Inspired Character classes?

So basically, I was thinking, since there was TF2 inspired pets not too long ago, why can't we have characters inspired from other games?

The first one I could come up with was a plants vs zombies inspired character. Who's towers, obviously, are the lovable plants. And he could use lawn tools as weapons.

Some tower ideas:

Acorn: Acts just like any blockade, no side-effects, a ton of health

Sunflower: periodically produces mana (useful for dropping down in earlier waves so you don't have to go looking for it)

Pea-shooter: For this, I was thinking maybe giving it a base damage + % of the monster's health it attacked. This way, for smaller enemies it's not very useful, but for larger enemies it can really out DPS any other tower

Cactus: This would be mostly for ranged enemies

Torchwood: This would act slightly differently than it does in the game, instead of turning peas fired through it into fire peas, it would effect an area and all towers in that area would now have fire attacks and aoe.

Melon-pult: (gas) launches melons that do large AOE which damages enemies and temporarily immobilizes all enemies hit.

Obviously there is the copyright issues, but they were able to get around it for TF2, why not PvZ?

Obviously there is the copyright issues, but they were able to get around it for TF2, why not PvZ?

They didn't "get around" copyright issues with TF2, they collaborated with it's creators.

Then they did get around it, I didn't mean that they found a copyright loophole, I just meant that they we able to get copyrighted characters in their game. They did this by collaborating with the characters creators, and there are other ways to do this. I was just simply pointing out that this isn't something that they aren't willing to do.