Console Patch Notes (Updated 10/24/12) and Console DLC Q&A

I completely agree. Aside from all freezing and save corruption bugs, this is the single most important feature that needs inclusion.

exactly.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Fix the freezing issue on Survival Mode, usually freeze at wave 18
2. Want nightmare for console same way as for pc,now once you've reached level 83 it's too easy
3. Towers needs to be even out as for Defense Area Of Effect and Defense Attack Rate(Needs to be as the others:120)

PLZ for the next update

PLZ make it so that i can move my sved games from 1 hard drive to another it is really getting annoying that i saved it on my xbox storage and cant move it to my HD storage so that i can take it to my bros to play with him

Ok so ive not played dd since the disaster with the second dlc, I check the digest and patch notes from time to time and im wondering if there ever going to be fare with the xbox patch/dlc.. ATM top lvl for us is 78 wich is roughly 106 million xp.

I saw the next patch is due out with the 4th dlc and that our lvl cap is something like 90? This does not encourage me to return considering thats 22 lvls, unless something is done to drastically improve the XP values ive seen and heard.. At my best I was getting 1.5 mil on glitter insane in just under 20 minutes..

This game had great potential and the possibilities were endless. But with Borderlands 2, Black Ops 2, Skyrim and a couple others I play I cant see putting effort into a game that imho will end up takeng up valuable HD space.. Thanks Trendy for attempting to gain my confidence and play time but im surely shelving dd for other console games with a future..

What about a Retail "Game of the year" Edition for the consoles?
I bet there are tons of gamers, that would buy it! (If you can keep your save-games ;) )

There are plenty of Goty Publishers like rondomedia, that are perfect to bring this game onto discs.
(they just released "Orcs Must Die"-Goty for $20 on disc!)

Any plans for that? Or is it no option at all? :(

are we right to assume that the next patch will also include an increase in the allocatable points to hero/tower stats? ie. being able to increase stats beyond the current limit of 120. if not, and there is no place to assign the newly acquired points (20 points per level!) what would be the point of a level cap raise?

When we do get insane+ will we also get a change in the enemy color. Like on easy there blue and insane there red.

Also will Insane have the option to have inf build time and insane+ wont. Or will they both be non inf. build time?

Ok so ive not played dd since the disaster with the second dlc, I check the digest and patch notes from time to time and im wondering if there ever going to be fare with the xbox patch/dlc.. ATM top lvl for us is 78 wich is roughly 106 million xp.

I saw the next patch is due out with the 4th dlc and that our lvl cap is something like 90? This does not encourage me to return considering thats 22 lvls, unless something is done to drastically improve the XP values ive seen and heard.. At my best I was getting 1.5 mil on glitter insane in just under 20 minutes..

This game had great potential and the possibilities were endless. But with Borderlands 2, Black Ops 2, Skyrim and a couple others I play I cant see putting effort into a game that imho will end up takeng up valuable HD space.. Thanks Trendy for attempting to gain my confidence and play time but im surely shelving dd for other console games with a future..

if you're only getting 1.5 mil from Glitterhelm, then you are not doing it properly. on average i get about 2.2 mil for my non-builder and 1.7 mil for my builder in about 15 mins. been running Morrago for 3.3 mil in about half an hour with 2 people so it doesnt freeze. If it freezes on xBox....get the better system:) PS3 FTW!!

if you're only getting 1.5 mil from Glitterhelm, then you are not doing it properly. on average i get about 2.2 mil for my non-builder and 1.7 mil for my builder in about 15 mins. been running Morrago for 3.3 mil in about half an hour with 2 people so it doesnt freeze. If it freezes on xBox....get the better system:) PS3 FTW!!

It hardly ever freeze on the xbox, stop spouting your lies about the better system.
But your exp rate seems fine, i get 2.1m min with my dps on glitterhelm 1.8 normally with the builder

Why!!!!!!!!

Why do game like call of duty and sutch get more suport on consoles then pc why cant you do that
and thanks this is an awsame game plz keep consoles updated

Why do game like call of duty and sutch get more suport on consoles then pc why cant you do that
and thanks this is an awsame game plz keep consoles updated

Trendy are an Indie Developer, the people that make CoD are a massive company.

This is actually funny, because you stated the opposite of the truth. The PS3 version is the one known for freezing all the time, during Survival runs and the like, as it has less-flexible memory usage than 360 does. I'm all for people showing love for their console of choice, but spouting grossly false information is not so nifty.

Trendy are an Indie Developer, the people that make CoD are a massive company.

Exactly. The COD franchise rakes in hundreds of millions of dollars for Activision in a year, and the company is worth billions. They can put out those $10,000 title updates like it's absolutely nothing, and they do. Not to mention that COD games account for almost the entirety of the online gaming traffic on the 360. The only other games that come close are Halo titles. Microsoft is willing to afford them special accommodations in terms of the title update approval process, due to this. It's why COD games can get patches every week or two during their first months of launch.

Trendy does not have any of these special privileges. And even if they pay the insane cost of title updates for 360, which they're willing to do when needed, the biggest problem is the approval process for title updates. Each one would still take over a month to get the actual data up. If they could patch more readily, they would be doing so. They patch the game all the time on Steam, and it's because the same restrictions are not present there. Again, we may as well be a broken record. Even if we explain this to people, there will be a dozen new ones next week that have no idea how the process works (complaining that Trendy are greedy, don't care about console players, and the list goes on.)

what about putting skins that you have on the computer and placing those skins on the xbox to be bought at xbox marketplace. They don't have to be all of them just some like the halloween and christmas skins.

Is it past QA process and getting reviewed by sony/microsoft yet?

Just wondering :kobold:

reference from this week's digest:

7/10/12

Meanwhile, our console fans are getting anxious. We’re working hard on a submittable version of Shards Part IV and the patch. Once we’ve shipped them off to Microsoft and Sony, we’ll let you know. Even then, we won’t have a concrete release date for a little while. Hang in there.

If you trendy guys already have a patch, why not updating this thread?

Afaik the patch hasn't even been submitted. This is great because;

It enables them to fix any bugs post release before giving it to console. Think of it like this, PC users test our content ;)