Console Patch Notes (Updated 10/24/12) and Console DLC Q&A

Why can't you people just be happy with what you get? Every game has a few minor problems, but like classic said, they're trying their best.

A problem that needs you to turn the game of isnt minor its gamebreaking.

Respect to switchblade for going balls out though.

Exp events are extremely well done, load up easy map - put on insane - build - afk for 5 mins - get 50m exp.
Laura was nice last time so she gets kudos for that, but items would be prefered atleast a monk weapon that can do needed dps without lagging the game

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learn I doubt it as they have had plenty time to rectify things. Creating a new forum instead of releasing EU patch or fixes doesn't make sense. I mean why create a new forum at end game.

Truth is classic they are not trying their best, in this day and age it's either do or don't do there is no try. !

If your weren't a groupie you would see that ;-)

Calling me a groupie/saying what you have not only proves a point I'll make in a second but shows how very little you know about game studios/companies etc. (btw I know very little as well, at least I'll admit it though)

Back to my original point, you're angry because someone isn't agreeing with you. That's fine, that doesn't make the truth any less truthful.

See, the thing about game studious/companies is that they are just like any normal company. That being that each company requires a particular set of skills from various areas, from various professions. Sometimes these skill sets overlap and the byproduct is a team member capable of a multitude of roles.

(Bare with me as I use an example. That's right, an example, not a finite truth.)

In reality though, you can't turn an admin assistant into a developer without a serious lack of training, dedication and investment. So when said admin assistant is capable of doing their job and then taking on roles, lets say recreating a forum for arguments sake (a role that really isn't that hard thanks to vbulletin), you end up with an admin assistant capable of multiple roles within the company.

It's really simple. I don't speak for Trendy, but I bet you my last dollar that they haven't got their development team making a new forum. It's bad business and would be a terrible leadership decision. Oh, and they have these people called community managers anyway, as well as other staff not directly related to game creation.

Reality dictates that there are more possible solutions than both of us have provided, but that's the beauty of my pov, it's not finite like yours.

The "do or do not, don't try" is just simply ridiculous.

;-) (Because I'm a friendly guy)

I encourage talk about this topic, but lets keep this civil please, name calling is not necessary.

i honestly couldn't care less about them trying or not, i can show compassion (guess i care a bit after all :p) because i understand it's not as easy as we may think it is to manage and I'm not gonna hate on them or be angry because this would lead me nowhere

but results are: i paid for a broken game which is breaking my console and i didn't get the last patch while the rest of the world has it and it's broken the game more than it fixed it on xbox

and results are what count the most, it's not all that counts but it's what people will have to live with

i honestly couldn't care less about them trying or not, i can show compassion (guess i care a bit after all :p) because i understand it's not as easy as we may think it is to manage and I'm not gonna hate on them or be angry because this would lead me nowhere

but results are: i paid for a broken game which is breaking my console and i didn't get the last patch while the rest of the world has it and it's broken the game more than it fixed it on xbox

and results are what count the most, it's not all that counts but it's what people will have to live with

I appreciate this comment, truthful and little emotional involvement.

If I could like it, I would. Thanks for that :)

Entire post

My MBA and I agree wholeheartedly with the entirety of this message. Attempting to pass judgement on people in whose moccasins you haven't walked a mile is unfair to the their dedication and shows little or no understanding of the difficulties and complexities of running a small business. Even if you run your own small business, you don't run Trendy specifically. And unless you're both employed there and educated in business or finance, any efforts to speak about their decision making are being made in ignorance; whether partial or complete.

Look up my username on wikipedia. Being in charge of people's livelihoods (whether decision-maker at a game developer or a King in ancient Greece) is like having a sword dangling above your head by a thread. The responsibility is immense and your mistakes could have a devastating affect on people about whom you care. The lights have to be on in Gainesville in October. Business strategy is difficult.

We all want the game to be perfect and it isn't. Please understand that when I say "we all" I mean people who work at Trendy are included in that.

Kudos to classic for sense of humour though ;-).

I'm not angry :-) don't get the agreeing part.

I accept there are different roles a bit like macdonalds ;-) If you get your burger with no bun etc etc - you go back and get what you paid for and an extra portion of fries :-) you don't get excuses- were making other burgers sorry. ;-)

The awful reality is they cannot be bothered (which is the main gripe) nothing to do with manpower etc etc and that is not trying your best. Trying your best would be working your rest days to fix a problem. Allocating a day a week to fix such issue. All hands on deck for couple day to fix. Yes I agree it comes down to money also and enthusiasm for the next project.

I would say were on opposite ends of the spectrum on this one I think it's simplythey have no time for PS3 pretty obvious considering we were asked if we wanted to be put back into general.

No matter what anyone sais wether good or bad it's out of passion for the game. People have different opinions and people will moan but it doesn't matter it's just a way of communication.

In closing ;-) sometimes you have to think in the real logical
world - how things really work. See past all the excuses etc etc.

My experience I started off a store manager for electronics boutique and we always had developers doing the rounds showing us their beta and upcoming games.(Quick name drop: used to know creator of tomb raider toby gard) I moved onto to AOL (America online) as a QA tester ;-) (full time job) After that I was a Police Officer which was great eye opener :-). Now I drive passenger trains at 125mph with adept skills for speed and distance :-).

I have experience in life and how things work in the real world :-)

Kudos to classic for sense of humour though ;-).

I'm not angry :-) don't get the agreeing part.

I accept there are different roles a bit like macdonalds ;-) If you get your burger with no bun etc etc - you go back and get what you paid for and an extra portion of fries :-) you don't get excuses- were making other burgers sorry. ;-)

The awful reality is they cannot be bothered (which is the main gripe) nothing to do with manpower etc etc and that is not trying your best. Trying your best would be working your rest days to fix a problem. Allocating a day a week to fix such issue. All hands on deck for couple day to fix. Yes I agree it comes down to money also and enthusiasm for the next project.

I would say were on opposite ends of the spectrum on this one I think it's simplythey have no time for PS3 pretty obvious considering we were asked if we wanted to be put back into general.

No matter what anyone sais wether good or bad it's out of passion for the game. People have different opinions and people will moan but it doesn't matter it's just a way of communication.

In closing ;-) sometimes you have to think in the real logical
world - how things really work. See past all the excuses etc etc.

My experience I started off a store manager for electronics boutique and we always had developers doing the rounds showing us their beta and upcoming games.(Quick name drop: used to know creator of tomb raider toby gard) I moved onto to AOL (America online) as a QA tester ;-) (full time job) After that I was a Police Officer which was great eye opener :-). Now I drive passenger trains at 125mph with adept skills for speed and distance :-).

I have experience in life and how things work in the real world :-)

Whilst there is no denying that you have an array of experience from a couple of different roles, none of them are even closely related to the development of a computer game. That's the point I'm trying to make, without any real insight, saying that the fallacy you have created (to offset the the anger/sadness/disappointment you have regarding this game) is the truth is kinda uninformed don't you think?

The way you see it, is your way only, without any compromise for other views or the truth to the matter.

You have to remember that no one here -barring Trendy- knows exactly what has happened. Does it make sense from a business stand point to leave customers high and dry? No it doesn't, so there has to be underlying causes as to why they haven't fixed it yet etc.

Simply put, all I'm asking is for you to see that there are far more valid realities possible to the one you have created, and until such time as Trendy tell us exactly what has happened, we can't just throw our hands up and say "they don't care" or "this is what happened". If we do, we're denying ourselves the truth and being childish.

We all aren't happy with what has happened, but that's life for ya, just gotta roll with the punches. :)

Well I am specifically talking about about the EU Version and that is factual as they did actually announce that working on other projects. I believe they could of done more,nothing wrong with that.

I like your style :-) well they should come forward and tell us the real reasons in that case. Well lets hope,I get suprised one day -lets just say seen this kinda thing before. I hope I am proved wrong :-)

Hypothetically then what kinda of valid possibilities do you see /anyone ? ...... !

Well I am specifically talking about about the EU Version and that is factual as they did actually announce that working on other projects. I believe they could of done more,nothing wrong with that.

I like your style :-) well they should come forward and tell us the real reasons in that case. Well lets hope,I get suprised one day -lets just say seen this kinda thing before. I hope I am proved wrong :-)

Hypothetically then what kinda of valid possibilities do you see /anyone ? ...... !

Trust me my friend, I want them to patch EU just as much as the EU players, I'm about fairness ;)

What possibilities I potentially see is that SCEE might have seen how broken the game is and simply told told Trendy, fix it all or we won't allow you to patch anything.

That's a massive guess on my part, but can you imagine if that was reality? They wouldn't have time to throw all the hours required into developing console like they might have in the past. Trendy was also partly sold to another company a while ago, meaning they now have other interested parties involved.

It all seems messy if we run with my guesstimate, but it surely is possible.

you guys have time to upgrade the forum page even make a new DD page but cant patch DD for ps3 in the EU console gamers you are not

I think people need to understand how companies work. Companies need to progress and make money. Working on PS3 EU would take time out of their busy schedules from DD and DD2 on PC. The same would go for the Xbox 360 and PS3 US, even though I wished that Xbox 360 wasn't the lowest on the DD food chain. Truthfully I don't see PS3 EU coming out ever, but it could happen.

its trendy who need to have better buisness sence made a game and it took off anyone knows when you make a product you dont run with it hoping for a hit you need all bases covered what to do if product fails what to do if product sells like hot cakes tendy just threw out the product got a bit then shot them selfs in the foot by not being ready for high demand then decided to bring it to console which took off even fast and yet again trendy shoot them selfs in the foot and decided to stop bring extra stuff to console claiming they cant make it due to stacking and big patchs to quoat trendy no one on the console what to buy the game then get hit with big patchs now any console gamer knows we get big patchs all the time trendy even should know this but they dont they even said they are big console gamers yet they refue to make dlc just for the consoles even though there is a market all this could have been avoided if they only did it the right way they all claerlyhad brain captians drunk at the wheel

as for the patch it will never happen they had a year ods to work on it and zero result. trendy remind me of M$ in it just for the money and dont care what the consumer wants

trendy SUCK *** anyway
bro calm down its micrsoft and sony they limit the patch size to a very small amount so they cant give us what pc has without paying a fortune

i gave up anyway never see this patch and certinaly never buy any of there games again they going to need alot of luck with there games

i gave up anyway never see this patch and certinaly never buy any of there games again they going to need alot of luck with there games
well you dont have to DD2 is free to play

• 2 weeks later...
well i meneged to get al least 60 ps3 players not to buy the game its just a waste and a rip off even got them to spred the word so come ion trendy what do you say to that

• 2 weeks later...
well i meneged to get al least 60 ps3 players not to buy the game its just a waste and a rip off even got them to spred the word so come ion trendy what do you say to that

Well I say that you really aren't a true gamer.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I say that you really aren't a true gamer.

You are right, he isn't a true gamer.
I'am sure he couldn't even finish Aquanos on Insane and still not reached level 83 with all of his heroes.
You shouldn't grasp for heaven, if you can't beat the depths of the Ocean.

I have kept quiet on the matter since day one, but I want everyone to know that I feel that if Trendy did not have the resources to pay for the "expensive" patches, then they should have tested a ton more... Or not released at all. I mean, I have seen multiple patches for other games, made by indie companies, that have been over 800mb. Wonder how much that costs... Just saying.

I have kept quiet on the matter since day one, but I want everyone to know that I feel that if Trendy did not have the resources to pay for the "expensive" patches, then they should have tested a ton more... Or not released at all. I mean, I have seen multiple patches for other games, made by indie companies, that have been over 800mb. Wonder how much that costs... Just saying.

You know, the bad thing is they promise something and never follow through. I feel really bad for the EU players.

• 2 weeks later...