[RAGE] Have anyone at Trendy ever upgraded a 250^ weapon? 500 clicks? You loved it?

Ceemeeir's thread on the issue: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?37350-Modified-forging-with-video-example

With Jeremy's post there:

ceemeeir, very good job with this -- we'll integrate something like it in an upcoming patch! :)

-Jer

OK, this issue has been around for quite a while. It's a very pressing one, at least for any active player. For all of us who haven't looted their perfect sets yet and go through upgrades rather often — and I'd say it's 90% of those who actually play.

It's not a new silly UI decision, there has been a dozen threads on this matter. Yet there's no solution. And I got some great upgrades for my toons today and... I couldn't stand it anymore.

Have anyone at Trendy EVER upgrade a 200^ set, 150^ pet, 250^ weapon? For 8 heroes? Constantly updating your gear and therefore upgrading the new items? Huh?

If the answer is yes which I doubt then are you sure it's ok to go through 500 clicks? I don't think so because at some point you really improved the UI of hero stat points investment which had the same problems. Then please, and my hand's begging you, do the same thing to the item upgrade UI.

Rate and sign if you're suffering from this issue as well.

UPD: I realize there are things like resistances, RoF, Projectiles and such. But you can at least cut the clicks in half by adding an Invest to Max Lvl button or something similar.

can't be hard to make it easier, just put a button to fire all of your mana into that weapon at the same time (ofc it wont put the mana in, if it can't have more)

This vid is in the suggestion forum, recommending a new upgrade method: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?37350-Modified-forging-with-video-example

The last post in the thread is a dev response from about a week ago. It seems they've taken notice of all the complaints. We'll see what they roll out with.

Thanks, updated the OP with this info. Apparently, I was wrong not to check the Suggestions forum =/

No worries. I knew about it just because I remember thinking it was a bit odd to see a dev post in a relatively old thread that had fallen to the wayside. Even after only a week, I had to dig to find it again.

There are a few points I would like to make:

1. Investing shouldn't require you to wait for the animation to finish. Invest all, click on the stat you want to upgrade, then wait for the "invest all" button to stop jiggling around before you can invest again. No matter how fast you can click through the process, there's an artificial delay because of the animations. Similarly annoying is waiting for the animation when I am starting up the game, I have to click start and wait for that animation to finish before I can pick my options.

2. Invest all is not a perfect solution for every person. I'm still relatively new so I am upgrading pieces slowly. Invest all is a poor solution for me. If you make it work like stats (seriously, why doesn't it work like stats?), where I can invest 5 at a time or all of it depending on whether I held down shift or control while I clicked, without taking away the ability to invest one at a time I would be perfectly happy.

There are a few points I would like to make:

1. Investing shouldn't require you to wait for the animation to finish. Invest all, click on the stat you want to upgrade, then wait for the "invest all" button to stop jiggling around before you can invest again. No matter how fast you can click through the process, there's an artificial delay because of the animations. Similarly annoying is waiting for the animation when I am starting up the game, I have to click start and wait for that animation to finish before I can pick my options.

yeah, i feel like the easy fix to this is to fix the delay times on the clicking. the fact that you have to click 100+ times doesn't bother me; the fact that you have to wait 2 or 3 seconds between each click does. remove the animations please.

Took me an hour or more to go into open and upgrade 6 weapons for testing its really quite time consuming and a bit annoying.

Need nothing more than hotkey for invest all and no delay between adding a stat and the investment function. Then you can keep your mouse cursor over the stat you want to upgrade and quickly alternate between the invest all hotkey and a mouse click.

It will go 10x faster and stop giving me carpel tunnel from moving my wrist back and forth over and over for an hour.

Still cant do 250^ in one sitting though outside of open mad mana map it gets to be like 20 million per upgrade :/

Took me an hour or more to go into open and upgrade 6 weapons for testing its really quite time consuming and a bit annoying.

Need nothing more than hotkey for invest all and no delay between adding a stat and the investment function. Then you can keep your mouse cursor over the stat you want to upgrade and quickly alternate between the invest all hotkey and a mouse click.

It will go 10x faster and stop giving me carpel tunnel from moving my wrist back and forth over and over for an hour.

Still cant do 250^ in one sitting though outside of open mad mana map it gets to be like 20 million per upgrade :/

if you have a controller, the trigger button acts as a hotkey to invest all. the keyboard should definitely get one too, but in the meantime upgrading is a lot easier with a controller.

A possible solution to this would be allow the player to add as much mana to the item in one shot, adding several upgrades at once rather than doing each one individually. Then have it so the player can click and hold the stat they want to upgrade and steadily increase the pace in which it's upgraded.

They have "hold shift to invest 5 skill points" so why not "hold shift to purchase/invest 5 levels of upgrade".

Signed

if you have a controller, the trigger button acts as a hotkey to invest all. the keyboard should definitely get one too, but in the meantime upgrading is a lot easier with a controller.

This is why I prefer to upgrade using a controller. It's less painful. Also don't have to worry about not placing the pointer just right and end up upgrading the wrong stat. But I do agree that the process should be improved. It was okay when the upgrade cap was like 37 but now with many items in the 200+ range... it's just annoying.

LOL @ thread title.
I must try one day upgrade item from 1 to 250 in one go, on ONE mana pool 2b :D. I know you didn't meant to be super detailed and 100% fair in naming thread but only saying, it's not possible to upgrade 1 --> 250 with 2b mana.

LOL @ thread title.
I must try one day upgrade item from 1 to 250 in one go, on ONE mana pool 2b :D. I know you didn't meant to be super detailed and 100% fair in naming thread but only saying, it's not possible to upgrade 1 --> 250 with 2b mana.

I usually do that in AFK Shop after Survivals. Because Survival is the only place I can get upgrades and of course I sell things in AFK Shops :D So I earn mana as I spend it.

And if we manage to somehow get to wave 27+ (no DCs, no bugs, no mistakes — exactly in this order) then I loot enough items of usual quality to quickly make around 3B mana in AFK Shop with DefStore.com support. Also it's a usual thing to pick up one or two items that go for 2B+ each. If I'm lucky with pets in store, huh...

So yeah, I did upgrade 252^ weapon w/o breaks and that made me post that rant in OP.

Also, I upgraded a 238^ armor piece the other day and it's almost precisely 2B. And it's 476 clicks, 238 repetitive cycles... Not a big difference from 500 if you ask me.

Can't agree more. I think changing the way items are upgraded is now a must considering wer are getting 200^ weapons. Upgrading is a pain and waste of time. Please trendy patch this to make it easier!

LOL @ thread title.

You could have several pages of 200,000,000 mana items ready to sell. So it's actually more than 500 clicks.

LOL @ thread title.

You can upgrade your armor set and weapon ~600 times with 1b mana pool. When they are 1/200 ^. Now that's fun

How about when you hold shift and click the stat you want to upgrade, it invests all the necessary mana automatically (without animation whatsoever).

And when you hold Ctrl + Shift it does 5 levels at once.