Might as well delete your Huntress after 7.16c!

[c3;337510']50 to 70 % of 1.8 million is still well over 400k, which is still 4 times what many mobs will have in nightmare mode.

no matter how you look at it, this is still coming down to the OP being mad because his weapon now does what is considered normal for damn near every other weapon. as a matter of fact, with what he posted in his original post, hes still making out like a bandit, because his DPS is still almost equal with 13k weapon damage to that of a weapon with 20k weapon damage.

so, rage more because you aren't playing god mode anymore i say.

You have no clue what you're talking about, and frankly, this thread isn't for people who are still doing insane/early Nightmare campaign (which you clearly are, if you think that I "1-2 shot ogres"). You clearly didn't read anything past the first post, or even see the real point of the first post.

Post-7.16c, my huntress with 2,300 hero damage and 1,100 pierce does 292k dps on the Nightmare dummy (lol). That's not acceptable DPS for Misty post-wave 18 with their state of survivability.

Because some of you are still too stupid to figure this out: this thread is about issues with the Huntress class. If you actually read any of the thread, or have a brain to draw that conclusion from the first post, you wouldn't be making retarded posts like that guy. If you disagree, you disagree, but frankly my numbers and suggestions are pretty hard to argue with.

Really, a mod should close this thread. Trendy already addressed it accordingly, and now it's mostly idiots or trolls just grumbling.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something for you visual learners. Although you can't attack for a brief period after Hawk Stance, you can still move.

Both chars are max res 84%/68%/68%/68% in NM. Armor upgraded appropriately. Both using 2.3k+ Hero Damage Sets, and above have 1,100 in Ability 2 (Piercing Shot, Hawk Stance).

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001150501/screenshot/488875698022040506

(8.4 Mil using Hawk), 237k HP in Nightmare, can Siphon back to full hp.

vs

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001150501/screenshot/488875698022037075

(1.9 Mil using Piercing Shot), 30k HP In Nightmare, 2-shot by DEW after wave 18.

1.9 with Pierce is more dps than an 8.4 Hawk, just saying.

Explain this to me exactly. The delay isn't 4 seconds, so no it isn't. Not to mention my Barbarian autoattack combo goes from 1.8m on the low end to 2.75m on the high end. You could ignore Hawk altogether and still average considerably more. That's already equal to/significantly more than the Huntress, and you can maintain Siphon to disregard the damage.

Piercing Shot also has a 3 second cooldown. You're also assuming that all 4 shots hit the target, which sometimes isn't possible. With a disk thrower you can hit both, but it's less damage.

I don't really see the argument that it hits more mobs being viable either, as the Barb attacks will hit in their frontal cone for multiple targets as well.

If I am wrong, please explain and tell me, but I really don't think I am here.

Guess it's also worth mentioning the Barbarian has eight (8) times the amount of health the Hunt does in NM.

Is it worth mentioning that a huntress can make many kinds of traps to support builds also, and the barbarian cant do anything of the sort? Why, when I look at it that way it only makes sense the barb should be stronger.

Explain this to me exactly. The delay isn't 4 seconds, so no it isn't. Not to mention my Barbarian autoattack combo goes from 1.8m on the low end to 2.75m on the high end. You could ignore Hawk altogether and still average considerably more. That's already equal to/significantly more than the Huntress, and you can maintain Siphon to disregard the damage.

Piercing Shot also has a 3 second cooldown. You're also assuming that all 4 shots hit the target, which sometimes isn't possible. With a disk thrower you can hit both, but it's less damage.

I don't really see the argument that it hits more mobs being viable either, as the Barb attacks will hit in their frontal cone for multiple targets as well.

If I am wrong, please explain and tell me, but I really don't think I am here.

Guess it's also worth mentioning the Barbarian has eight (8) times the amount of health the Hunt does in NM.

Hawk Strike has a 4 second delay, can't auto attack for one of those seconds, it's pure burst damage in a small cone.

Kinda obvious.

Is it worth mentioning that a huntress can make many kinds of traps to support builds also, and the barbarian cant do anything of the sort? Why, when I look at it that way it only makes sense the barb should be stronger.
This guy has some common sense, But still huntess is up to the rear with Nerfs (Of which are exchanged with something that destroys it(Lolololololoololol traps)) I mean really i main a count but seeing 2.4m dps to 1.8m is just sad.

Hawk Strike has a 4 second delay, can't auto attack for one of those seconds, it's pure burst damage in a small cone.

Kinda obvious that your math is wrong and you need to think before you type instead of arguing for the sake of arguing, cuz it's getting kind of ridiculous. I'll show you the math for the damage in a 20 second period window. To give you the benefit of the doubt, I'll take the average damage of the Barbarian combo rather than the high or low (2,275,000). Let me break this down for you:

In a 20 second window, you can hit 4 Hawk Stances. Taking the average damage from the auto combo, you can figure that 6,125,000 is the DPS added by each Hawk Stance. We subtract 4 seconds of autoattacking from the 20 seconds due to the hawk delay.

Barbarian
2,275,000 (dps) x 16 s = 36,400,000 Damage
6,125,000 (dps) x 4 Hawks = 24,500,000 Damage

60,900,000 Total Damage Over 20 Seconds

Huntress
1,510,000 (dps) x 20 s = 30,200,000 Damage
380,000 (dps) x 6 Piercing Shots = 2,280,000 Damage

32,480,000 Total Damage Over 20 Seconds

You are seriously way off, stop trying knox. It's getting pathetic.

You did 1.8m dps in 7.15 and were perfectly viable, what's the problem?

The Nightmare in 7.15 and the Nightmare now are different. And it still wasn't balanced then.

Huntress
1,500,000 (dps) x 20 attacks = 30,200,000 Damage
380,000 (dps) x 6 Piercing Shots = 2,280,000 Damage

32,480,000 Total Damage Over 20 Seconds
Huntress's DPS is in mobs while barbarian needs to be in the MIDDLE for a good mob attack but even then AA isnt fast enough for mobs till you get 2 back stabbers from AMP 3 making you go crazy fast with tornado but again tornado reduces damage ALOT

Huntress's DPS is in mobs while barbarian needs to be in the MIDDLE for a good mob attack but even then AA isnt fast enough for mobs till you get 2 back stabbers from AMP 3 making you go crazy fast with tornado but again tornado reduces damage ALOT

"In mobs" - not even sure what you mean by this, or how any of this is even important whatsoever.

Yes, I'm aware that Barbarians are melee range restricted.

You can clearly autoattack ogres behind walls without issue, Hawk Stance directly behind the ogre, and can Siphon the damage you do take. DEWs you can go toe to toe with until the end with Siphon.

If you're really finding you need to Tornado, I don't know what to tell you.

barbarian can stun, barbarian and drain hp, barbarian can increase resistance to drastically improve their survival. Also, you 4got to include leap & pound dps. My barbarian is purely focus on spamming leap & pound, and turtle \w heal or hawk for ogre. If someone is already tanking, I use tornado & stun or spam hawk stance.

As for running away, I just use leap & pound towards a spider from a distance, and it's dead.

"In mobs" - not even sure what you mean by this, or how any of this is even important whatsoever.

Yes, I'm away the Barbarian requires melee range, but that's nowhere near an excuse for nearly double the damage in a 20 second period while maintaining significantly better health and survivability.

You can clearly autoattack ogres behind walls without issue, Hawk Stance directly behind the ogre, and can Siphon the damage you do take. DEWs you can go toe to toe with until the end with Siphon.

If you're really finding you need to Tornado, I don't know what to tell you.
in mobs as in multiple monsters in one area (Like a corridor filled with - Lets say - orcs piercing shots are amazing) Although i should of said hordes...

As for the 2nd paragraph: Barbarians have no towers so in single player/a game without a builder your screwed if theres multiple crystals (E.g. Glitterhelm)

in mobs as in multiple monsters in one area (Like a corridor filled with - Lets say - orcs piercing shots are amazing) Although i should of said hordes...

As for the 2nd paragraph: Barbarians have no towers so in single player/a game without a builder your screwed if theres multiple crystals (E.g. Glitterhelm)

This is not for solo play, and really, the way they've designed this game, it isn't a solo game. I'm talking strictly end-game group setting for Nightmare content.

Barbarians attacks hit everything in the cone in front of him. Huntresses have multiple shots that need to hit the same target to deal full damage. There isn't always going to be a giant line of mobs behind you for Piercing Shot to deal additional damage. In order for Piercing shot to match that SINGLE TARGET DPS by the Barbarian in my math post, the Piercing Shot would need to hit *75* more times to deal identical single target damage.

The math there is assuming the worst possible situation, no cleave for either target. That argument you're trying to make just can't be made.

Nightmare might still be do-able with a good team all helping repair and kill mobs. Except they have this listed as a Single Player game as well. Currently unless you are hacking, Nightmare is not solo-able.

Nightmare is plenty soloable. Even more so post patch 7.16 and the squire buffs. You might not get to wave 30 Survival solo right away, but you can get past wave 15 Nightmare Survival HC MM (is mix even working?) easily with a good build. And Getting to the boss on HC Misty Campaign is completely soloable as well. This means 150+^ pets for your aura/trap/wall bots. Combine that with the potential for 150^ armors and 200^ weapons easily pushing you into the 1600-1700+ stat range.

Playing multiplayer allows you to cut down on the farming needed to get past waves. Because you can stack pets/players for better DPS. Not to mention making larger maps much easier. But going solo isn't impossible. You will have to farm more to get the same level gear though.

This is exactly why it shouldn't be what you're hoping for it to be. By no means, AT ALL, should it EVER replace your Blasticus and be your "end game" viable weapon. Sure, DLC stuff should be useful. At the same token, I don't see a thread from you complaining that Insane and NM Unicorns have the same stats and ^.

You should be glad to get a cheap weapon that rivals a previous 2b+ mana weapon and actually do BETTER than what it once did. Seeing myself pull ~4m DPS with this gun (prenerf) when I did ~1.4m with my DT made my heart sink knowing every single hunt will soon have this weapon regardless. I'm very glad Trendy nerfed this gun "into the ground", as you all seem to put it, and to be honest I hope they nerf it further because its still good for how insanely easy it is to get. I'm very pleased to see them say they acknowledge the Hunt class issues and wish to solve it, but not by offering an easily obtained weapon with insane DPS.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I understand there is no other way to take this next statement: Don't be so greedy =/. Instead, be glad you have such an easy intro Hunt weapon and go from there. It took me ~50 hours of endless NM HC survival runs to get my 254^ DT and I'm sure it took you much less (whether it be money, time used to farm this weapon, or time used to farm this gold) to get your weapon that makes mine look like garbage.

For one, I haven't been able to complete any NM assault runs so I can't really comment the unicorns. A huntress/hunter with my stats is just too hard to run NM... even with my decently buffed squire/countess friends.

I think a huntress/hunter just really needed a boost for the later rounds in NM since we had no survivability. After I read in another thread that they're still boosting the other skills of the huntress/hunters, I didn't think it was too big of an issue nerfing the ret. At the same time, I still think it was poorly executed because they bring out a new DLC, allow this easily obtained uber weapon... (which actually does happen a lot in other games) and then after a week, when people have all bought the new DLC, they nerf it again. That's a douche move right there.

It wouldn't have been so hard for someone in the beta test team or dev to just get a ret, go into tavern and shoot at the dummy for a few minutes to realize that it was too powerful to be implemented at its current state. That being said, it would have been better if they just buffed all the other weapons to near the retribution's damage level. Being a weapon from the latest DLC, I expect it to have a slight edge over other weapons, which right now, it does. I'm fine with the way it is set as and I really hope in the upcoming DLCs, there are better weapons which are just a tier higher than the ret. and so on and so forth. That adds value to the DLC. It's like buying a Ferrari but for the sake of balance, is limited to the speed of a Honda Civic. You'd be choked too no?

The blind and ignorant complaints towards the beta team makes me sad. No one here but them and Trendy know how it functions and those whining like little babies that the beta team is full of incompetent people and that they could do it better is just lolworthy.

If you can do it better, apply. Prove it and get changes made since you know so much better.. or, sit on the forum whining and complaining.

For this thread, the nerfs suck. I've always tried to main a huntress and these nerfs have hit me hard. Now, I screw around on a barb because my 100^ weapons on him do more than my 190^ DT with more survivability. Same gear, 26k->150k hp. To everyone saying "ooo huntress is still viable" bull**** it isn't. Let's see you take a dew to the face and live. You know it, but won't admit it. Who knows why. Maybe you like arguing? It is far more useful to be on a squire/countess/barbarian than it is to be on an app/adept/monk/initiate/huntress/ranger when doing misty survival. Sure, you can overgear it and be on anything, doesn't make that option available to everyone else.

As it stands, I'd say initiate and monk are the most broken classes atm. If you play on either you're doing something wrong. Following them would be huntress/adept, then app and ranger. I'd put app and ranger closer to "functional" simply because ranger has more survivability than huntress and app has arguably better utility with overcharge than adept's instant upgrade. Just because they are organized like that doesn't mean they are close to being equal to the other 3 classes. Nowhere close.

I think as it stands, pretty much everyone needs to be rolling 4-5 characters to be competitive. Not sure if that's Trendy's intention but it seems to work out that way.