Hmm, performance improved a bit for me. Nothing major but a little better.

The extra DU definitely allows for a bit more variety in tower setups.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can easily solo this map~~

using 6 explosive traps and 6 harpoons on hard mode.. Or even 6 explosives and 6 magic missiles either way.

for insane you'll need a bit more of the same type stuff. but it isn't hard to solo it. Just don't use DPS towers to kill the mobs. you cannot afford to run around repairing stuff and join mobs together. except of course your AA. Harpoons are best, MM's will do for up to Insane.

Do you use hybrid characters or the tower characters to solo?

Positive

Well I agree this free map was a little long, but I was still excited for it. My wife and I did it on hard on our first try, failed insane with another couple, then eeked insane with just the two of us again. We did a pretty standard apprentice tower defense with some slowing auras around the towers and then we would run along the top bridge to make matches. Good communication and persistence brought a lot of matches together. When our towers got hurt, one of us would run down and repair and usually take out ogres. I switched to my huntress for the last wave/boss while my wife stayed on her apprentice. The matches came sooo slow when there was only 1 of us on the bridge, but we pulled it out. We won't run it much despite enjoying the rewards because of how long it took, but it is doable. Just get a good buddy start making matches.

BTW we did it before they increased the DU to 90... but I'm glad they did increase it. Maybe in a few months we will do it on NM :)

Good job devs. Even though it was a little tedious, I appreciated the new content. There are pretty casual people out there who tackled it successfully. :)

I wouldn't say Good Job Devs for this "DLC", thanks for the Free frustration maybe, well free for now, I feel sorry for people who buy this later thinking it might be fun.

This map honestly has made me not want to play DD at all as of late, every time I start it up I want to do this map and unlock the new costumes but all I end up doing is wasting hours of my day for nothing at all.

More DU is welcome, but it doesn't change the fact that matching is a pain in the ***, give them more health, more movement speed or something, the way this is, just isn't very fun.

Tested, Verified, Foolproof Strategy

I have tested this strategy with from 1 to 4 players on hard difficulty. Having reached wave 9 twice on NM using another strategy right after the DLC came out, I am confident this can work for NM with 3 or 4 people. I will be testing it on NM later today.

Until I can verify its effectiveness on NM, it is still a great, simple strategy anyone can use to get this achievement on hard. Solo, waves take me a few minutes tops.

Layout Description:

Enrage, Strength Drain and Ensnare auras at northwest fountain.

Remaining 76 DU used to place MM and FB towers around crystals, along with an ensnare over each crystal. Specifics are not important. I have used various random arrangements, just make sure you have roughly 75% towers in front of crystal, 25% behind (on middle bridge- these are also the only ones that will hit boss)

The auras in NW must be upgraded and repaired as they will go down if left unattended (I have <1k tower hp on my monk)

How to Win:

Get a huntress, a fairy, and a portal gun. The male mobs from the west spawn will naturally filter into the auras in the NW. Place your permanent portal exit mid air inside these auras at the point nearest the male spawn. You run around (primarily at SE spawn) using the portal entrance (opening it only briefly each time) to pick up females.

If you have 2 people, the 2nd one is dps who repairs / upgrades, kills non-gender mobs.

With 3, the 3rd goes portal huntress.

With 4, you can either use another portal huntress or another dps class so that one dps'er permanently stays at crystals and other repairs / clears non-genders

That's it.

It still might be difficult for true low gear players (ie: 500 stats), but for all the people claiming they run misty survival but can't beat this map, it should be foolproof. I haven't tried to do it as fast as possible yet, but I think it could definitely be done in 15 minutes solo with good stats.

My morning rant........ :-)

Ha ha ha ha. I just read through all of the posts on here, and have to say, there are some whiny people out here on these forums. Do you know what I play video games for? A challenge. Do you know what this map did for me? Challenged me. Logically, seems like I love the map. You know one of my favorite achievements to get? "A Monument To All Your Sins" in Halo Reach. Why? Because soloing legendary alone took me almost a month for a 10 mission campaign, I died over and over again, had to learn new strategies, and utilize every aspect of the game offered. But back to DunDef. The people here at Trendy made a phenomenal game from the start. VERY rarely does an Indie game make it past 1,000,000 downloads. (Though I doubt anybody will ever pass Castle Crashers in awesomeness and total downloads, lol) And for them to continuously give out FREE content that challenges you? How much more can you possibly ask you spoiled rotten little........ Sorry, went off again.... So all of you complainers, saying that this is just a hassle, or not fun, or maybe even an eyesore because of the graphics (what? Are you serious?) you are obviously not a "gamer". Because proper gamers understand quality work.

Also, if you have trouble with the frame rate in this map, then your computer is sad. My question for those people is "WHY THE HECK ARE YOU PLAYING COMPUTER GAMES IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOUR COMPUTER IS SLOW!?" Go to console. (though I own the console version of this game, and had to switch to PC version when I found out that no DLC will be released for it. Other than the QFTLES......) If you can't afford a faster PC, get another job. If your too young to get a job, mow lawns. If you come up with an excuse for mowing lawns, then your probably one heck of a lazy......... Again, sorry.......

Hey Trendy, thank you. From an x pro gamer to you, I thank you from the bottom of my bleeding heart for all of the hard work you have been putting into this wonderfully crafted and fun to play game. Granted I wish that a few things were different, like the fact that I wasn't charged for BOTH the full Eternia Shards pre order DLC, and the Misty DLC at the same time (waste of money seeing as the pre order DLC comes with Misty anyways..) and also that more DLC was available on Xbox......... But overall, I love you guys. You have filled my days with joy......

p.s. for those of you that will ask what I played professionally, it was Halo 3. I r kan b beest @ HAylo thrie.....

Also, if you have trouble with the frame rate in this map, then your computer is sad.

No, it's just poorly optimized.

heck, my laptop runs Crysis even smoother then the Sky o Love challenge.

Ha ha ha ha. I just read through all of the posts on here, and have to say, there are some whiny people out here on these forums. Do you know what I play video games for? A challenge. Do you know what this map did for me? Challenged me. Logically, seems like I love the map. You know one of my favorite achievements to get? "A Monument To All Your Sins" in Halo Reach. Why? Because soloing legendary alone took me almost a month for a 10 mission campaign, I died over and over again, had to learn new strategies, and utilize every aspect of the game offered.

dude, whats challenging about doing the same crazy stuff for more than an hour? Thats not even remotely hard, just anti-fun. I love hard games too, Max Payne on the hardest settings etc where it took me 50 tries to kill some guys, but not this, this is just pure anti-fun

Yes, in NM we lost at the last wave twice because of some random wywerns and terrible tower AI shooting somewhere else. Everything up to that is pure grindfest requiring only insane amounts time and your patience aggroing them together.

So in a sense your challenging yourself to complete it? Lol. Sorry, had to. :-D Yes, they could have lowered the amount of matches you have to make per round, which probably would have made me like it more. Yes, the level could have been more definitive in the whole knowing where the f you are at and what level you are on aspect. But whatever. Nobody is perfect. But then again, who needs aggro when you have a portal gun? ;-)

just because you used an inefficient strategy which takes a large amount of time and grinding, doesn't mean that everyone else will be doing the same thing.

aside from the initial lag / optimization issues, which were fixed 100% for me after patch, i have quite enjoyed this map.

the first run or two when i was just familiarizing myself with the map, i used a strat probably similar to yours. it took a long time, was not enjoyable or very effective.

but here is the part you are missing, and the basis of any challenge existing in this game:

after that first run or two, i improved my strat. and then i improved it again. now i can do this extremely fast on non-NM levels even by myself, with mediocre gear around 1000 in stats.

if you are just looking to beat the content using some piss poor strategy and complaining when it isn't easy, then you are not looking for a challenge. you are looking for a false sense of accomplishment.

it never ceases to amaze me that people on these forums whine about how they cannot beat the content, less than 24 hours after it is released. what is the point of new content if you beat it in one day? i cannot help but imagine these people giving up and crying every time something doesn't go their way in real life.

just because you used an inefficient strategy which takes a large amount of time and grinding, doesn't mean that everyone else will be doing the same thing.

aside from the initial lag / optimization issues, which were fixed 100% for me after patch, i have quite enjoyed this map.

the first run or two when i was just familiarizing myself with the map, i used a strat probably similar to yours. it took a long time, was not enjoyable or very effective.

but here is the part you are missing, and the basis of any challenge existing in this game:

after that first run or two, i improved my strat. and then i improved it again. now i can do this extremely fast on non-NM levels even by myself, with mediocre gear around 1000 in stats.

if you are just looking to beat the content using some piss poor strategy and complaining when it isn't easy, then you are not looking for a challenge. you are looking for a false sense of accomplishment.

I would like to see a video of you using your strategy in this map.

i have posted a detailed description of the strat on the previous page or two. try it for yourself and see how it goes

i have posted a detailed description of the strat on the previous page or two. try it for yourself and see how it goes

You are the one boasting. So I challenge you to make a video doing such a good job at this map. You like challenges don't you?

cool. again, go try it for yourself. i'm not here to prove anything to some guy on the internet. proof is irrelevant to a challenge when someone doesn't care what you think. :)

hope my strategy helps you.

now i can do this extremely fast on non-NM levels even by myself, with mediocre gear around 1000 in stats.

I hate to break it to you, but there's nothing mediocre about having 1000 in any stat.

it never ceases to amaze me that people on these forums whine about how they cannot beat the content, less than 24 hours after it is released. what is the point of new content if you beat it in one day? i cannot help but imagine these people giving up and crying every time something doesn't go their way in real life.

It amazes me that the people who beat this map in a "legit" way as they claim never have any screenshots or video to back them up. Sure they have screens of the "achievement" and pet, but never any real proof.

I have also invited people via PM to come show me their "easy win strat" while I host, yet not ONE person accepted.

This leads me to believe that:

1. People are using hacked gear to beat it...

or

2. People are simply lying.

Again I ask for help...Can one of you "uber" players who have it all figured out come in to my server and show me how to do it?

Everyone making it sound so easy and it simply is not. My tower stats are 1760+ attack and I have a huntress guardian with a 118 boost. I am always the strongest one out of the group and have yet to beat this horrible unfun map.

This is my 3rd day of trying.

@Trendy

Can I at least have my costumes?

damn you're on to me... now everyone knows i hacked gear to have ~1000 in stats so i could beat a challenge on hard and "boast" about it online. :P

anyway, we tested the build on nightmare earlier with some variation in the design of the trap, but still the same basic concept of builder, dps and 2 portalers. lost to the boss when he was at ~50% health each time (tried it twice). to give you a time frame, it took us a bit over an hour from start to wipe both times.

first run was extremely quick and easy until end of wave 9 when mobs starting getting extremely powerful. made some adjustments and our 2nd run went quick and smooth until end of wave 10, which took a while b.c we seemed to have no luck with female spawns, but we managed.

boss is a pain. more details once we beat him.

screen shot at end of wave 10:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/infiniteatra/screenshot/522653334061715867

to the above poster, this is actually one of trendy's best challenges, in the purest sense of the word, yet. hackers cannot hack through it instantly like everything else that just requires you to kill things, and having top notch gear wont guarantee you a win either. if you run this with people who are not good, it will be blatantly obvious that they lack skill (which in the case of a video game means basic hand eye coordination and some critical reasoning ability).

the reason i say many aspects of the challenge are now easy is because we figured out the best way to do it, and did it several times. learning how to do it was not easy. we didn't just load the map up on day 1, slap down and build and make it to the boss with no effort.

as i said before, i posted a solid description of my strategy. i am not going to build it for you or carry you through it. applying the basic strategy to this map using the same tower defense concepts you would in any other map should be more than enough to get you going.

damn you're on to me... now everyone knows i hacked gear to have ~1000 in stats so i could beat a challenge on hard and "boast" about it online. :P

Let me join you guys then. I will build, upgrade and repair.

Photos of your tower placement would be great too.

Sorry to call everyone out but I haven't been successful with this map and I have beaten every map SOLO (minus survival mind you). This is why I am having a hard time believing people with lower gear have figured out the "secret" while I am still getting my tush handed to me.

I am just frustrated and need help.

3 days to unlock costumes is just too much. NOT feeling the love. :(

honestly.
there should be more maps like this, not the 'type' of map, but with the general idea.

that it takes a well thought out defense and strategy with proper coordination to beat. that even if you have the best tower stats, you still can't win without a proper strategy.

i noe, my friend has 2500+ tower stats, and he failed.
but i have around 1500 and i could beat it on insane.

so it's not a map where better stats are so important. you actually need a crummier weapon to lure mobs at some point, or you can just whack and kill everything till they randomly meet. which they will...... eventually....... once we got 3 mobs instantly while setting up the game, then nothing for an hour. so..... it's really a bit luck on this map, if you are fortunate to have the perfect spawn at the perfect time you can finish it real easy, real fast.

but beyond that, nightmare i don't think is soloable, insane, doable.
nightmare took 4 of us to beat, and we had to coordinate well and still took like 2 hours.

people aren't sharing their 'easy' method of beating it, cuz there really is no 'easy' method. there are 'good' methods, but all take effort and precision, a slip up could cost you hours of work. so it really is an achievement that is difficult .

btw. y is the trophy on the floor? lol not even on a counter. just like, plop on the floor.

Blah blah blah is all I hear and silly screenshots (from some) that don't prove anything...

I have a server up right now called...

"Help Grundy! Sky O Love!"

So far, nobody has joined to help...again...

well put burnforever.

grundy, one of the first things we learned about this challenge and as i said in my above post, is it abundantly clear when someone is not pulling their weight, which is why people are unlikely to take a stranger along. i highly doubt this can be done on nightmare without 4 people (maybe 3 once a strategy is perfected); every person counts and is critical to being successful. saying you will upgrade and repair simply doesn't mean what it does in other maps that do not require much skill beyond creating a build and repairing it.

to repeat myself from before, i am not here to prove anything to you, just trying to be helpful. unfortunately people are easily angered when they see others do something they have failed at. if my screenshot is not good enough for you, that is your problem, not mine.

edit:

since i am feeling generous, here is the build for hard. if you have the stats you say, towers around the crystal wont matter much as you should be easily able to handle the mobs. just slap down a bunch of MM and FB towers with an ensnare.

mob trap in the NW is just an enrage, strength drain and ensnare aura.

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=20212

if you take your time and break between waves, you can still do this in under an hour easy with 4 semi-competent people. keep in mind, on NM your tower build and placement IS extremely important. i will not be giving away our specifics or various configurations for NM.

enjoy.

to repeat myself from before, i am not here to prove anything to you, just trying to be helpful. unfortunately people are easily angered when they see others do something they have failed at. if my screenshot is not good enough for you, that is your problem, not mine.

You are not being helpful and I am not asking you to prove anything.

I am asking for help and the community is refusing because they CANNOT help without hacked gear and/or can't do it like they said they can legit.

My game still open and nothing but hackers have joined so far. I have screenshots I will put up in a bit. Hopefully after I beat this map LEGIT.

see the edit in my post with build link. and to be clear, you are not asking for help, you are asking for someone to walk you through this so you do not have to do it on your own. there is a difference.

accusing the people you are trying to get this information from of being hackers does not exactly encourage anyone to divulge such information.