Sign in to follow this  
dodgy2

Open Letter to Trendy

I've been playing this game pretty much since the day it came out on X-Box. I finally achieved Legendary Defender about 10 days ago and was very proud of my 42 level chicken (couldn't afford to upgrade it all the way though). I logged in today to find that not only was my item box empty but all my characters were naked and weaponless! WTF!? And no I don't run around with mods. Is there any way to address this issue or should I just quit?

Dodgy2

I've been playing this game pretty much since the day it came out on X-Box. I finally achieved Legendary Defender about 10 days ago and was very proud of my 42 level chicken (couldn't afford to upgrade it all the way though). I logged in today to find that not only was my item box empty but all my characters were naked and weaponless! WTF!? And no I don't run around with mods. Is there any way to address this issue or should I just quit?

Dodgy2

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?44343-Lost-Characters-or-Items

My son's took a week to get restored and that was only after sending multiple emails and *****ing about it in the forums. It was the forum *****ing that did it. Good luck.

Guess what that happened to me on Xbox and no they wont do **** about it , so I quit and started playin on the PC cuz theres no way theyre gonna have decent Xbox support. Trust me I was pissed about 400 hrs wasted now im up to about 900 hrs Pc. Its a hard pill to swallow take some water....

thanks for the feedback. I understand now that I'm not the only one this has happened to. I have just told my son to find a new game because I'm not paying for anything else either on his laptop or the XBox until this is resolved. If this had been a Microsoft issue we'd have seen a patch within 4 days. As it stands I'm fed up with both Microsoft & Trendy. Either fix the issue or lose your financially viable clients.

thanks for the feedback. I understand now that I'm not the only one this has happened to. I have just told my son to find a new game because I'm not paying for anything else either on his laptop or the XBox until this is resolved. If this had been a Microsoft issue we'd have seen a patch within 4 days. As it stands I'm fed up with both Microsoft & Trendy. Either fix the issue or lose your financially viable clients.

Son to dad: "Dad my saved file on my game is gone and I lost all my progression!"
Dad to son: "Thats the last straw this time, you're not getting another new game until its back!"

Haha I tease.

But honestly, Trendy typically is a little slow on this kind of stuff and I wouldn't doubt that the people who get taken care of are the ones who wave their arms the most. I've been told by them that they have a larger team for that kind of support now so maybe you'll be in luck. Out of curiousity did your son lose this on the xbox or pc?

Lord - I see where you are coming from, but surely Microsoft have the XBox 360 in order to increase revenue. Therefore the games need to have longeivety (or else XBox Live revenues would be non-existent). Since this issue was apparent 6 weeks ago why has it not been addressed? Is it a Microsoft issue or a Trendy issue? Personally I have owned and XBox 360 for over 18 months, but never bothered to get X_Box Live until this game. Guess if I'm keeping Live after February?

It's more likely something to do with the game than the system since it happens on all platforms. I hope you get your stuff restored soon. Cancelling your xbox live subscription will be a sure way that they can't help you out though. I personally havn't played Console in a few years, but if I did dust off my 360 off and went live I'd try Toy Soldiers: Cold War, you might wanna give it a try before cancelling, I've heard lots of good stuff about it.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/102/102753.html

Happened to me saturday morning NZ time(so friday U.S.) ive already sent an email to [email]Lostheroes@trendyent.com[/email]. but i kno that they work weekdays so waiting because i posted on the last day of the working week and it can take up to 5 working days aparently

Dodgy2

I'd be rather amazed if you had mods on the xbox, considering that's not really possible. By the way, this isn't much of an "open letter," nor should it be. As Hitmonchan said, you should be contacting trendy directly.

Microsoft are not known for quality support or quality anything related to online gaming.

There's a reason GFWL is considered evil incarnate on the PC and any game that uses it for a PC release is branded as cursed for all eternity.

Aren't the xbox characters stored on your hdd? If so, what can Trendy do to restore them? On ranked they can insert the items into the DB but xbox doesn't use the PC ranked servers.

No all the characters are still there on the xbox however every piece of gear I worked so hard to get was gone it happened from crashing and is a known issue that wont be addressed so I was like **** this why would I wanna try and rebuild when it could happen again after another 400 hrs of game play.

No all the characters are still there on the xbox however every piece of gear I worked so hard to get was gone it happened from crashing and is a known issue that wont be addressed so I was like **** this why would I wanna try and rebuild when it could happen again after another 400 hrs of game play.

Yell at Microsoft. And I'm not saying this as a TrendyEnt fanboy or anything. Rather as an experienced GFWL user.

Game developers sell their souls to Microsoft if they publish anything on either the XBox or on the PC with GFWL implemented.

They have policies that make patches/updates take weeks upon weeks to implement and so forth.