Patch 7.18 Discussion

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck is going on with BR Event??? I got the dlc and I'm in my tavern thinking, "Hmm, No clue how this is gonna work, so I think I'll pull out my barb with 90% resistances and do it on Insane first, should be good!"

Yeah, no. One-shotted by the Demon Lord's fire attack EVERY SINGLE TIME EVEN WITH TURTLE ON AND AT 90% RESISTS!
Am I supposed to just ignore him and pray he doesn't shoot a fire stream in my direction? I can't even fathom how being one shotted in Insane is going to make Nightmare even possible.

What the heck is going on with BR Event??? I got the dlc and I'm in my tavern thinking, "Hmm, No clue how this is gonna work, so I think I'll pull out my barb with 90% resistances and do it on Insane first, should be good!"

Yeah, no. One-shotted by the Demon Lord's fire attack EVERY SINGLE TIME EVEN WITH TURTLE ON AND AT 90% RESISTS!
Am I supposed to just ignore him and pray he doesn't shoot a fire stream in my direction? I can't even fathom how being one shotted in Insane is going to make Nightmare even possible.

From what I've experienced, yes he will always 1 hit you. He's there to disrupt everyone and to aid you in killing other players considering it's pvp. With that said, I'm not really sure why they added him since getting even 30 battle points is going to take an eternity since you lose a point when you die from monsters. Oh well...

30 battle points is going to take an eternity since you lose a point when you die from monsters. Oh well...

yeah lol stupid ideia. :s

I don't think so. I did it on Insane a while ago, and it taked me like 10 minutes. Just try to play a bit and you will learn how to avoid demon. Sometimes he hits you, but still it's funny :D.
Just wonder if only winner gets rewards?

Dumb mission, AND Insane =/= NM.

Took me and my friend forever(>inb4 try to dodge Demon/mobs, hah we were) to get 18 score...you gotta me kidding me 100 score limit = fail, bull****.

Change that to at least 25 something on NM, really. I don't know how many hours you'll have to spend on that, considering you get -1 point for dying from a mob, rather make it -1 point from Demo/Ogres then it would make some sense,. Some random Kobold lights up and goes off at the very time you spawn. Wow even no spawn invulnerability, I got insta-killed pretty much 5-6 times?!?!

Stupid mission, badly tested.

The elephant pet is ... cute is not the word.

The electric glove...245 ^ up gives the squire a nice look. I know a lot of barbarians that will have two of them for boxing on maps :)

(nm mode rewards with a squire)

dungeon defenders + pvp == stupid. So the new map is stupid.

Wish they would have spent their development time on other stuff.

wall of text incoming:

* Added "Battle Royale" Event content...
* Switched TrendyNet encryption API to use custom libraries, not Win32 cryptography. Should resolve the few remaining cases of people unable to connect to TrendyNet due to crypto failure.
* Added support for Mac crossplatform-play
* Reduced Spider Web toss range by 33% (confirming there was no change to spider webs to make them tougher, but this should make them better to deal with in any case)
* Made "Default" color template for costumes re-select that costume's default colors
* Fixed misc Apprentice Projectile variants to not be weaker than Apprentice's standard projectiles
* Player Shops no longer allow selling items > 150 million if it will exceed the 2 billion mana bank limit
* Buffed NM DPS pets by 10%
* CTF PvP maps now also available in "Open" mode

well this time im quite pleased with the patchnotes...if they are complete
so now to complain^^:

PVP isnt fun in DD because at low lvls you have really problems atr actually killing somebody without upgraded weapons and at high lvls or upgraded weapons you simply 1 shot or at least 3 shot everything
so no fun there
i mean i bought DD because of tower defence combined with rpg/hack and slay
hall of heros you can atleast build some little defence that makes it worthwhile combined with reduced range
but creeps are an annoyence for every non dps hero so even there defences are more or less useless

and instant killing boss that cant die in such a small map is simply redicoulous and no fun
chance of getting random killed by stray hunter monk or app projetiles is very high...so no fun there
squre as melee class has no chance(without cheating) to stand a chance in pvp
i know he has high dps and survivability still he is to slow and melee...again no fun
on nm difficulty you need a score of 100 but even creeps do insane dmg so chance of getting killed by creeps rised while your dmg against them is nerved but for pvp purpose the dmg nerv is much needed to not 1 shot everything
so nm simply takes for ever ....... = no fun

my suggestion for all ppl that share my opinion i have 1 tip if you wantthe costumes
get the map play it 2 times on easy each time 1 is the victom and the other simply runs to him kills him while he avoids demon and creeps
note you must win with the champ you want the custom for
second sidenote squire block blocks even fire...with over 100% block....like most mythics weapons you get 0 dmg as long as you block
third sidenote van wolfenstein and soulfocuser even hit when blocked melee classes must go behind him
so squire is the perfect victom and the worst char to win

tips to make this map better/more fun:
- lower the boss dmg...its ok that he makes dmg and takes none when you have a good chance of surviving it ...
i suggest enough dmg that app monk and huntress have a hard time surviving it but squire has no problems
- i think its not possible but this map needs nm setting on every difficulty...i mean the lowered weapon dmg...at least for ranged
- make the map larger...much larger ....for now its just annoying

and last but not least...the customs look great and the new pet while i think its useless is a funny idea

tl;dr : patch notes are good new map is simply no fun and waste of time

Holycrap, the Mitt costume for Squire turns him into a male suited version of the countess. *** swagger included. Awesome.

This map could have really pleased if the Demon Lord attacked far far far far far less frequently (like a divine punishment for the players to recall who's boss) : in its current state armageddon happens every second^^
Combined with the score being so high and decreasing with god's interventions... This map is all against us and we're not supposed to coop :D (even when cooperating it's hard lol)

I'd say it's a very cool concept I would gladly replay if some of those modifications were applied :

-god does damage that can be taken
-god attacks (far far far far...) less frequently (not compatible with the above)
-score is decreased (with current god ~10-15 for every difficulty (doesn't make a real difference), with nerfed god ~20-30)
-monster kills do not decrease score (probably exclusive to any other modification apart from a small score decreasing)

So just like Valentines, great idea but don't ruin it with so basic details ! You really just need to play the map to understand something is taking the fun away.

Anyway thank you a lot for your work, can't wait to crush every bosses on this ring :)

You spawn and die instant if there is fire. So yeah, great one, not. Also I just die in the middle of the map with no mob around and lose points. This event is the worst dlc in gaming history. In comparison Duke Nukem Forever just starts to look playable.

granted the actual content of the new dlc is horrible, how is it that anyone is complaining that this is too difficult? right after the dlc was released we 2-man farmed NM a few times to check out the rewards, taking about 20 minutes each run (the NM rewards, pets and weapons, are garbage). after that we did easy to get the remaining costumes, with each run taking 2-5 minutes

stop trying to beat this in a pug where everyone wants to win. just find some random who wants the rewards and take turns. 100 kills really does not take that long. 30 takes a few minutes tops.

Anyone else can't wait for 7.18a-z and beyond?

Although having not tested it, the spider range nerf should be awesome for everyone, and along with the slight pet dps increase, it should be the highlight of the patch. It's like people completely forget that there's every other part of the game benefiting from this patch, along with awesome and humorous suits for the main cast of characters to strut their stuff in. Suit up!