* 10% Resistances effectiveness buff to NM *CRIES*

Just ruined my ^250 up set, no point having 45 generic resist when I could have gotten away with 41/42 and still hit the 90% NM cap. :/ any way to re-spec armor?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Trendy says they changed the NM resist by 10% do they mean it went from 50% - ~55% or do they mean they buffed it to 60% of normal values?

i agree this ruined my perfect 250 set too. I would go with a small buff above 90% aswell. I mean for those who have already hit the 90% cap it would be nice to get a 2% buff (92%) to not feel it is wasted. Hell even 1% would be acceptable for me (thats like 10% dmg reduction)

So the community responds by claiming anyone with better gear with them that they're hacking and cheating. Nice.

Stop complaining please, you already got better gear than like 90% of the community, just enjoy your higher resistances on the other things.

Stop complaining please, you already got better gear than like 90% of the community, just enjoy your higher resistances on the other things.

Thats not what I'm asking for, nor complaining about. I am asking if there is a way to respec my armour so Im not wasting 10% resistance on physical as its capped. Could have used that to get poison or lighting to 90% instead.

Using the logic I already have 'better stuff' means if you have a better car than me, it doesn't matter if I come graffiti all over it?

\I am asking if there is a way to respec my armour

unfortunately, not at the moment. perhaps trendy may implement one in the future.

Surely you can aquire more gear of similar stats or at least kept gear of similar quality for alt characters to at least know the possiblity of it dropping and in which case you can rest assured that you can get it again within and X amount of time frame.

If you bought it from a shop, go ask them for more on my first point.

I agree. I don't have the best of gear but it's annoying to know now that I have wasted upgrading points into resists that go over the limit now. There is no way to respec at the moment but last night I did post it in the suggestion thread. Maybe if you all god post and support it they might do it.
http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?46989-Equipment-Upgrade-Resets

At the moment the is no way to respec your hacked armour. And yes its hacked dont even lie. 99% of people with gear like that hacked it and the other 1% had a hacker help them.

Curious; why are you guys insisting his gear is hacked? All he said was that he has generic res at 45 and he has a ^250 set. Am I missing something or are we just assuming that anybody with a good stat in their gear or has a set with high upgrades is hacking?

At the moment the is no way to respec your hacked armour. And yes its hacked dont even lie. 99% of people with gear like that hacked it and the other 1% had a hacker help them.

I like how you just take random numbers based on nothing and try make your case. It's mind boggling how naive people are when it comes to items.

I see(saw) items like these drop daily. I had a group of friends (all quit now) who would run MM HC NM for 7-10 hours a day for 3 weeks and the stuff that dropped was really nice. Sure most of the 200 ups items are **** due to bad itemization, but it depends on what you are building anyways.

And as it was resistances it was probably a dps char where you mainly need hero damage and hp, meaning that only two stats had to be in his favor. (Yes there are exceptions etc..)

Personally I had 2 dps chars with gear in the 150-240 range that now got "ruined" resistances. It doesn't really bother me that much tho as it stands to reason that the gear I spent billions on in upgrades would be ruined without warning. Will I do the same grind again tho? No.

Why is it fine to pick on the people who are clearly better than you in this game? The people who seem to constantly have their investments ruined by random game "fixes"?

Do you think that you as the casual fanboi actually give decent feedback to the devs? No you don't. They will get far more use from the people who are able to actually test the end game content and obtain end game gear.

Now this would not matter if this was a casual like game, but as the devs made clear time and time again. This is a game "by gamers for gamers" and its supposed to be hard. Then why do you constantly **** over the people who are in the peak?

Easy orc over here is a sad orc today: :orc:

:(

Surely you can aquire more gear of similar stats or at least kept gear of similar quality for alt characters to at least know the possiblity of it dropping and in which case you can rest assured that you can get it again within and X amount of time frame.

If you bought it from a shop, go ask them for more on my first point.

I could buy another set but thats not the point. I've spent probably 3 bill just upgrading them to ^180, so to reupgrade AND purchase another set.... wow.

I understand what you're saying, its just a shame when it would be such a simple addition for them to add in.

I like how you just take random numbers based on nothing and try make your case. It's mind boggling how naive people are when it comes to items.

I see(saw) items like these drop daily. I had a group of friends (all quit now) who would run MM HC NM for 7-10 hours a day for 3 weeks and the stuff that dropped was really nice. Sure most of the 200 ups items are **** due to bad itemization, but it depends on what you are building anyways.

And as it was resistances it was probably a dps char where you mainly need hero damage and hp, meaning that only two stats had to be in his favor. (Yes there are exceptions etc..)

Personally I had 2 dps chars with gear in the 150-240 range that now got "ruined" resistances. It doesn't really bother me that much tho as it stands to reason that the gear I spent billions on in upgrades would be ruined without warning. Will I do the same grind again tho? No.

Why is it fine to pick on the people who are clearly better than you in this game? The people who seem to constantly have their investments ruined by random game "fixes"?

Do you think that you as the casual fanboi actually give decent feedback to the devs? No you don't. They will get far more use from the people who are able to actually test the end game content and obtain end game gear.

Now this would not matter if this was a casual like game, but as the devs made clear time and time again. This is a game "by gamers for gamers" and its supposed to be hard. Then why do you constantly **** over the people who are in the peak?

Easy orc over here is a sad orc today: :orc:

:(

Here here

The simple thing to add in is a better grind for the gear rather then the artifical grind for MANA to upgrade the gear. MANA has no value at all in time spent if you cant get that gear or upgrade that gear in a meaningful enough way. "spend 10 hour mas our 100 gear level, spend 50 hours max oput 200 gear levels" It's stupid when you can spend 250 hours finding that 1 piece of gear that you want to spend 200 hour upgrading.

Curious; why are you guys insisting his gear is hacked? All he said was that he has generic res at 45 and he has a ^250 set. Am I missing something or are we just assuming that anybody with a good stat in their gear or has a set with high upgrades is hacking?

I feel like I should put this info out there and people can take it however they want. Firstly, I agree with Mr Helpful above. Why?

A month or two ago I exported my stuff to Open, maxed all my stats to 999999999999999, and ran Misty NM HC MM Surv at least two dozen times (I skipped to wave 20). The amount of armor I got with 240^ ups was very small (1-3 per run), they were all of disparate types (pristine, lucky, etc), and ALWAYS had HUGE negatives (100-200) somewhere if not (and more often) multiple places on them.

Then you see people in ranked in full 250^+, matching sets, with max resists, and no negatives. It would take a mathematician to tell you the odds of acquiring this gear by legit means, because its so unlikely. But it doesn't take a mathematician to see the odds of said player having a 99.9% chance of hacking hacked this gear. Or higher. It would take HUNDREDS UPON THOUSANDS of hours just to get the pieces to a set like this, and then some to max level it.

Of course they'll always deny it. And yet I see people in gear like this every. single. day.

Now on Ranked, the furthest I have been able to progress my characters is completing the campaign on NM, and making it to the boss of Misty (but can't beat it). All my armors are between 80-160^ and I am at a wall I can't climb to get any better. All of this stuff came from Misty campaign or NM ES Survival waves 11-15. Now I'm not saying this wall can't be passed, I mostly solo and people have been playing longer than me. But I'd be willing to bet most of the people who did pass this wall did so with gear from the other side, that they obtained somehow - be it from mana shops, USD shops, hacks, handouts, etc.

But when you see these new players talking about how their 250^ matched perfect set is ruined by the patch, you can't help but roll your eyes.

Yes im a casual player who has all the achivements and over 800 hours into the game, and made a list of end game stats for gear.

I know for a fact that you played with a hacker, hade help from a hacker , or bought somthing from a hacker to get where you are. And there is no point argueing this fact. Try to claiming your gear is legit is wrong no matter how you swing it. yea you might have actually picked it up yourself but someone in the game hade somthing hacked, or used somthing hacked to get you to this point. weather you knew it was hacked or they where isnt the point.

@rumsey

I agree. The gear that is flawless with no negatives is obviously hacked. But in the case of the OP he only needs two of those stats in his favor and this was what I argued for. I clearly stated this in my post tho, so I'm not sure what doubt there was.

I'll try explain it again. For a dps character you don't need tower stats and for the most part not special stats. So you only need good rolls on hero hp and hero damage. If you got -300 in all the tower stats it does not matter.

Is there hacked gear out there? Yes. Does the OP have hacked gear? Who the hell knows. But I've seen 250 ups gear with favorable hero dps and hero damage and its really not that rare.

Have I ever seen perfect gear drops or even perfect tower gear drop with 250? No never. But this is not what the "debate" is about.

What seems clear tho is that trendy has no idea what they are doing, but this is not news.

I feel like I should put this info out there and people can take it however they want. Firstly, I agree with Mr Helpful above. Why?

A month or two ago I exported my stuff to Open, maxed all my stats to 999999999999999, and ran Misty NM HC MM Surv at least two dozen times (I skipped to wave 20). The amount of armor I got with 240^ ups was very small (1-3 per run), they were all of disparate types (pristine, lucky, etc), and ALWAYS had HUGE negatives (100-200) somewhere if not (and more often) multiple places on them.

Then you see people in ranked in full 250^+, matching sets, with max resists, and no negatives. It would take a mathematician to tell you the odds of acquiring this gear by legit means, because its so unlikely. But it doesn't take a mathematician to see the odds of said player having a 99.9% chance of hacking hacked this gear. Or higher. It would take HUNDREDS UPON THOUSANDS of hours just to get the pieces to a set like this, and then some to max level it.

Of course they'll always deny it. And yet I see people in gear like this every. single. day.

Now on Ranked, the furthest I have been able to progress my characters is completing the campaign on NM, and making it to the boss of Misty (but can't beat it). All my armors are between 80-160^ and I am at a wall I can't climb to get any better. All of this stuff came from Misty campaign or NM ES Survival waves 11-15. Now I'm not saying this wall can't be passed, I mostly solo and people have been playing longer than me. But I'd be willing to bet most of the people who did pass this wall did so with gear from the other side, that they obtained somehow - be it from mana shops, USD shops, hacks, handouts, etc.

But when you see these new players talking about how their 250^ matched perfect set is ruined by the patch, you can't help but roll your eyes.

Regarding the bold bit. So you hacked [oh the irony] your gear to see how hard it is to get top end gear. You did a few runs and then concluded everyone was hacking. Have you seen the teams of people who almost perma run misti survival? They sit there with 2-3 systems each, start multiple staggered levels and builds, then swap their dps champs between the servers to support when each level needs it. They farm full time, and yes the rewards are low. They create maybe an [ultimate] set of each type after a week farming, 4 of them. Its hard to get a full set of 200+'s, you just have to try harder.

Yes im a casual player who has all the achivements and over 800 hours into the game, and made a list of end game stats for gear.

I know for a fact that you played with a hacker, hade help from a hacker , or bought somthing from a hacker to get where you are. And there is no point argueing this fact. Try to claiming your gear is legit is wrong no matter how you swing it. yea you might have actually picked it up yourself but someone in the game hade somthing hacked, or used somthing hacked to get you to this point. weather you knew it was hacked or they where isnt the point.

Ook?

No, I'm just not a poor gamer like yourself. But maybe once you reach 1600 hours you will be able to make the leap to Mistymire. While this is a somewhat rude statement, you strike me as the kind of guy who doesn't want reasoning or logic, so I should just skip straight to calling you a bad player.

And you have to be a bad player if cant grind waves at 20+ in misty after 800 hours played. That goes for anyone out there with 800 played hours at this point. Why would you even brag about that? :|

Regarding the bold bit. So you hacked [oh the irony] your gear to see how hard it is to get top end gear. You did a few runs and then concluded everyone was hacking. Have you seen the teams of people who almost perma run misti survival? They sit there with 2-3 systems each, start multiple staggered levels and builds, then swap their dps champs between the servers to support when each level needs it. They farm full time, and yes the rewards are low. They create maybe an [ultimate] set of each type after a week farming, 4 of them. Its hard to get a full set of 200+'s, you just have to try harder.

Most if not all of those players quit the game tho, but yeah really good post that is spot on.

Most if not all of those players quit the game tho, but yeah really good post that is spot on.

When Trendy says they changed the NM resist by 10% do they mean it went from 50% - ~55% or do they mean they buffed it to 60% of normal values?

NM values are now 55% of the listed total rather than 50%.