Invisible ninja?

Check the top left when you take damage. It is in fact a DEW that hits you, it just attacks you from a distance.

DEW's: So broken they hit you before they arrive.

How Trendy balances this game:
Trendy, "Spiders deemed by community to be more broken than DEWs. Adding super-ranged-DEW-damage to compensate. DEWs now hit you when they leap, rather than when they land."

thank you for making this thread AND including a video.

This glitch is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating and EXTREMELY annoying. That DEW wasn't anywhere close, and like that other guy said, they seem to deal damage when they leap, not when they land. WTF!

Whats DEW? ))

at the beginning of MM wave of it occurs very often
I do not even have time to restore health

DEW = Dark Elf Warrior. The "ninjas" in the game.

If Trendy fixed these game-breaking bugs, we'd have a much more consistent review process. Some of the reason they have to buff and nerf so much is because they are compensating for broken enemies and broken AI.

If we didn't get one-shotted in a way without being able to prevent it, or had Ogres walking through walls and blockades, we wouldn't need as many balance changes.

If Trendy fixed these game-breaking bugs, we'd have a much more consistent review process. Some of the reason they have to buff and nerf so much is because they are compensating for broken enemies and broken AI.

If we didn't get one-shotted in a way without being able to prevent it, or had Ogres walking through walls and blockades, we wouldn't need as many balance changes.

Agree!

Something here tells me there is an issue with where the game thinks the monster(s) or player/crystal is when monsters attack which could be why players/crystals take phantom damage. That one video might be exactly what was needed for Trendy to be better able to track down that bug once and for all (I'm hoping anyways).

By the way, the one on the right jumped, yes, but it was the harder to see DEW on the left that swung right when you took damage. I rewatched it a fair amount of times to make sure.

[QUOTE]If it lags[/QUOTE]
its solo game, i am host, no lags
[QUOTE]but it was the harder to see DEW on the left that swung right when you took damage.[/QUOTE]
but he is far away! how did he get me?

• 2 weeks later...
I myself just ran into this bug about 10 times on round 11 of NMHCMM Alch Labs too. was playing two chars, and just sitting up on top of the crystal (like you were in the video) for the most part to get the pet buffs on the towers i wanted.

dunno exactly what it is, but they always do the jump and swing when they land that hits me, even though they were in about the same spot as in your video.

please get this crap fixed, like DEWs aren't bad enough.

When I watched this video I didn't even see the ninja.

This is completely different theory, could be wrong. However, it looks like a spider hit you. He flies over your shoulder and lands in front of the crystal. To be honest, it doesn't look like a spider in flight, but can see it when he lands.

Just another theory that seems more plausible than a broken ninja...

Ok, re-watched to look at spider. Seems to me the spider was dead and knocked that direction from the bouncer. Also, the hit happens a little before the spider passes, and the fact the spider didn't move after it landed, I'm still sure it was the DEW that registered the hit on you.

While you may be the host and there should be no lag, I'm thinking there is still a communication problem of some sort going on where it seems to think the DEW is closer than it actually is or at least that's my best guess.

has something to do with the aura I imagine, is there a wireframe/hitbox/collision detection type of mode?
I remember this from L4D, perhaps some of the same mechanics involved, just reminds me of it in any event...

well, i went ahead and went through the trouble of DL'ing the free version of fraps and setting up a youtube channel just to give you guys another angle on it.

read video description for some clarity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLyxZDvUHds&feature=youtu.be

I really don't know if there is a wireframe/hitbox mode or not, but really what's happening isn't quite the same.

In the L4D video, it's more of a avatar lag vs collison detection thing. What's happening here isn't that you get hit and then the DEW shows up at the place he could actually hit you from. He still dies out there in front of my barricades/turrets and never makes it over.

What's happening here is more like if the hunter jump at 2:56 (blooper reel) in the video connected with the player and did damage, and yet to kill that hunter you would have to have someone shoot down off the edge of the building to where you saw him land.

Invisible mobs is issue from version 1.0 but Trendy don't care about fixing it so we can stop bothering about it and start to get in common with invisible mobs killing our crystals. It happens to me more often than I can remember, or bug with ogre noclipping trough defenses or even jumping above it and going straight to eat crystal.

well, if the avatar is getting ensnared and the hitbox is jumping over the aura, that explains it, or at least that looks like what is happening, again I don't know how it all works in the Unreal Engine... I might be totally wrong :P

I really don't know if there is a wireframe/hitbox mode or not, but really what's happening isn't quite the same.

In the L4D video, it's more of a avatar lag vs collison detection thing. What's happening here isn't that you get hit and then the DEW shows up at the place he could actually hit you from. He still dies out there in front of my barricades/turrets and never makes it over.

What's happening here is more like if the hunter jump at 2:56 (blooper reel) in the video connected with the player and did damage, and yet to kill that hunter you would have to have someone shoot down off the edge of the building to where you saw him land.