PC Ranked - It's too late to fix it - Sorry Trendy Entertainment

There's no point in banning hackers. As soon as they're banned, they make a new email, make a new steam account, and buy the game all over again because the profit they made from selling hacked items for real money is more than buying the game.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no point in banning hackers. As soon as they're banned, they make a new email, make a new steam account, and buy the game all over again because the profit they made from selling hacked items for real money is more than buying the game.

Since many of them are from certain countries, they should just start banning whole blocks of IP addresses from those locations (*cough*China*cough)..

cant go over 2b unless they completely re-code the entire game

Actually, there is an easy workaround.

Remove the 200m soft cap, and add a tab to the shopkeeper that allows you to buy 200m/500m/1b tickets that are redeemable for mana in a 1:1 cost/value ratio.

No more hours of upgrading items to 200m, no more awkward upgrading between waves to keep getting mana, and no more depending on setting up AFK shops to actually be able to buy items from other players.

I don't understand how this game is ruined for Ranked.

If you play with friends in private games, stay away from shady people in public games, and don't buy your armor from AFK shops then you'll be alienated from any 'hacking' that's going on.

what did u expected? if they made maps impossible people will find a way to go trhu them, too bad they had to use a hack, but since trendy is extremely dumb to properly baalnce the game hacks are taking over!

i think they deserve it, may the hackers take all the game to the ground and burn it, so trendy might learn something.

Hopefully they have learned the proper lessons for DD2. I agree with the fact DD1 is currently doomed. Hackers, hacked items, paypal shops seem unstoppable. It basically just play with your friends and never buy from any shop and never play in public games and dont bother in pvp because of hacks and dont bother selling in afk mode cause that is broken (http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?45521-WARNING-to-AFK-shops-...-ppl-buy-147m-item-u-get-only-the-mana-to-2b). You have to isolate yourself to guarantee you are not affected by hackers. Sadface.

I don't understand how this game is ruined for Ranked.

If you play with friends in private games, stay away from shady people in public games, and don't buy your armor from AFK shops then you'll be alienated from any 'hacking' that's going on.

Not everyone only plays with a steady group of friends. I shouldn't have to cut out a big chunk of the game and play solo just because friends don't happen to be on.

And that's exactly what has been happening. The temptation of easy mana and incredible armor is enough to bring in customers. The game is so cheap to begin with, so the loss of being banned on a sock account is very minimal. There's the potential of huge reward versus minimal risk.

Not everyone only plays with a steady group of friends. I shouldn't have to cut out a big chunk of the game and play solo just because friends don't happen to be on.

How many friends or how much time you have is not Trendy's problem. In-fact, they've done most of the leg work for you in order to find other legitamate players relatively quickly.

A) You have this forum. (Which you are on.)
B) You have an active IRC channel. (See stickie)
C) You can venture over to co-optimus (google it) and join their steam group and make friends.

Stop making excuses, the time spent writing your response could have been used to login to the IRC channel and meet some new people.

This is not true.

All maps are possible with correct planning and good game play. The benefit of having "hacked" stats is only marginal. Having over 1k stats is about 70% efficiency as maxed stats (2700), having over 2k is about 90% efficiency. This means you don't and should never need to buy hacked items. Lastly, everyone in the community should do their best to report every hacker they see. When you are blaming trendy, you could be taking screen shots and writing reports.

Agreed, this is a simple way to mitigate hacked items, just have things scale like Trendy does already. Maybe i just don't see it but i never see an item i'd consider hacked in the afk stores i look at sometimes. Most of the time i look i just get annoyed and decide to go back and farm the items myself because i can find better in game.

Plus what fun would it be to play with hacked gear? To me that is just like putting in a invincibility code on a console game and running to the end boss. Why even play if not for the challenge? By complaining about hacked gear arn't you essentially saying "I will participate in cheating and make the game not a challenge to me, Trendy please fix it i can't stop myself?"

How many friends or how much time you have is not Trendy's problem. In-fact, they've done most of the leg work for you in order to find other legitamate players relatively quickly.

A) You have this forum. (Which you are on.)
B) You have an active IRC channel. (See stickie)
C) You can venture over to co-optimus (google it) and join their steam group and make friends.

A) The trading and grouping section needs to be separated into 2 things, because at the moment it's just a trading hub.
B) Probably the only decent choice if it's populated with end-game players.
C) Co-optimus is stretched too thin and is relatively unknown. Many steam groups/clans (even some popular ones on these boards) have leaders or members with illegitimate gear.

The game is made in such a way that joining other players in progress is encouraged, much like Diablo 2, or Phantasy Star Online were. However, with the way hacking is, almost all of the potential legit players (many of which do not join any particular steam group) play in private games.

Agreed, this is a simple way to mitigate hacked items, just have things scale like Trendy does already. Maybe i just don't see it but i never see an item i'd consider hacked in the afk stores i look at sometimes. Most of the time i look i just get annoyed and decide to go back and farm the items myself because i can find better in game.

I went through the AFK stores last night looking for some much needed boots for my apprentice. After about 30 minutes I gave up and went to farming Spires again. Everything on sale was either complete crap (do people even consider if THEY would wear it before trying to sell it to others), WAY overpriced (50mil for a Armor^80 with 3 negatives... uh no), handful of stores weren't even sorted, just a cluster of "send to shop" clicks, etc... It was really disheartening to see.

To save myself the pain of connecting and disconnecting I opened up the online store. I couldn't even shop in that because everything screamed hacked. Best example was a guy selling 38 boots that had IDENTICAL stats, all 38, to to the number... Probably could have found something but I wasn't about to spend all night looking trying to find something legit and inline with my current progression. The site was running really slow too, took over 30 seconds to just switch pages.

Plus what fun would it be to play with hacked gear? To me that is just like putting in a invincibility code on a console game and running to the end boss. Why even play if not for the challenge? By complaining about hacked gear arn't you essentially saying "I will participate in cheating and make the game not a challenge to me, Trendy please fix it i can't stop myself?"

Agree x 10. I have a friend (doesn't play this game) but any game he picks up he goes straight to the net for cheat codes and trainers then plays. Every time I question him on it he says "I don't want to deal with all crap, I just want to see the story" ... soooo go watch a movie? I really don't understand the mindset of playing games with hacked/cheats/trainers/etc. The challenge of games is what drives me, but I guess everybody has their own way of playing.

The only real harm hackers are doing is wrecking the game for themselves, and destroying the shops. Both of which don't impede me playing so doesn't really bother me.

Remove shops entirely? Bring mana-cap up to 2 billion from doing levels? Seems like the easiest way to fix the problem and keep it away imo.

Ranked play + client side chars/items = absolute disaster

Not sure why they couldn't see this from the beginning. Hacks are always bound to happen in every game.

The OP is right, ranked play is beyond fixable at this point.

Just wipe it all, WoT had a wipe after beta, lots of people still play it.

DunDef isn't in beta. Wipe = lose many players = lose much profit.

What's the point of hacking in ranked when you can cheat in the holy land of Open?

Leave the poor rankers alone, hackers. Come to Open where we can all cheat together and in teams.

What's the point of hacking in ranked when you can cheat in the holy land of Open?

Leave the poor rankers alone, hackers. Come to Open where we can all cheat together and in teams.

Good question. It's all about "look at me, i'm awesome and have better gear then you"

So funny seeing people with 150-200hours of DD and running around with perfect sets with all tower-stats over 2000.

Like A game I played yesterday. We we're playing No Towers Allowed on nightmare and a 63 apprentice joined the game. We asked if he had any 74, and he responded:
"Dude wtf, look at my wep, think i'll manage.."

The damage was was like 70000 on some random crappy staff.

Good question. It's all about "look at me, i'm awesome and have better gear then you"

So funny seeing people with 150-200hours of DD and running around with perfect sets with all tower-stats over 2000.

Like A game I played yesterday. We we're playing No Towers Allowed on nightmare and a 63 apprentice joined the game. We asked if he had any 74, and he responded:
"Dude wtf, look at my wep, think i'll manage.."

The damage was was like 70000 on some random crappy staff.

Only 70000? My EMD Cannon does 428000.

Saying the only way to play this game is with hacks is just wrong... I have far from perfect items. Yet me and my friends have beaten NM MM survival multiple times. Sure we have to be diligent at all time, sure we can't afk. But isn't that the point? Playing the HARDEST mode on the HARDEST map should be challenging or I'd feel the game has failed. Even though trendy isn't perfect about their game management and balancing but I do believe they did a pretty good job. If you are jealous about people cake walking through hard missions with hacks, you shouldn't be. They are ruining the game for themselves. Don't envy them, feel bad for them. If that is not enough, you can and please do, report them. From personal experience, mods do respond.

DunDef isn't in beta. Wipe = lose many players = lose much profit.

That's the point with the whole "You guys ****ed up the game beyond repair".

BUT Let's not hate too much on Trendy - they are indie developers who had NO idea that this game would have that many players. This game was not built for this kind of spotlight.

The only option I see is migrating all data server-side. Although this will probably be a huge load on Trendy, and may not even be possible with their resources, there is literally no other way to combat hacking. Hacking in DD is so easy that any 11 year old with internet access can do it. It's not even like hacking is a complicated procedure - I won't say the name of the program people use to do it since that's probably not allowed, but the program they do use can be downloaded straight off the internet. Trendy needs to go server-side, or the hacking will only get worse, as regular non-hacking players are forced into hacking just to be able to compete with the majority of players.

There are hackers in every game. Even when game data is kept on a server, people still find a way to hack and cheat.

It is pointless to expect and demand that they eradicate all hackers, because it is simply not possible. They can punish people as they come across them and/or they get reported, but Trendy does not and will not in the near future have the manpower to completely or even mostly stop cheating. That doesn't mean the situation can't be improved, but only that completely "fixing" ranked is an insurmountable task. It wouldn't have mattered if they were tougher from the beginning or toughened up now.

With how easy this game is to exploit a wipe would accomplish nothing. All you do is collect 4 armor pieces of the same type, regardless of stats and quality, and you can churn out gear comparable to wave 25+ from Misty in a matter of seconds. Same for weapons. You can get a 1/1 small Katana and make it a 1/254 with long reach in literally 10 seconds.

There are hackers in every game. Even when game data is kept on a server, people still find a way to hack and cheat.

My problem with this is that at the moment every kid who knows how to use google can figure out how to modify items and other things. If they would secure the game only people with a good understanding of encryption and packets would be able to create hacks (just like in any game). Getting rid of 99.8% of the "hackers" is a good start if you ask me.