Sign in to follow this  
Special Sauce

Have a shop for items we can pay for with real currency.

Most free and some paid MMO games incorporate this into their game because just like this game; their games require way too much time to play to get anywhere.

You have incorporated this system on your Android. I haven't played it on my Android for a long while but I remember that you could buy stuff for real money at the tavern vendor.

I reckon you should have something like this on the other versions too (PC/Consoles).

You mean a Cash Shop? I think thats a horrible idea.
The android system probably only has it because In-App-Purchases are very easy to make on apps. And are a good way to make a little more moolah

I think it's a pretty nice thought.
Take a look at TF2 I've actually bought the game years ago..
Now they made it F2P BUT made a shop where you can buy a lot of cool items for not that much of money.
(not all items such as high end weapons/hats)
But now people don't pay for the game, so more play it.
More people playing means more people buying from the store = profit.

So you might even make the game F2P by only inserting a GOOD cash shop

Diablo3 has implemented a cash AH...and its why just about everyone I know who was looking forward to diablo 3 are now refusing to buy it when it comes out...cash AH is just $50 a month hidden service fee. No thanks. Free games with cash micro transactions almost always end up costing more money than the ones that actually charge a monthly fee. No thanks.

Most free and some paid MMO games incorporate this into their game because just like this game; their games require way too much time to play to get anywhere.

DD isn't an MMO and the F2P MMO concept is very different. F2P MMOs have cash shops with often exclusive items that are needed everywhere in the game. Imagine doing that with DD, most players wouldn't agree with the pay to win concept.

I only know of a few P2P MMOs with cash shops, and while they only sell cosmetic items not everybody is happy with it.

Take a look at TF2 I've actually bought the game years ago..
Now they made it F2P BUT made a shop where you can buy a lot of cool items for not that much of money.
(not all items such as high end weapons/hats)
But now people don't pay for the game, so more play it.
More people playing means more people buying from the store = profit.

So you might even make the game F2P by only inserting a GOOD cash shop

It seems to work for TF2 because everything is integrated with Steam. TF2 items can be used as a currency or shown off to friends. Trendy has a full DLC plan, I think they will have more success with it than by turning DD into a hat simulator.

Beside that the OP asked for items that help the player, not cosmetic items.

It really just depends on what they sell in the cash shop. For example, if they sell a stone that automatically raises the level of a piece of gear once, or a couple of times... w/e. The main thing is that you don't want someone with little experience buying end-game gear.

But honestly, if they didn't sell end-game gear, and they didn't sell anything that is worth a fortune in-game, what would there be to sell? If they incorporated a cash shop, game over. 80% of players would quit. Bye bye to the best tower-defense game in history. Ruined. Destroyed. Unfixable.

But honestly, if they didn't sell end-game gear, and they didn't sell anything that is worth a fortune in-game, what would there be to sell? If they incorporated a cash shop, game over. 80% of players would quit. Bye bye to the best tower-defense game in history. Ruined. Destroyed. Unfixable.

This. It's why no one actually plays TF2 any more.

cash shop wont help without central servers players will be able to create their own better items

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk

I really hope if this ever happens it will be limited to purely cosmetic costumes/alternate skins for pet you have. No items, no costumes with ability like the ranger one with jetpack, no pets with stat on them.

as the unbalacing of the game continues, more and more people will be relying on paypal shops to get gear that is good enough to prevent instant-kicks from 99% of all games, so they might as well make it legal as it's not going away when people see it as the only valid option..

that is, the 1000 or so players that will be left at the end of the week..

The point of the game is to play it. You have to play to level up and get better gear. Adding a shop where people with "more money than brains" buy everything just ruins it. I wouldn't want a level 74 character with amazing gear and only-available-if-you-pay-extra items to join my game and not even know how to play.

Actually, steps should be taken in the opposite direction. There are players with items in their AFK shop that they won't take mana for; only real money. I don't even see how this is allowed. Most companies are enraged to see other people making money off their products.