Your Favorite Hero Class?

Just wondering what is your favorite Hero class?

Traditionally I like spell casters in games more than melee because I get bored of melee combat. Any MMO I would quickly tire of bashing things and retire my sword for a staff and instead blow them up and melt faces with magic.

Dungeon Defenders however oddly enough my favorite class is the Barbarian.

I like managing the stances and dual wielding weapons and just bashing everything into the next world. Also I am a big Arnold fan especially the Conan the Barbarian movies :D

So my choice is Barbarian!

P.S. Trendy we need female barbarian perhaps Red Sonja?

P.P.S. Trendy we need a spell caster. Functions like the barbarian, no towers just "specials" but instead of stances its powerful magic.

I'm kinda always fond of my squire, he was my first char and has proven useful since the change.

P.P.S. Trendy we need a spell caster. Functions like the barbarian, no towers just "specials" but instead of stances its powerful magic.

Funny thing that you bring this up, I'm actually almost finished w/ a "Warlock" class that is more dps and has some crowd control. Of course in my mind seems like a blast to play.

I am exactly the same way Vicious. And oddly enough the Barbarian is my favorite as well. I guess just in this game its just fun to run into a group of enemies, pop on turtle and siphon, and obliterate everything lol.

Apprentice because I like to delegate.

For no reason whatsoever I was thinking the Series EV would be like this, no towers, just powers.
Do want.

Definitly the Monk.

And yes, imho he is still viable on NM, even as melee (You dont actually go melee though :D) The trick is to stat everything into health, hero boost and then attack in that order. Then get an insane dps pet, pop hero boost, stand back and watch everything being one-shoted by your pet that now does more than 1 million NM dps.

But please dont tell Trendy this, its just too much fun seeing your dragon disintegrate entire mage clusters on wave 20 hc mixed with one shot. Because they might nerf it in some way back to the state it was pre pet dmg increase and that would suck because the monk would again be completly useless on NM

Definitly the Monk.

And yes, imho he is still viable on NM, even as melee (You dont actually go melee though :D) The trick is to stat everything into health, hero boost and then attack in that order. Then get an insane dps pet, pop hero boost, stand back and watch everything being one-shoted by your pet that now does more than 1 million NM dps.

But please dont tell Trendy this, its just too much fun seeing your dragon disintegrate entire mage clusters on wave 20 hc mixed with one shot. Because they might nerf it in some way back to the state it was pre pet dmg increase and that would suck because the monk would again be completly useless on NM

Guardians are still so ridiculous that I don't see any nerf coming to dps pets. In fact they buffed dps pets again pretty recently I think, since guardians are still ahead.

I still like a dps squire the most. 100% blocking is broken; there are very few bad situations a squire can't get out of by a combo of blocking into a circular slash. Spiders are no longer any threat to my hero since I changed from an active apprentice to an active squire, so hardcore is no different from normal mode to me.

The dps is amazing too, even without uber gear. With 1200 hero dmg, 500ish circular slash and bloodrage, and an 18k dmg sword I can put out 4m dps while raged. You also only need one weapon to get the most out of a squire, vs 2 for a barbarian. Saves a lot on upgrades.

I like Monks! My first character was the Barbarian. After that I tried out the Ranger and I liked him a lot. Then Apprentice, Squire, and now finally I am working on a Monk (currently 73) and was surprised to find he's my favorite! There are so many ways to build your monk and still make it interesting, if not totally "NM viable".

Example:
Focus everything in your Auras (aka Tower monk)
Focus your powers and be support (this option needs a bit of DPS to keep generating mana)
Pure Hybrid is fun too
But right now I'm realizing how potent pure DPS monks are with Hero Boost at their disposal
Another option would be to do a total tower support build where you put everything into speed and Tower Boost

Anyway, I know a lot of you veterans are going to jump in and say that monks aren't viable in hardcore and all the builds I mentioned are garbage, but I just think monks are fun. Agree to disagree!

If you go dps melee, make sure to get the ninja skin for your monk, it adds an extra swing and you get more dps. And if you do weapon, try the candle spear or ogre party hat. Candle spear has 174 ups per level in weap dmg and party hat is less rare, but gets you 150 per upgrade. I love the monk the most. And my barb the least... Which is sad because he has a great frost blade on him...

*edit* if you find a 250^ candle spear and up it in attack only, you end up with 43.5k attack on the weapon, without the base damage. Not too shabby...

The ninja skin doesn't add a swing, it just makes you swing in a full 360 degree arc so you can hit a mob even if you're faced directly away from it.

My Adept, since her towers are good that I can just place them down and go AFK on the crystal.

My first character was a Huntress so I'm pretty fond of them. Wish they were more late-game viable DPS, but their traps have become solid tower defenses.

I can definitely say that with recent content, I've never felt more powerful in a game than when playing a Barbarian. He's definitely my favorite DPS, probably favorite overall class atm.

The ninja skin doesn't add a swing, it just makes you swing in a full 360 degree arc so you can hit a mob even if you're faced directly away from it.

If you say so, but i seem to do more damage with the ninja skin on.

If you say so, but i seem to do more damage with the ninja skin on.

Just tested it. Same damage numbers per swing, 3 swings per combo in both default and ninja, same dps. The only difference between the skins is the swing arc.

Just tested it. Same damage numbers per swing, 3 swings per combo in both default and ninja, same dps. The only difference between the skins is the swing arc.

hmm, well i stand corrected. :) Maybe i just thought the sweetness of the skin added more.

hmm, well i stand corrected. :) Maybe i just thought the sweetness of the skin added more.

You also front flip when you jump :)