* 10% Resistances effectiveness buff to NM *CRIES*

Thats not what I'm asking for, nor complaining about. I am asking if there is a way to respec my armour so Im not wasting 10% resistance on physical as its capped. Could have used that to get poison or lighting to 90% instead.

Using the logic I already have 'better stuff' means if you have a better car than me, it doesn't matter if I come graffiti all over it?

Repeat after me...

"Nightmare is essentially a BETA product that I gained early access to from pre-ordering a yet to be released product. As such the developers ARE GOING to make significant changes between now and the actual release to virually every part of the Nightmare gameplay, and because of this I WILL NOT become seriously attatched to any gear or items that I aquire from the Nightmare mode as they may ultimately be drastically altered without warning".

There... all better now?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw shucks, your already 90% resistance character didn't get buffed like everyone else. Maybe you can move the completely and utterly worthless gear onto your mage/hunter now that they have more health.

Really... lol.

Just ruined my ^250 up set, no point having 45 generic resist when I could have gotten away with 41/42 and still hit the 90% NM cap. :/ any way to re-spec armor?

I just need to quote this again. There is nothing in this post regarding the players gear becides the following:

1.) Players has 45 resist value on gear (assuming non set bonus)
2.) Player has set of 250^

There is simply not enough info for people to be assuming that the OP is hacking. Please stop accusing people of hacking simply because their gear is better quality then the gear you have been lucky enough to have drop.

Repeat after me...

"Nightmare is essentially a BETA product that I gained early access to from pre-ordering a yet to be released product. As such the developers ARE GOING to make significant changes between now and the actual release to virually every part of the Nightmare gameplay, and because of this I WILL NOT become seriously attatched to any gear or items that I aquire from the Nightmare mode as they may ultimately be drastically altered without warning".

There... all better now?

Why are ppl complaining about capping thier resists to a BETA STATE difficulty, damn eejits tbh.

Aw shucks, your already 90% resistance character didn't get buffed like everyone else. Maybe you can move the completely and utterly worthless gear onto your mage/hunter now that they have more health.

Really... lol.

Wow, is this a new trend of not reading anything in anyone's post and just spamming your generic abuse post with a macro?

I am not complaining about the change, its good. What I am requesting is a feature that allows more flexibility, and less repercussions for players when changes are made.

You can respec a hero's attribute points, why not a weapon/armour?

Ok so your armor had certain stats and max resist and it still has certain stats and max resist... how is the armor worse?

It seems to me that your armor is exactly the same as it was so your investment is fully intact. 5 or even 50 points here or there doesn't even make a difference when your stats are already 2000.

Curious; why are you guys insisting his gear is hacked? All he said was that he has generic res at 45 and he has a ^250 set. Am I missing something or are we just assuming that anybody with a good stat in their gear or has a set with high upgrades is hacking?

well there are many clues, like real good ppl posting on stretegy forum giving or asking hints, also legit players usually buy or sell stuff for many reason, legit harcore players do understand

so yes if you have no forum post ever and come from nothing with a full 250+ set its hacked
not 90%
just 100%

also to note you can check many guys farming mysti FULL to 30 i ve played with some of them sometimes and NO ONE has nothing even remotely close to a full 250+ set

well there are many clues, like real good ppl posting on stretegy forum giving or asking hints, also legit players usually buy or sell stuff for many reason, legit harcore players do understand

so yes if you have no forum post ever and come from nothing with a full 250+ set its hacked
not 90%
just 100%

also to note you can check many guys farming mysti FULL to 30 i ve played with some of them sometimes and NO ONE has nothing even remotely close to a full 250+ set

So the bottom line is everybody is assuming that his gear is hacked with no real evidence.

Have you seen the teams of people who almost perma run misti survival? They sit there with 2-3 systems each, start multiple staggered levels and builds, then swap their dps champs between the servers to support when each level needs it. They farm full time, and yes the rewards are low. They create maybe an [ultimate] set of each type after a week farming, 4 of them. Its hard to get a full set of 200+'s, you just have to try harder.

See? They always deny it.

not 90%
just 100%

I'll just say it. All of dogie's 250^ max res gear is hacked.
No point reasoning with them, they are convinced they can fool you.

So the bottom line is everybody is assuming that his gear is hacked with no real evidence.

you see a train starting from paris to madrid and they say the travel takes 5 hours and stop in x y and z places ok?

then a guy at 10 am claims "im going from paris to madrid in train"

at 12 am that guy is in madrid

is there EVIDENCE he went there flying ? no since no one recorded his travel or bugged his suitcase
did he take train? absolutely no even if tehre is no evidence

same as these ppl, ofc we dont have evidence but its absolutely clear

So the community responds by claiming anyone with better gear with them that they're hacking and cheating. Nice.

Well, I think a lot of people are finding it odd that you have 250 up armor, and yet are ignorant of such a basic game mechanic as respeccing gear.

What?! You are the one making the claims without any proof, you can't then whine at the people trying to explain and point to evidence for being unreasonable. That is just not how this works.

It's not that I wouldn't want to be wrong, heck if a dev came in here right now and said "The gear he talks about is impossible" then I would be the first guy to admit that I'm wrong and that the op clearly got hacked gear.

I'm out. You can take it as me admitting to "defeat" or what ever, but this is just a tremendous waste of time. I have seen items like what the op is talking about drop. Why the heck would I waste time coming her to argue for items that I have seen drop with my own eyes if it was not so?

You're not smart, you're not clever, but you are the manifestation of the cancer that has been killing online forums for years now.

Wow, is this a new trend of not reading anything in anyone's post and just spamming your generic abuse post with a macro?

I am not complaining about the change, its good. What I am requesting is a feature that allows more flexibility, and less repercussions for players when changes are made.

You can respec a hero's attribute points, why not a weapon/armour?

Because one is YOUR CHARACTER and the other is YOUR GEAR.

You can easily have multiple sets of gear for a single character so there is generally ZERO need in the game to "respec" the items themselves.

As to... "But..But.. I already spent the mana to max it out!!!!"

Read this cut and pasted "generic abuse" again...

"Nightmare is essentially a BETA product that I gained early access to from pre-ordering a yet to be released product. As such the developers ARE GOING to make significant changes between now and the actual release to virually every part of the Nightmare gameplay, and because of this I WILL NOT become seriously attached to any gear or items that I acquire from the Nightmare mode as they may ultimately be drastically altered without warning".

If you don't want to deal with the possibility of your items from an expansion that is still in Beta mode being altered, then the answer is simple.

Stick to the Easy-Insane difficulties until after the Nightmare levels have been completely finalized and released to the general public.

What?! You are the one making the claims without any proof, you can't then whine at the people trying to explain and point to evidence for being unreasonable. That is just not how this works.

It's not that I wouldn't want to be wrong, heck if a dev came in here right now and said "The gear he talks about is impossible" then I would be the first guy to admit that I'm wrong and that the op clearly got hacked gear.

I'm out. You can take it as me admitting to "defeat" or what ever, but this is just a tremendous waste of time. I have seen items like what the op is talking about drop. Why the heck would I waste time coming her to argue for items that I have seen drop with my own eyes if it was not so?

You're not smart, you're not clever, but you are the manifestation of the cancer that has been killing online forums for years now.

It's ok... You don't have to go that far just cuz u "might" have obtained something ilicit. Stop trying to dimish your guilt by cursing people with online cancer!

Ok so your armor had certain stats and max resist and it still has certain stats and max resist... how is the armor worse?

It seems to me that your armor is exactly the same as it was so your investment is fully intact. 5 or even 50 points here or there doesn't even make a difference when your stats are already 2000.

It is worse if you consider it's full potential. If we pretend that his gear is not hacked, and he worked hard to get it; then I think it's fair for him to be at least a little bit unhappy about it. If he found the exact same gear again, it would be better now than before the patch; he is kind of being punished for already having it fully upgraded. It's kinda like people who complain about buying something at one price, and a day later having the price halved.

You are a serial child rapist. Oh you're denying it? Yeah they always do that.

Well, I think a lot of people are finding it odd that you have 250 up armor, and yet are ignorant of such a basic game mechanic as respeccing gear.

*face palm* I KNOW YOU CAN'T RESPEC ARMOUR. I am asking why not add the feature to Trendy.

lol @ perfect 250^ armor sets that can magically be found in Misty Survival.

Wow if only it was that easy to get amazing gear. Get something with high upgrade level, post it on the forums and slowly ^250 up gear turns into perfect max res gear

Lets see what I said shall we?

Just ruined my ^250 up set, no point having 45 generic resist . Yup, never said anything about perfect stats [im guessing you all think its 360 360 360 360 360 360 360 360, which its not, not even remotely close after 180 upgrades]. The base res'es were between 1-10, and have been UPGRADED. To get pass 23/30, as you know, you only get 1 upgrade per 10 levels, so to have wasted 5 or so points per armour is a lot of resist upgrade you can never get back.

Maybe if you troll hard enough my gear might magically hack itself into the max res max stat hacked gear you so want it to be.

Dogie, unfortunately there is a witch hunt going on where everyone accuses everyone else of having hacked gear. There is nothing you can do about it because unless somebody has gear that is >= to yours then they are going to throw around baseless accusations. Sorry about that bud but I guess the best you can do is ignore it.

As far as armor respec goes, it has been asked a few times before. I don't think it's possible because the current system does not save prev stats on equipment. I'm not saying I wouldn't be a fan of TE implementing some kind of system, but I'm not a programmer so I'm not gonna pretend to know how easy/difficult implementing a system as such in this stage of the game would be. My best advice is not to sweat the little bit less powerful (potentially speaking) your gear has gotten. This isn't really a game where min/maxing is required. Every little bit helps, but don't get too strung out over it. For now, I guess farm a new set of gear that you can worry about upgrading after NM is released proper.

lol @ perfect 250^ armor sets that can magically be found in Misty Survival.

I like the part where you skipped everything and made up a story then proceed to laugh about it.

Spoiler: No one claimed that he had perfect 250^s or that it can drop.

It's ok... You don't have to go that far just cuz u "might" have obtained something ilicit. Stop trying to dimish your guilt by cursing people with online cancer!

And accidental troll of the year award goes to..

I know that I said that I was out, but having this brainiac take a swing at old papa dog is just hilarious and made my day.

My guilt? Of being better than you? Heck, you can't even make coherent sentences. And your reasoning is just plain awful. Yeah you are most definitively the guy who will make me see "the error of my ways" ^^.

I'm shaking kid, honestly!

(lol)

Dogie, unfortunately there is a witch hunt going on where everyone accuses everyone else of having hacked gear. There is nothing you can do about it because unless somebody has gear that is >= to yours then they are going to throw around baseless accusations. Sorry about that bud but I guess the best you can do is ignore it.

As far as armor respec goes, it has been asked a few times before. I don't think it's possible because the current system does not save prev stats on equipment. I'm not saying I wouldn't be a fan of TE implementing some kind of system, but I'm not a programmer so I'm not gonna pretend to know how easy/difficult implementing a system as such in this stage of the game would be. My best advice is not to sweat the little bit less powerful (potentially speaking) your gear has gotten. This isn't really a game where min/maxing is required. Every little bit helps, but don't get too strung out over it. For now, I guess farm a new set of gear that you can worry about upgrading after NM is released proper.

I guess thats all I can do. Sort of run out of things to do on the game at the moment, spent so long doing the steam achievements.

I really don't understand why people are claiming the OP's gears are hacked: it's not even the point of the thread to begin with. All I see is that he is simply suggesting a leeway for mistakes (with gears that as far as we know are just 250^ and 45% in each piece for just generic - not even the other elements), which is useful for everyone.

It's true that many hackers are out there claiming their gears are legit, but there is no way to tell with the information we're given. We don't know that he doesn't have massive negatives. Heck, we don't even know if he even has more than 1 stat at 360. All this assuming is just stemming from pure ignorance and jealousy.

If you've run Mistymire NM HC MM on a regular basis (no, simply exporting your gears to Open to test for less than a day does not count), then you know that while it takes time, it is not difficult to obtain gears at 250^, positive resistances, and positive hero health/damage. I've only ever managed to put together one good 230^+ tower set since NM came out, but I have found and sold many hero sets, simply because their requirements are so much easier to meet. Sure, many of them carry massive negatives in tower stats, and some even in abilities, but its viability is highly dependent on what you're looking for.

So seriously, guys, give the OP a break and use your brains for once before ignorantly claiming that his gears are hacked. There is absolutely no way to tell from the information we're given.

By the way, I agree we should have an equipment respec option, even with a high nominal fee.

Because one is YOUR CHARACTER and the other is YOUR GEAR.

You can easily have multiple sets of gear for a single character so there is generally ZERO need in the game to "respec" the items themselves.

As to... "But..But.. I already spent the mana to max it out!!!!"

Read this cut and pasted "generic abuse" again...

"Nightmare is essentially a BETA product that I gained early access to from pre-ordering a yet to be released product. As such the developers ARE GOING to make significant changes between now and the actual release to virually every part of the Nightmare gameplay, and because of this I WILL NOT become seriously attached to any gear or items that I acquire from the Nightmare mode as they may ultimately be drastically altered without warning".

If you don't want to deal with the possibility of your items from an expansion that is still in Beta mode being altered, then the answer is simple.

Stick to the Easy-Insane difficulties until after the Nightmare levels have been completely finalized and released to the general public.

+1...

I like the part where you skipped everything and made up a story then proceed to laugh about it.

Spoiler: No one claimed that he had perfect 250^s or that it can drop.

And accidental troll of the year award goes to..

I know that I said that I was out, but having this brainiac take a swing at old papa dog is just hilarious and made my day.

My guilt? Of being better than you? Heck, you can't even make coherent sentences. And your reasoning is just plain awful. Yeah you are most definitively the guy who will make me see "the error of my ways" ^^.

I'm shaking kid, honestly!

(lol)

Glad you could be honest to yourself after my "accidental" trolling, lol '-'
The thing is that i believe there is a MINORITY of good godlike geared legit players but the game itself won't help against this thought and most people should agree with that.
Sry about my "sentences". English isn't my native language, that doesn't mean im just dumb

@ Topic
[QUOTE]"...and because of this I WILL NOT become seriously attached to any gear or items that I acquire from the Nightmare mode as they may ultimately be drastically altered without warning".[/QUOTE]

Although i agree with a re-spec idea. Would have saved a lot of my mana and play TIME...
but play time is always encouraged i guess.

we are all waiting for the SS of this PERFECT armor SET that suddenly is not perfect and not good anymore :D

i love how people complain about any nurf and any buff, people on this forum complain about everything.

re-specking armour would be impossible to balance properly, it would be the biggest mana sink and take away a lot of need for looking for new armour. good idea in theory but in practice, people would still end up complaining about it, "it costs to much to upgrade" "it doesnt cost enough"

your 90% sets are still 90% sets, they are still JUST AS GOOD AS THEY WHERE BEFORE.
they just made it easier to get 90% sets in NM