Equipment Upgrade Resets

Ok, now that this latest patch removed 10% off the resists(used to be 50%, now its 40%). I now have upgrades that are wasted in to some resists. There should be a reset upgrades option, just like you do for stat point level ups. Make a cost to it or something as well, that option just needs to be made. Plus I also lag sometimes and accidently put stat points where I don't want them on my gear. Anyways, I think this is a good idea. If you guys can't figure out how or don't want to make it difficult on yourselves. Make it to where you can only restat the gear on max upgraded weapons (ex. 25/25). I would just love to see this made because I hate it when I waste upgrades on armor that I like and basically can never find another just like it. Just thought this would be a good option.

+4, myself and three friends are all in support of this concept. Personally I would give the option to respec an item at anytime for a cost in the tavern (maybe 1mil), regardless of how many upgrades etc which resets it to it's level 1/x stats.

removed res? you mean boosted resistance. 50% is now 55% on nm

First of all they suck at explaining things and I now know it's only a 5% difference then 10%. And I look at it more of shaved some % off then adding. Because they originally took 50% of your resistance and that was your total. Now instead of taking off 50% they are taking off 45%. Yes it's still a boost in a sense but I just look at it the other way because of what it is and how they are doing it.

Anyways, still hoping they read this and consider it.

I dont understand what you mean :P but trendy posts for patch notes are pretty clear i think

Usually they are but this "* 10% Resistances effectiveness buff to NM" wasn't as clear as it should have been. The way that is stated seem like it's adding 10% to the 50% making to 60% when it's adding 10% ON TOP of the 50% which makes it 55% because when you do the math you do the 50% first then the added 10%. So they just need to be more clear when stating %'s because that was easily confusing.

Oh cool, you want Trendy to bend over backwards to change the game system so you can get... what, 20 hero attack? 20 health?

Is it enough of a difference to even matter at that point?

I think it's moreso for those who have invested in physical resist when now they could have a few extra % in fire resist etc :)

Oh cool, you want Trendy to bend over backwards to change the game system so you can get... what, 20 hero attack? 20 health?

Is it enough of a difference to even matter at that point?

Every point counts. I've survived on numerous occasions with 2 or 3 digits left in my remaining health.

I think it's moreso for those who have invested in physical resist when now they could have a few extra % in fire resist etc :)

And that is correct, be nice to have some more of my elemental resists up.

I wouldn't mind having an equipment respec option, but I don't think it should be easily available whenever we want. I'd like to see it come with a HUUUGE fee (such as 50m) per piece, without any refunds for the upgrades that we have already invested. So essentially, we'd end up paying the hypothetical 50m (fee) + 2b (mana spent upgrading) in total.

It should serve as a desperation alternative to buying/farming a whole new set, and not a go-to primary option.

Repost from the thread in which this notion came up in the patch notes forum:[quote]Without getting into the haked/legit BS, there is (I would imagine) a world of difference between hero respecs and gear respec in DD now due to the differing nature of hero stats vs gear stats.

Hero stats have a fixed base with no randomness. There is, in absolutely every case, a known starting point. This isn't the case with gear. The value of almost every stat on a piece of gear is randomized upon item generation, precluding the possibility of a fixed base upon which the item is built via upgrades. In order to make respeccing gear possible the system would have to save the beginning stats of every item generated and discard them only when that item was removed from the game world via auto-selling or tavern sales. While it may well be possible to do this, you're talking about an enormous resource hog, I should think (please keep in mind that I'm no programmer. This is supposition on my part and I freely admit that). Given the number of items generated in a single play session, even on a single map, the amount of data that would need to be stored becomes exponentially larger with each and every wave completed.

Gear respecs would be an option that I would embrace with open arms, but the fact is that in a loot game like this one, in which every item is randomly generated, the idea is incredibly impractical. The only other way I see to make it possible would be fixed starting stats along the lines of WoW gear. [/quote]

If I'm wrong about something here, please enlighten me.

Repost from the thread in which this notion came up in the patch notes forum:

If I'm wrong about something here, please enlighten me.

Sounds reasonable. Perhaps when Trendy finally decides to store the data on the server side, it could bring more light to this suggestion.