Over 360 stat on gear

I saw over 360 stat gears in mystimre NM HC Mix mode.

even 500 stat on weapon.

When these item drop in other player's tarvern, It was changed 117 stat.

I wonder why changed

its a bug of synchro of some kind

happens often to see those insane high stats and then when you recheck they are normal

Host VS Client and Host after pickup.

If you're the host, you see crazy stats (1200% block for example) but then you'll pick it up and it'll reroll to something else. usually a negative.

If you're the host and see a player / tower stat over 360, you can pick it up and use it. If you try to give it to anyone else or drop it in someone elses tavern, it will revert to 17 i think.

If you're the client. you never see them in the first place.
if you are host, some stat caps (not all) are applied when you pick them up. but some you can use.

Example. I have a sword with 408 tower health on it for my spike builder. it is the only good stat on it. If i drop it in someone elses tavern or trade it, it will revert to 17 and stay there.

Host VS Client and Host after pickup.

If you're the host, you see crazy stats (1200% block for example) but then you'll pick it up and it'll reroll to something else. usually a negative.

If you're the host and see a player / tower stat over 360, you can pick it up and use it. If you try to give it to anyone else or drop it in someone elses tavern, it will revert to 17 i think.

If you're the client. you never see them in the first place.
if you are host, some stat caps (not all) are applied when you pick them up. but some you can use.

Example. I have a sword with 408 tower health on it for my spike builder. it is the only good stat on it. If i drop it in someone elses tavern or trade it, it will revert to 17 and stay there.

Too confusing O_O !!! Anyways - why does it happen and what's the purpose of it? This thing doesn't really make any sense: losing high points if you drop an item in someone else's tavern, lol?!?!

I'm guessing it is something in place to prevent extremely high stat hacking. Without something of that nature in place, people would be selling gear with 500000 to each stat. But when the data is sent through steam's server (host to client) its reverted to 17 if the stat is above the cap of 360.

VIA Trade or drop in tavern. there is probably a difference.

if i take a weapon to someone elses tavern that has over 360 in x stat, it will revert to 17.

Iv never tried a real trade. I don't do them because they can fail.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999025507/screenshot/505764952591089063?tab=public 379 stat in a random shop. (thats my itembox)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999025507/screenshot/505764952591086716/?tab=public dropped the item on the ground, stat reverted to 117 (it was 117 not 17)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999025507/screenshot/505764952591087968/?tab=public Back in my own tavern in my item box, that is the cleaver. The item changed for good.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999025507/screenshot/505764952591089063?tab=public 379 stat in a random shop. (thats my itembox)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999025507/screenshot/505764952591086716/?tab=public dropped the item on the ground, stat reverted to 117 (it was 117 not 17)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999025507/screenshot/505764952591087968/?tab=public Back in my own tavern in my item box, that is the cleaver. The item changed for good.

LOL :D !!! God there's this silly trade bug where you lose items...how exactly are we supposed to sell/give/swap stuff with others :/

• 2 weeks later...
I'm guessing it is something in place to prevent extremely high stat hacking.

Good thing the same thing happens for the hero aswell, so you can't get >120 in a hero stat. :)
Oh wait it doesn't. :(

any item with over 374 in a stat will get reverted to 117 if traded/dropped in another persons tavern, as simple as it is, the system can't take it.

PS. someone discussed this in another larger thread too...

I personally don't understand why they would hurt normal players in an attempt to reign in hackers. Guess what, most of us normal players don't play with the hackers anyways, or autokick them, or whatever. So this "fix" in place to prevent too high a stat should be removed. Let the hackers give themselves 99999 in every stat. It only ruins the game for them.

The odd number (374) seems almost like a data type limitation more than a physical restriction. If it's a data type limitation of some kind (i know it doesn't make a whole lot of sense but maybe) then it would difficult the slightly change the restriction. I.E. they couldn't easily change the cap to say 450 but they could easily change it to 37440.

The odd number (374) seems almost like a data type limitation more than a physical restriction. If it's a data type limitation of some kind (i know it doesn't make a whole lot of sense but maybe) then it would difficult the slightly change the restriction. I.E. they couldn't easily change the cap to say 450 but they could easily change it to 37440.

As far as i know from reading, this wasn't supposed to happen, kinda like how the old 128 cap was, just that if you go over, you loose stats.

using tapatalk app for android

I have a mail enchanted boot drop with perfect stats on the first month that misty was out and it has 362 tower Area, it seems that its value hasnt changed and i get 471 from set bonus on that stat. I dunno if its buggy or just a screen bug, but i havent got a problem with this item since then.

so that's why I never find really good gear like other people have? you have to be the host? I have never once found gear that even had over 160 ups in misty on NM HC while doing survival runs with others :(

I have a mail enchanted boot drop with perfect stats on the first month that misty was out and it has 362 tower Area, it seems that its value hasnt changed and i get 471 from set bonus on that stat. I dunno if its buggy or just a screen bug, but i havent got a problem with this item since then.

Occasionally items will drop with up to 367 and I think that's the highest it will go without reverting down.

so that's why I never find really good gear like other people have? you have to be the host? I have never once found gear that even had over 160 ups in misty on NM HC while doing survival runs with others :(

That's not the case, not sure why you think that would even make sense. If you aren't going past wave 25 non-mix or 20 mix mode, you are never going to see the crazy 200^ gear with high base stats. Sometimes it will take 5+ runs of non-mix through wave 30 before you find a really good 200^ piece.

Bit off topic, but how long does it take to run a Misty NMHC to wave 25+?

It took me 3 hours to get to wave 20 the other night but that was going really slow and looking at just about everything past wave 10. Supposedly you can do a full run 5-30 in an hour but i'm assuming that's not looking at any look that isn't green until the final waves.

Bit off topic, but how long does it take to run a Misty NMHC to wave 25+?

Using Kandar's speed build to wave 23 + full build thereafter, I've completed it with about 2hrs 15 mins combat time. Depends on how efficient your gas trap clearer is, I suppose.

Back on topic, items rolling over definitely isn't a data type limitation - if they added a single byte to the data type, items shouldn't rollover due to overflow until somewhere around 32.7k. So we can assume the rollover point is intentional.

There's really two reasons I can think of:

1) Trendy decided to allow lucky drops which go over the maximum upgrade for a stat, like the guardians have, but still wanted to limit that as a balancing factor
2) The limit point is that at which Trendy believe items shouldn't possibly drop above, so that hackers can't gain an impossible advantage of having gear totals non-hackers can never achieve.

If it's the former, then it's fine as-is (we don't need those stats to beat current content anyways) but Trendy should at least update the rollover to apply when the item stats first appear.

If it's the latter, then either Trendy needs to update the number (the actual cap may have changed with changes to NM, MM or HC) or everybody that encounters it has been involved with hackers in some way - of course, I'm not accusing them of being the hackers or even knowing the hacking occurred, but if it's the case and Trendy have the right number, then it's only logical that such items would be hacked in some way.

I doubt the rollover's a bug itself because there's no reason for the code for it to even exist if it wasn't intended, but the implementation could have flaws.