about the next barbarian DLC. Also post your ideas below, especially ideas about other classes so we can make more polls.

And watch as that poll is full of seasonal bullcrap that nobody really wants.

They compile all the ideas that people wanted to see regardless if they're good/bad idea and not the idea of just one person.

It is not a perfect system though. So many people will vote for St. Patrick's Day crap that we don't need. I tried to limit that as much as possible and create an alternate stream of feedback free from holiday confusion.

In the past it has been common knowledge to create a character skin based on the holiday, but for some reason they opened up the St. Patrick's Day DLC to whatever. Trendy in a sense is shooting themselves in the foot. Cause they could be releasing a few (2-4) new skins during holidays, but all the other random skins that people want they could be turning into a DLC pack. And in all reality you have to really think about what it is... it's a skin, doesn't do any benefit to the game and is it really worth 'dramatizing'.

It is not a perfect system though. So many people will vote for St. Patrick's Day crap that we don't need. I tried to limit that as much as possible and create an alternate stream of feedback free from holiday confusion.

...if people didn't want it, they wouldn't vote for it =P There's other options put forward. Your ideas aren't necessarily the best ideas for everyone else.

Chaos, I really like when I find a couple skins I like because it helps me make my character that much more identifiable and customized. That's what keeps me coming back to games, but I understand for many people it's just an added bonus. Your point is well taken though; free DLC could very well be holiday related and the more stylistically appealing and practical choices could be saved for paid DLC from a business standpoint.

Shindria, As you can see here, my suggestions have some apparent support. To be fair, I don't have "Leprechaun Barbarian" or "St. Patrick Barbarian" on the list, but I just think that the community is stabbing itself in the foot by even asking for St. Patty's skins when it has been made clear that it isn't necessary. We should go for something that is wearable and makes sense all year round. That's my opinion, and you probably disagree, but I would be surprised to find I'm the only one who thought that way.

I posted in those threads briefly and it's hard once the thread is already a bazillion pages in, and anything you say is either too late or overlooked because one guy posted a nice color drawing of thematic skins. I created this thread to give people something else to think about not for the upcoming DLC, but the next time.

Chaos, I really like when I find a couple skins I like because it helps me make my character that much more identifiable and customized. That's what keeps me coming back to games, but I understand for many people it's just an added bonus. Your point is well taken though; free DLC could very well be holiday related and the more stylistically appealing and practical choices could be saved for paid DLC from a business standpoint.

Shindria, As you can see here, my suggestions have some apparent support. To be fair, I don't have "Leprechaun Barbarian" or "St. Patrick Barbarian" on the list, but I just think that the community is stabbing itself in the foot by even asking for St. Patty's skins when it has been made clear that it isn't necessary. We should go for something that is wearable and makes sense all year round. That's my opinion, and you probably disagree, but I would be surprised to find I'm the only one who thought that way.

I posted in those threads briefly and it's hard once the thread is already a bazillion pages in, and anything you say is either too late or overlooked because one guy posted a nice color drawing of thematic skins. I created this thread to give people something else to think about not for the upcoming DLC, but the next time.

Then post in the "Suggestions" portion of the forum rather than filling the General Discussion with stuff most people have already thought about.

I see your point. If the powers that be wish to move this thread, that's fine. I posted it here because the Adept poll was in the same forum, so it made sense to me at the time.

LOL, a sort of Scottish Highlander look with an orangeish beard could work, and would be just Celtic enough for some people to get their St. Patty's jollies.

Was just thinking, how about an Amazon styled from Diablo 2? I remember reading somewhere they were going to release a female one anyway.

Random thought occurred to me, being the geek that I am. For a minute I thought it would be cool to have him made up as Connor or Murphy McMannus. Then I remembered that I am, in fact, a geek and let the idea go.

;)

only like two of those make any kind of sense... how would armored paladin make sense outside of holloween? same with secret agent? the rest could be pulled off anytime..

We compile all of the community's suggestion and then pick our 10 favorites. (Since our forum polls will only allow 10 options.)

We compile all of the community's suggestion and then pick our 10 favorites. (Since our forum polls will only allow 10 options.)

someone did a poll a while back when it was only ddfw out... with something like 30 options remember that hitmonchan? i cant remember the name of the site used

someone did a poll a while back when it was only ddfw out... with something like 30 options remember that hitmonchan? i cant remember the name of the site used

I don't recall that. :^(

Oh the limits of vbulletin :) still not sure why so many communities insist on using it. I myself am partial to IPB. Been using it for almost 9 years now and would never use any other :)