People importing characters to open and modding there - Beware

So , how many of you are going to buy it again with all the DLCs.

I've purchased the game for myself, my girlfriend, several friends from online, however I will not be purchasing it again. I will play single player once in a while, but removing my ability to play with my girlfriend right next to me due to this, really just sucks.

Which is why I would like(if possible) for trendy to at least toss a message for players when they enter open that it is VAC protected and using anything except for a few unofficial approved 3rd party apps can get you VAC banned.

If you've used AHK, you can appeal to Valve because that was due to an issue that was resolved (and in some cases the bans may have been lifted automatically). Anything else will be seen as a cheat unless you're playing offline. If you're just playing by yorself, you could have played offline, or using LAN mode (Select LAN games)

You can still play with others on the same machine, or on the same network, and you can still play online by using gamespy. VAC only bans you from online through Seam. You can select GameSpy as your network provider from the launcher config program.

I would reccomend you make the suggestion in the suggestions forum to have them display the VAC logo onscreen in the menus when in an area where VAC is active. Simple text changes can be done quite easily and in several cases suggested text changes have been made.

Please do not describe how to circumvent VAC, even if it only works on open.

No programs should be used to modify DD but the official DDDK. There are many maps that give you free xp/mana/items already made.

<3 Fin

I didn't describe at all any methods to circumvent VAC. I'm not sure what you were getting at by quoting me and saying that. The OP was unsure why they got VAC banned, I think it's kind of important and only fair to inform them on what kinds of programs might trigger it. By the looks of it, a few other people have gotten nabbed by VAC messing around with similar programs on open. Whether or not it's obvious, I see nothing wrong in making sure people know they shouldn't use those programs.

I've purchased the game for myself, my girlfriend, several friends from online, however I will not be purchasing it again. I will play single player once in a while, but removing my ability to play with my girlfriend right next to me due to this, really just sucks.

You can still play multiplayer with your girlfriend if you both set the game to GameSpy multiplayer instead of Steam multiplayer. Run DunDefConfig.exe (in the folder c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\binaries) and switch the option from Steam to GameSpy. Granted this is not the same Open as Trendynet's Open, so you are matching with a different pool of people and may find more or less games available to participate in, but you and your girlfriend should have no problem playing together even if you are VAC banned on Steam.

Correct! Here's the quote itselfl

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by JeremyStieglitz
Hahahahahahahah, well anything goes in Open

-Jer[/QUOTE]

Amazing... that people hang on to that quote WORD for WORD.... He flippin said it in a post about a map that someone had "Made inside the DD Modding Editor its self" not some memory editing program used to edit or mod OPEN.

So STOP using that quote on every single topic that starts with "Banned in open WTF?!".

You want to cheat in an open game? Use the offical frigging program that COMES WITH DD, not some programs from youtube videos or websites claiming to be lergit.

Links to HACKS for open (cough excuse my use of the word hack.)
Fast Easy Mana.

0 to 74 in a heart beat!

@ZaysB, this message was not directed totaly at you so dont feel im targeting you.