Resetting Stats of an item

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing i can see allowing this to happen is that you will loose all mana used for upgrades (even those that will cost millions per level) upon the reset.

cost of this should be a few million mana per item.

That seems reasonable to me. Generally once you want to respec something you already consider it to be wasted mana upgrading to where it is...

I really would like to see this and losing all mana for upgrades seems fair (plus a fee for resetting)

Some items like the Portal Gun, TF2 Pets and perhaps temporary event items cannot afford to have mistakes, and also you cant really test Pets damage wether its going to be worth it or not until you have spent the money.

I strongly agree that we should be able to reset our items upgrades.

Some items like the Portal Gun, TF2 Pets and perhaps temporary event items cannot afford to have mistakes, and also you cant really test Pets damage wether its going to be worth it or not until you have spent the money.

I strongly agree that we should be able to reset our items upgrades.

I'm not too bothered about the rest of the loot but pets and specials should be able to be reset.

IMO

If you keep the upgrade points so you don't have to pay to upgrade again, there needs to be an upfront cost to reset based on the number of upgrade points you have purchased.

If you lose all of your upgrade points and the item resets as if you just picked it up off the ground and you have to pay to upgrade again, there shouldn't be any cost to reset the item.

This should definitely happen, at the loss of the mana invested into it. Ive clicked wrong before not really thinking and been pretty ticked about messing up a great item.

It should erase the creators name, the new name given to it, and roll back the item to its original stats before money was invested. Seems pretty fair overall since alot of everyone's damage etc comes from the stats of these items.

Cost of the reset should be minimal or 0, and it should start at 1/x, and you should reinvest mana in it again.

Why?

Because if you have to spend few millions on an item, you are better off buying a new item from the forum for that price, and keep your currently upgraded one, maybe you can use it on another char. Other option is to sell it.

this game totally needs the item resetting (without beeing repaid the mana spend as a punishment).

especially with the monk range dmg changed, so u can reset old weaps to get the buff...

Fact: the gear that most "needs" resetting is end-game stuff. ("Needs" = the stuff players will use the reset option for)

Fact: 100,000 mana, the going rate for a character reset, is less than half of what you can earn in a round of Ramparts hard mode.

Fact: Ramparts hard mode is stupidly easy to run starting at ~level 35. (*Except maybe for solo monks, haven't tried that one yet.)

I fully support the option for gear resetting, but if you're not going to force the player to reinvest mana to level it all back up, the option needs to cost waaaaaaaay more than 100k. If you invest millions of mana to level up that chicken, you are making a commitment to those stats. Personally, I feel a token cost to reset the gear plus forcing players to repay that commitment is the way to go, but that's just me. But regardless of how it's implemented, this IS an option that needs to exist. So, uh, pretty please TE with sugar on top?

I fully support the option for gear resetting, but if you're not going to force the player to reinvest mana to level it all back up, the option needs to cost waaaaaaaay more than 100k. If you invest millions of mana to level up that chicken, you are making a commitment to those stats. Personally, I feel a token cost to reset the gear plus forcing players to repay that commitment is the way to go, but that's just me. But regardless of how it's implemented, this IS an option that needs to exist. So, uh, pretty please TE with sugar on top?

5~10 Mil Mana, Reincarnate your hero and add 5(?) extra skill points past the cap.

Free item reset to whatever stats it had when it dropped, and you have to pay for the upgrades again.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree that the best solution for an item reset/respec would be to have a charge of perhaps 100k to return an item to its fresh, unupgraded status. And that's all it would do. You would have to pay to upgrade it all over again then to re-allocate the stat points from upgrading it.

This would make it so it still matters where you assign your points, but you're not screwed if you do make a mistake, or decide you want to change it later.

Also, a huge new mana sink, which is also good.

(Alternatively, to make you think even more before resetting an item, it could cost the current vendor price of selling it to reset it. This would create yet an additional mana sink, and make it so it wouldn't be as trivial for people to just "wipe an item clean" before they sell it when they're done with it. As well as making it more affordable for lower level players to reset their items.)

Yup i whole heartedly agree with this glaring omission from the game.

You include player stat reset for a 100k mana price which i agree but no stat reset for items, why exactly?

I'm not very concerned with the finer details of this, like whether it should cost money to reset, what happens to the mana you invested, etc. Regardless of how the developers would make it function, I agree that there should be some way to reset gear stat allocations, even if it's just a watered down, non-optimized feature.

I would have loved to redo one or more of my old pieces to have lower bonuses but say, higher fire res for the Dragon, so I could more easily go in its face with a lower DPS, but last a lot longer on a failed fireball side-step, as I instead had to keep an eye on better damage gear to deal with its health directly instead, which took a lot longer as drops are, of course, so random.

You rack up millions of mana doing runs, but if the dice rolls are against you, then there's nothing even to buy in the Tavern.

• 4 months later...