Battle Royale, congratulations, you actually managed to make something worse than sky

.... Are you serious? 120 points, having less than 4 players takes a billion years, esp on NM. If you don't host you can't win because you get kicked if you get close. I joined a game with someone on 80 points, I overtake him to 110-100, he kicks me. I get 0 reward and he wins because he is host.

I try and host, the few people that join look at stats and decide if they will win or not. If they can't, they leave.

Did you honestly think this would work, ever? Ever?

EDIT: Oh and the irony, the way to complete this is to buy another controller. Epic.

.... Are you serious? 120 points, having less than 4 players takes a billion years, esp on NM. If you don't host you can't win because you get kicked if you get close. I joined a game with someone on 80 points, I overtake him to 110-100, he kicks me. I get 0 reward and he wins because he is host.

I try and host, the few people that join look at stats and decide if they will win or not. If they can't, they leave.

EDIT: Oh and the irony, the way to complete this is to buy another controller. Epic.

You don't have to buy anything. Get a controller emulator. Sorry that free DLC doesn't live up to your standards.

you don't have to buy anything. Get a controller emulator. Sorry that free dlc doesn't live up to your standards.

new business model

pay to complain

Just fought a barb with a larger range than me, no projectile lag, insanely higher damage [even though on 'normal' id have more dps], double health with worse hp stat, shield, way faster run, like triple attack speed..... yup must be balanced.

complain in the topic designated for it >.> i've seen enough of this and its free ffs nobody is making you play it srsly if someone gave you a present out of the blue for nothing are you just going to throw it away?!? because you don't like it?!?

When not facing myself to farm gloves(which takes 10 min by the way), when facing off against real people it takes about 20 maybe 30 min. Don't think that's a billion years. Reason why it may take you forever on NM is because your not properly geared for it. My barbarian + tornado stance and I still one shot most people(besides the people who are more geared then me and squires). So to be honest if you don't have the gear you shouldn't be in NM(I love when I see people below 74 join a NM match thinking they can do it, when without resists your screwed and no one upgrades gear below myth anymore). Just like the rest of the stages that aren't pvp. And we all know PvP is perfectly balanced yet, and gear does help but PvP most of the time it takes timing and strategy. I faced a barbarian with more hero damage then me and twice the HP and I killed him most of the time.

Anyways, it's free. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it. Simple as that.

It's only 60 kills. It takes 10 minutes if you play with only one other person who will let you win. On occasion I see someone hosting the challenge who will let you win. Also, you could host a match and ask someone that joins if they're willing to take turns winning. Maybe even hide the game after they agree so it's only you two. Simple as that. You definitely do not need another controller. Next time, ask for advice rather than complaining and assuming.

i personally host matches were we all take turns winning.. beating the crap out of each other...
also make the stipulation that you must be able to do 75kdp minimum before joining.. and live longer than two seconds

When not facing myself to farm gloves(which takes 10 min by the way), when facing off against real people it takes about 20 maybe 30 min. Don't think that's a billion years. Reason why it may take you forever on NM is because your not properly geared for it. My barbarian + tornado stance and I still one shot most people(besides the people who are more geared then me and squires). So to be honest if you don't have the gear you shouldn't be in NM(I love when I see people below 74 join a NM match thinking they can do it, when without resists your screwed and no one upgrades gear below myth anymore). Just like the rest of the stages that aren't pvp. And we all know PvP is perfectly balanced yet, and gear does help but PvP most of the time it takes timing and strategy. I faced a barbarian with more hero damage then me and twice the HP and I killed him most of the time.

Anyways, it's free. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it. Simple as that.

I have 2k player stats, the monsters don't worry me. The being kicked when you beat the host, people just leaving when you try to host and the instagib deaths from boss while waiting for anyone to join that make it take a billion years.

It's only 60 kills. It takes 10 minutes if you play with only one other person who will let you win. On occasion I see someone hosting the challenge who will let you win. Also, you could host a match and ask someone that joins if they're willing to take turns winning. Maybe even hide the game after they agree so it's only you two. Simple as that. You definitely do not need another controller. Next time, ask for advice rather than complaining and assuming.
I love how the fact that the only way to complete the map is to abuse a broken system and that this somehow makes it okay.

I have 2k player stats, the monsters don't worry me. The being kicked when you beat the host, people just leaving when you try to host and the instagib deaths from boss while waiting for anyone to join that make it take a billion years.

I don't die much in it. Maybe 10 times at most. And the few times I do is by the boss's flame trail and the other few by people. Still goes by quick for me cause I now how to avoid things. And I've got into and finished some natches now by holding back and give them a fighting chance. Barb and tornado stance are so OP on this I don't use tornado to give them a shot and most seem to be ok with it and I win anyways.

I love how the fact that the only way to complete the map is to abuse a broken system and that this somehow makes it okay.

Exactly. Most of the posts in this thread defending the DLC talk about how easy it is to arrange with a friend / stranger to take turns winning to get the rewards. I am pretty sure this is not what Trendy envisioned for this DLC. That people have to play this map in a way it was not intended to get the rewards, means something is wrong with it. Not only that, people should want to play the map properly, even without rewards. It's supposed to be fun. The Halloween map is fun. Glitterhelm caverns is fun. Most of this game is very fun, and enjoyable to play for it's own sake. The problem is that some of these recent DLCs are not fun.

First off, a good mindset to get into is that people like the OP are not the enemy, and they are not a problem. They are an asset. People who play the DLC, hate it, then unistall Dungeon Defenders and never think about it again, are the enemy. People like the OP are an asset because they are offering criticism. "Constructive" criticism is not the only kind that is useful. If people are very upset with an aspect of a game, it is a good thing for the developers to find out what they don't like, and why, so they can either fix it or prepare future DLC better.

Ideally, any content released should be fun enough on it's own that players actively desire to play through it and have fun. Whenever that doesn't happen, under any circumstances, there is a problem. I hear a lot of people saying that because it is free, there is no problem. Even if it's free, I don't think the developers wanted to make content that a mjority of players dislike. That means they just wasted a lot of time and effort. This is somethine they want to avoid, and we also want to avoid it because we'd rather receive content that is genuinely fun to play. Any criticism we give on DLC content can only help to give them a better idea of what the players enjoy, and so should never be discouraged.

Aside from that, even if it's free, if it is so bad that playing through it is not just boring or unspectacular, but makes you actively displeased and upset, that is a problem, because not only have you wasted time you could have spent doing something more enjoyable, you are now in a bad mood. To go to the present analogy people are using, if someone baked me a pie, and it tasted just awful, I would want to tell them, even if it's free. A) Because it upset me, and B) I want to prevent any future awful tasting pies. Maybe if I give them feedback, the next pie will taste awesome!

Well, this game isn't built for PvP. What do you expect? The rewards are by no means necessary. Just some fun items for winning. If you can find some friendly people to play with, you can have some fun with the challenge.

Get a friend, to let you kill for 15mins, then you let him kill for 15mins. in 2 hours time you will have everything.

But wouldn't it be great if changes could be made to the map so that you had fun during those 2 hours?

[QUOTE]EDIT: Oh and the irony, the way to complete this is to buy another controller. Epic. [/QUOTE]Because it's totally impossible to get a real live person to help you.

Why does it seem to be so taboo to have one or two maps out of dozens that requires multiple people to complete in a game that's specifically designed to be more enjoyable in a group? There's more to the game than just playing solo, folks.

//Not saying the map is great- but shooting down something on the basis that it requires more than one player is silly. What if Trendy makes the absolute most epic TD map you can imagine, but it is totally unfeasible to clear solo? Are you going to whine that you can't solo it, or are you going to discover how much fun it can be to team up with a friend? This game is touted for multiplayer co-op- not just soloing.

[QUOTE]I am pretty sure this is not what Trendy envisioned for this DLC. [/QUOTE]Well, you're certainly right about that. The idea was clearly to promote PvP by offering an incentive- However, the current PvP system is, well, less than stellar. It needs to be significantly revamped for it to be fun for anybody.

Because it's totally impossible to get a real live person to help you.

Why does it seem to be so taboo to have one or two maps out of dozens that requires multiple people to complete in a game that's specifically designed to be more enjoyable in a group? There's more to the game than just playing solo, folks.

//Not saying the map is great- but shooting down something on the basis that it requires more than one player is silly. What if Trendy makes the absolute most epic TD map you can imagine, but it is totally unfeasible to clear solo? Are you going to whine that you can't solo it, or are you going to discover how much fun it can be to team up with a friend? This game is touted for multiplayer co-op- not just soloing.

Well, you're certainly right about that. The idea was clearly to promote PvP by offering an incentive- However, the current PvP system is, well, less than stellar. It needs to be significantly revamped for it to be fun for anybody.

I don't think you've understood the complaints being raised in this thread. No one is complaining that you can't solo the challenge therefore its bad. We are complaining that because the level/system was badly developed, it requires 2 people or more to actively collude and ignore the actual challenge, to boost each other to complete it. There is no other feasible way.

I don't think you've understood the complaints being raised in this thread. No one is complaining that you can't solo the challenge therefore its bad. We are complaining that because the level/system was badly developed, it requires 2 people or more to actively collude and ignore the actual challenge, to boost each other to complete it. There is no other feasible way.

It wasn't badly developed at all. It's just grieving hosts that don't want other people to win. That's why people get kicked and aren't able to complete it. The system is fine. You just need to find some people to play with that aren't sore losers. You don't HAVE to boost with other players to beat it. You could gather a few friends and just have fun with it. The rewards are nothing special anyway.

[QUOTE]I don't think you've understood the complaints being raised in this thread. No one is complaining that you can't solo the challenge therefore its bad. We are complaining that because the level/system was badly developed, it requires 2 people or more to actively collude and ignore the actual challenge, to boost each other to complete it. There is no other feasible way.[/QUOTE]I don't think you've understood the real problem. The real problem isn't that you need others to "boost" you, the real problem is it's not fun enough to be played in a normal way over trading wins.

I also agree with the sentiment that for the sake of less corruption, dedicated servers would be needed for PvP (so hosts can't kick people that are beating them if you do play it "for reals.")

I think Gilgehmesh said it best.

PvP should not be hosted by players. Period.

I'm sure people would be ok with hosting games while they don't play lol. Just ask. In fact, I'll load up the map right now and afk and let whoever joins win.

I think perhaps an option that Trendy could add is the ability to host a PvP game afk and not have your heroes participate at all. Then we could have a more "real" PvP games. That way I won't have to make a new hero named "Punching Bag."

I'm sure people would be ok with hosting games while they don't play lol. Just ask. In fact, I'll load up the map right now and afk and let whoever joins win.
Hosting games is fine for win trading, but it's not fine if you actually want to play PvP. Any time you're winning and not the host, you're liable to get kicked.

Hosting games is fine for win trading, but it's not fine if you actually want to play PvP. Any time you're winning and not the host, you're liable to get kicked.

I'm hosting it right now. Helped countless people play fair pvp with no issues. "afk - free wins" is the game name.

I'm hosting it right now. Helped countless people play fair pvp with no issues. "afk - free wins" is the game name.
You're missing the point, teh point is, you can't actually "play" pvp because people tend to kick anyone that's beating them. It's part of the reason free wins is the only way to go- winning legitimately is practically impossible when anyone you kill assumes you're hacking.