see the edit in my post with build link. and to be clear, you are not asking for help, you are asking for someone to walk you through this so you do not have to do it on your own. there is a difference.

accusing the people you are trying to get this information from of being hackers does not exactly encourage anyone to divulge such information.

Thanks for the build! I will try the enrage aura there. Other than that, your set up is close to mine.

Also, I am not asking people to walk me through it. Anyone that can read can see that I have been asking for help for 3 days in THIS thread! Again, as always, I offered to BUILD/UPGRADE/REPAIR! Ya, that sounds like I want my hand held!

On the topic of helping others, I use to run a leveling server every day to help people level up. I didn't carry them, we worked as a team and they "earned" their levels.

You know nothing about me to make assumptions like you have. I on the other hand have proof and experience every day with this game about its community.

It is time to walk the walk instead of talk the talk!

Join my game, still no legit players have joined.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the previous topic, to prove my point even further to show that I am not simply "accusing" people of hacking:

Here is a conversation I just had (check time stamp) with a random hacker while waiting for the “helpful” community for 3 days in my tavern.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994307915/screenshot/522653334063615629?tab=public

Here is a screen of his stats and pet:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994307915/screenshot/522653334063613699?tab=public

Here is his name:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994307915/screenshot/522653334063614705?tab=public

This is the stuff people like me have to deal with every single time we play and when we ask for help we meet people like you Atra that do nothing but deter newer players to DD with your attitude.

Don't get me wrong, I know people are beating it as a team and legit. I just haven’t been able to find a team going on 3 days now.

Now, I ask for the 5th (?) time, can someone help me before I simply leave this game due to frustration?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

building, upgrading or repair mean nothing. those are core aspects of the game that you should be doing regardless just so you do not get kicked from a game.

you can build, upgrade or repair all you want but in the end you are still asking for someone to join your game and show you exactly what to do- short of afk leveling someone, that is about as good of an example of getting walked through something as you will find.

i have given you a strategy including a build and individual player assignments. the only thing left for me to do would be to show you the exact physical placement of towers in game and run you through it. what is the point in playing if you do not do anything yourself but copy others? the fun part of this game is learning the mechanics to develop your own build and then optimize.

building, upgrading or repair mean nothing. those are core aspects of the game that you should be doing regardless just so you do not get kicked from a game.

you can build, upgrade or repair all you want but in the end you are still asking for someone to join your game and show you exactly what to do- short of afk leveling someone, that is about as good of an example of getting walked through something as you will find.

i have given you a strategy including a build and individual player assignments. the only thing left for me to do would be to show you the exact physical placement of towers in game and run you through it.

Your words are nothing but negative assumptions.

As stated numerous times before, I know how to build/upgrade/repair for this map and I can also play matchmaker if you want to build/upgrade/repair as well.

You know, the amount of time you are being negative with me, we could of beaten the map already.

Still waiting for you to join my game.

don't hold your breath.

here are some detailed instruction on how to do that, i can make a video if you need one.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4496689_breathe.html

I ask for help and these are the kind of responses I get.

Funny how you would actually make a video on that instead of a helpful one about the game.

Thank you for proving my point even more.

Still waiting for people to join my server.

just because you used an inefficient strategy which takes a large amount of time and grinding, doesn't mean that everyone else will be doing the same thing.

aside from the initial lag / optimization issues, which were fixed 100% for me after patch, i have quite enjoyed this map.

the first run or two when i was just familiarizing myself with the map, i used a strat probably similar to yours. it took a long time, was not enjoyable or very effective.

but here is the part you are missing, and the basis of any challenge existing in this game:

after that first run or two, i improved my strat. and then i improved it again. now i can do this extremely fast on non-NM levels even by myself, with mediocre gear around 1000 in stats.

if you are just looking to beat the content using some piss poor strategy and complaining when it isn't easy, then you are not looking for a challenge. you are looking for a false sense of accomplishment.

it never ceases to amaze me that people on these forums whine about how they cannot beat the content, less than 24 hours after it is released. what is the point of new content if you beat it in one day? i cannot help but imagine these people giving up and crying every time something doesn't go their way in real life.

I like you. Lol. I completely agree! :-D

Still waiting for a group of players...

Guess it is easier to troll people who ask for help instead of actually helping them.

damn you're on to me... now everyone knows i hacked gear to have ~1000 in stats so i could beat a challenge on hard and "boast" about it online. :P

Is your goal to act like a giant douchebag or does it just come natural?

I ask for help and these are the kind of responses I get.

Funny how you would actually make a video on that instead of a helpful one about the game.

Thank you for proving my point even more.

Still waiting for people to join my server.

Don't be so negative. I've uploaded some screenshots to help you out. My gear isn't awesome by any means, but I can get to the boss solo (Hard difficulty).

First build phase (6 Fireball, 2 Lightning/Snare auras):
http://steamcommunity.com/id/cymmina/screenshot/469736040301693806/?tab=public

Fireballs relative to the crystal, they're in a fan formation just behind it:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/cymmina/screenshot/469736040301706827/?tab=public

MM placement for the boss (note the box of chocolates):
http://steamcommunity.com/id/cymmina/screenshot/469736040301700406?tab=public

Like I said, I can get to the boss no problem on my own. On my win, I used 6 fireball, 4 proxies (can be replaced with MMs), 2 snare/lightning/strength drain, and 6 MMs. If you use proxies, you need to babysit them because waves can get rather long.

The MMs on the bridge are angled just enough to hit incoming dudes during the normal waves *and* the boss when he arrives. I don't know that's enough to take down the boss, since I had help from a DPS ranger on the 10th wave.

Hey thanks Cymmina!

Those screens explain a lot. It is different than my layout.

My main problem is, the other team members are not helping repair and my towers are not powerful enough to keep all the mobs off the crystals. I need someone to hang back to watch over the towers because it is a hard job doing it solo.

Every team needs a matchmaker and a repairer...right?

This is the reason why I am here asking for players to join my server and help me.

Again, thanks for helping. I will try your layout. :)

I had no problem doing it myself (minus the boss), but it is easier with 2.

You can repair the auras from the top bridge and I never had any towers take more than a couple hits each wave. If you use Proxies, just go down and repair/upgrade as repair at regular intervals between matchmaking (1/2 way through on early waves, 1/3 and 2/3 of the way on later waves). You'll probably have to upgrade to a bare minimum of 3 chevrons (mine were 1 Star) to get enough charges to survive towards the end. I think I had my fireballs at 3 chevrons and the auras all at 2 chevrons.

Also, I've seen a few people mention using low damage weapons to get the dudes/chicks to follow you, but that isn't necessary. Goblins and Archers will tend to notice you quickly and pursue for quite a distance. If they don't, just body block them until you get their attention.

It amazes me that the people who beat this map in a "legit" way as they claim never have any screenshots or video to back them up. Sure they have screens of the "achievement" and pet, but never any real proof.

I have also invited people via PM to come show me their "easy win strat" while I host, yet not ONE person accepted.

This leads me to believe that:

1. People are using hacked gear to beat it...

or

2. People are simply lying.

Again I ask for help...Can one of you "uber" players who have it all figured out come in to my server and show me how to do it?

Everyone making it sound so easy and it simply is not. My tower stats are 1760+ attack and I have a huntress guardian with a 118 boost. I am always the strongest one out of the group and have yet to beat this horrible unfun map.

This is my 3rd day of trying.

@Trendy

Can I at least have my costumes?

http://imgur.com/JQ0Af

Reached wave 10 in just 30 minutes. Though this is at hard(I only wanted the queen of hearts costume). I am not gonna finish the game since I already did this last night. Just wanted to show its possible solo. I finished it in 50 minutes last night.

All you need to do is stand at where i am standing, and wait for them to come to you. No need to lure them at all! I just kill those annoying Ninjas while waiting for the boys and girls to come to me. I don't know why but the boys and girls kept coming to me if i stand at the middle or near the middle of the bridge. The elec tower will sometimes kill monsters at the bridge, so you can switch it to something else.

The gas traps at top and south will net you "Lucky" pairs, but not all the time.

my adept: 495/1k+/300+/500+
my initiate: 500/x/900/x
my trapper: 600/1.2k/300+/x

You don't really need too much damage for the trapper because the proximities are there to kill shamans.

You can use any guardians, I just chose the app guardian because it had a lot of tower attack bonus.

edit: You can just afk in that spot if you like. Check after a few seconds, I only move after i pair up a few to repair. And I also move when i want to pair up archers. Sometimes the boys/girls at top and bottom will come to me at the bridge. I don't know why this happens, but it works!

edit2: use a dps staff (I use a staff with 2k+ attack) >.> Only the lightning tower in that setup will hit the boss.

I used this build on 'hard':

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/cubicleninja/html5/dd/index.htm?layout=20252

Stats for all chars around the 600, mage around 1K/1.5K tower atk (but i don't think you need that much mage stats on hard)

The proxy traps are your main crowd control. That way the towers are more focused on ogres/wyvern (slow aura needs to be big enough to slow those too).

Take a genie on wave 1/2 and upgrade all traps to 3 star level.

Just run along the bridge and matches will come without too much issues. A fairy, high HP, good resists are recommended, a single shot weapon without splash is necessary.

I have no doubt this build could work on insane, using the remaining DU to beef up anti-ogre and anti-wyvern, but it's still a bad concept which I'm not going to repeat anytime soon.

I hate this DLC so much, it's simply just a terrible idea for an event DLC, even if its free, i don't give a damn, it's still terrible. I managed to solo on insane up to 14/17 on last wave just to get overwhelmed by ogres and wyverns that were breaking through my towers so easily when the score was 11/17... Not only that, if you happen to play in group, map gets alot harder than usual and i thought it should have been easier with the more people helping, really now are you trying to force players to play solo or in group??? because the results speak for themselves, group = much harder, much longer to finish, and the best of it: map isn't about getting loot so i don't get it why they used the same gameplay as from loot maps in a map where people should be having fun in. I smell trolling, yes i said trolling.

When i bought this game i was all happy and enjoying it, but these latest updates are just simply wrecking the fun for me, constant nerfing items and other stuff for what purpose? Fail attempts at balancing the game? I tell you what, game is getting less enjoyable as of late, and this eternia love dlc was a major kick in the b@lls for us players. I was hoping to see something fun, not something stressfull as hell and extremelly hard/annoying to keep up with.

After thinking carefully on this issue, now i see why lots of people are using hacked stuff to beat maps. These constant changes to the game that make it less enjoyable, are pretty much one of the reasons why people do this stuff, and what does Trendy do about it? Let's nerf some more and piss off legit players because it's all about stopping the hackers now, by releasing stupid gameplay content into what was once a great game.

I just joined the forums to say this, i know people will support me or simply just flame at me for being wrong to their eyes... and i tell you one thing, i don't give a damn what you guys will say after reading this. So save me the contradictory posts, yes?

Ok, thanks for reading, bye.

~zeus

Used the portal gun to beat it on easy with a group of blokes before v17....c? I believe. Set orange portal one area, use blue to capture mobs and with a bit of aggroing by other people it goes a weee bit faster. Downside is you can't DPS for crap during the boss wave. Could be even easier after all the patching.