Mixed Mode Drops Are Broken | 117 Stat Bug

I'm hoping that in an upcoming patch this will be rebalanced, but items like this shouldn't exist in this game.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sandyd/screenshot/487751203994092072?tab=public

If the issue is not fixed and these continue to drop, I should hope that the bug that causes stats over 374 to show as 117 and when traded, permanently become 117, will be fixed so that gear like this doesn't just fill up my item box without any purpose.

I can't wear it, or I'm branded a hacker. I can't trade it, or it devalues.

They need to either fix the bug that causes stats to devalue or implement an absolute hard cap at 374 stat. As it is, this is pretty silly.

You realize that Trendy just doesn't ban anyone deemed hacked right? They're able to look into your account to check if it's legit or not.

(Also, that dead man was once number one)

You realize that Trendy just doesn't ban anyone deemed hacked right? They're able to look into your account to check if it's legit or not.

I'm sorry, they do ban you for 1 item that they deem hacked.

(Also, that dead man was once number one)

Even if you don't get banned for using it, people will kick you from their games because it looks like a hacked item.

ive just been getting a lot of gear that has stats change on me when i check it in my item box after i finish a map, particularly on sword weapons, where it will show decent hero/tower stats, and the block % will be something like, 568%. it will change to something like, -38% block, and half of the stats on them will change also.

i have kind of just stopped picking up loot, because there are too many bugs with the RNG at the moment.

I agree that should be fixed.

The items with above-the-cap stats should stay though. Yes, I have one and I don't want it to be stolen from me — it's the only really useful super item like this I got from close to a hundred of Misty runs and I totally love it. And I'd say they should continue to spawn just as rarely as they do now.

I'm hoping that in an upcoming patch this will be rebalanced, but items like this shouldn't exist in this game.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sandyd/screenshot/487751203994092072?tab=public

If the issue is not fixed and these continue to drop, I should hope that the bug that causes stats over 374 to show as 117 and when traded, permanently become 117, will be fixed so that gear like this doesn't just fill up my item box without any purpose.

I can't wear it, or I'm branded a hacker. I can't trade it, or it devalues.

I'm confused. Why is this an issue? The equipment's stats doesn't look hacked? Where is this bug in the picture? Everyone else's comments just says "oh yeah, for sure!" without saying anything about it. I'm confused.

I'm confused. Why is this an issue? The equipment's stats doesn't look hacked? Where is this bug in the picture? Everyone else's comments just says "oh yeah, for sure!" without saying anything about it. I'm confused.
Items with stats over 374 get rolled down to 117 under many circumstances. It's a flag for being hacked because some people don't realize that it is possible to generate an item with over 374 in a stat.

Mainly the issue is the bug, though. He got super lucky and got a really good drop but it's going to get munched by the bug at some point and even if he avoids it he'll get constantly accused of hacking because of it.

i dont think it is possible to get godly gear with so many positive stats (or so high) on it either, even with the few negatives it has, through normal play.

You can land godly gear with insane stats on mixed-mode nightmare survival MM. That's "normal play".

Yes, I can second that. I have insanely powerful godly gear from MM mixed mode survival. My level 72 barbarian is sporting a godly spiderling cleaver with close to 200 in some stats and one stat -82 and 166^ and his other weapon is a godly poisonous forest cutter with similar stat bonuses and 100^. Plus, most of my godly armor has close to 100^ and some stats close to 200, but far less than the the weapons I carry. My attack is over 1000 and I'm not even close to level 74.

[c3;354008']i dont think it is possible to get godly gear with so many positive stats (or so high) on it either, even with the few negatives it has, through normal play.

^^^

And that's exactly what OP means when he's says "I'm being branded hacker".

I hardly ever join some random games, I'm mostly playing with my friends. And if I have an open spot and some random person joins and calls me a hacker... well, the KICK button is out there. That's why I'm just wearing my Godly Chestplate with over 1400 tower stats or a Godly staff I've looted recently with almost 1700 tower stats before upgrades (yeah, 3 stats @ 500, give or take 20, compensated with 4 minuses and overall crappyness, but who cares).

If anyone doesn't like that it's not my problem. If anyone reports me it's not my problem either since I wear only the things I loot myself or the ones I get from people well known on this forum therefore I'm absolutely sure all my gear is perfectly legit.

Yet the community of witch hunters isn't the best thing that could happen to this game.

i wasnt calling him a hacker. im just saying, it seems to me the purpose of his post, and the one person who said he failed to see what was a "bug," was that the loot system currently is a broken mess, producing items such as is posted, with what appear to be absurdly high stats (ive never seen a single item that has more than 200 base value to any character stat. not saying they dont exist, just that i havent seen any). and the problem, as i read it, is that because it has a hero health bonus greater than 374, when other players look at it, they see 117, which some people recognize as a sign of being hacked.

the second problem, is that if he tries to sell it, because the bonus is so high, when someone else picks it up, it will reroll the bonus to a lower value, which again is a bug with the loot system. that it produces items with values beyond its acceptable range.

but, yeah, whatever. call me a witch hunter because you took my response out of context.

[c3;354522']i wasnt calling him a hacker. im just saying, it seems to me the purpose of his post, and the one person who said he failed to see what was a "bug," was that the loot system currently is a broken mess, producing items such as is posted, with what appear to be absurdly high stats (ive never seen a single item that has more than 200 base value to any character stat. not saying they dont exist, just that i havent seen any). and the problem, as i read it, is that because it has a hero health bonus greater than 374, when other players look at it, they see 117, which some people recognize as a sign of being hacked.

the second problem, is that if he tries to sell it, because the bonus is so high, when someone else picks it up, it will reroll the bonus to a lower value, which again is a bug with the loot system. that it produces items with values beyond its acceptable range.

but, yeah, whatever. call me a witch hunter because you took my response out of context.

The 1st problem is a bit deeper — if you have an item like this then actual stats (or the effect of those stats) are out of sync with the stats people see on your hero. They see +117 on item and it's +117 in hero info screen (if you sum up the stats on gear), but you or your towers act like it's +470 or whatever it is and this difference can be noticeable — hero HP is a good example. I can imagine people thinking that you cheated your hero HP with some external program.

So what we need here is just consistency — the stats should be displayed to everyone exactly as they are.

Had this bug, too... I found at 2 Mistyruns a Spidercleaver which had 495hppoints and 456on herodmg(6times-) but 0 upgrades. When i dropped it to show my friend stats went back to 117. And itemprice from 5.6m to 8k. Same to a hammer i found on Misty, again 0 upgrades, but this time 400+ on herohpandherodmg + 300+twrstats and only 1 negative. Wanted to show it too but again the 400+stats went down to 117. Itemprice from nearly 8m to 2.5m. Btw i think it decreases his valume, because they were "godly" weapons. Would be nice if you could fix it... Because when it drops a weapon with 400+stats on twrstats, it would be...

Well same thing here I've kept the sword though love it but kinda useless for survival misty cuz i can't deal with the -100+ to hero health on survival misty at the moment and had 410 tower hp and 515 tower attack 340+ on tower range and 290+ on tower reload. -100+ to all hero stats and only 25 damage.

i am using a godly rather than a myth for my squire tower guy with the same reason. godly stats from what i`ve found can reach 400-450, with a vendor value of 3x those of myth. ex; if the average myth weapon vendor value is say 2 mil, a godly can reach up to 6 mil. plus if you are really really really lucky you might get a 255^ sword with +450 to all 4 tower stats. only applicable to 2-3 types of swords though, i havent seen anything remotely good for other character weapons

i am using a godly rather than a myth for my squire tower guy with the same reason. godly stats from what i`ve found can reach 400-450, with a vendor value of 3x those of myth. ex; if the average myth weapon vendor value is say 2 mil, a godly can reach up to 6 mil. plus if you are really really really lucky you might get a 255^ sword with +450 to all 4 tower stats. only applicable to 2-3 types of swords though, i havent seen anything remotely good for other character weapons

New/rare models (check out the first three in filters for every class on DefStore for images) spawn with insane stats sometimes.

Apprentice: Mushroom/Raspberry, Spider Arm (Chopchop), North Pole (haven't seen North Poles with insane stats tho).
Huntress: Beetle Bow (Black Death), Forest Bow (Leafray, Projector), Snowball Launcher (haven't seen Snowballs with insane stats tho)
Monk: Unicorn (Rainbow Tusk), Mantis Spear, Spider Queen Leg
Squire: Cleaver (Claw), Primitive Hammer (Spider Smasher, etc), Webbing Entangler (Forest Cutter)

New/rare models (check out the first three in filters for every class on DefStore for images) spawn with insane stats sometimes.

Apprentice: Mushroom/Raspberry, Spider Arm (Chopchop), North Pole (haven't seen North Poles with insane stats tho).
Huntress: Beetle Bow (Black Death), Forest Bow (Leafray, Projector), Snowball Launcher (haven't seen Snowballs with insane stats tho)
Monk: Unicorn (Rainbow Tusk), Mantis Spear, Spider Queen Leg
Squire: Cleaver (Claw), Primitive Hammer (Spider Smasher, etc), Webbing Entangler (Forest Cutter)

You might want to add "Ice Blades" and "Candle Sticks" to that as well!
But from these rare skins, only ones that'll have insane stats would be: MISTY SPECIFIC DROPS, i.e. Spider hammers, Forest cutters, Mantissa, etc.

But the stat roll-over is too bad. Dunno what's the problem with letting the current stat stay rather than making them roll-over to 117 :/

I had found a 230^ Viking Sword with 638% Block, it rolled over to -47% ._.

I mean if a sword has 100% or 101% or even 1000% it's not going change anything related to damage taken, is it?

Some parts of the loot system needs to be fixed, really.