[Video] Nightmare Assault Mission Pack Solo 3/3

Since speed on nightmare has been buffed (Patch 7.16a), it is now fairly simple to do the new Assault maps solo.
Still it takes some time getting the paths right and timing your cooldowns. To make this process a little easier, i've decided to upload a playthrough of all 3 maps.

Things to note:
- I only use my Countess to clear the maps, though it may be possible with a Squire or a Barbarian. All the other classes offer too little survivability in my opinion.
- Maps 1 and 3 are doable without dying, but I feel like map 2 requires you to suicide at one point because of the time limit.
- Difficulty from easiest to hardest is: 1<<3<<<<<2
- Gear: Basically all my gear (except the giraffe) is from Misty Survival Waves 10-19. So you don't need the utmost best gear to do this.
- The video is far from a perfect run, so while a spider web often means failure, you can still pull through sometimes.

General Tips:
- Ignore everything that isn't a spider or a crystal. Just keep moving towards the next objective while cleaving everything in your path.
- Time your Call to Arms. You need to know when to conserve it, so that it's available for stronger groups.
- Don't be afraid to stop and heal up. Map 1 and 3 offer enough time to heal in between CtA cooldowns, use it.
- Memorize Traps and Spiders. A surprise web will most likely be your doom and since the AI always acts the same way, you can plan around most of the spiders.

Feel free to ask any questions or provide your feedback/personal tactics. :squire:

[video=youtube_share;9puUjZTHrkI]http://youtu.be/9puUjZTHrkI[/video]

Nice videos. Can you post your stats? This is very similar to what I've been trying, but I get killed pretty much constantly with mid tier stats.

Nice videos. Can you post your stats? This is very similar to what I've been trying, but I get killed pretty much constantly with mid tier stats.

Stats are at the end of the video. ^^
Anyway:
1154 Hp, 1510 Dmg, 511 Runspeed,523 Castspeed, 373 Call to Arms.
Resists: 88/63/60/62.

your 20k more health than me and 400 more attack...sadly that is more than enough to make the difference =( ...nice videos and nice job though. i was honestly impressed

Very nice! Gives me hope without the best gear - What is the stats like on the other weapons from Assault Pack?

Nicely done. Lol at the people thinking you need super stats to solo this. Like I've been saying, it's easy content due to the speed buff.

that last map is literally impossible the one with the 2 bowling balls next to it always hits me LOADS

Are you talking about the 2 bowling ball turrets sitting atop some ensnared-stairs guarding the 2nd-to-last crystal? On insane with my huntress I stand at an angle on the ground between the 2 sets of stairs and blast the turrets real quick, run away to deal with the aggro'ed DEW's, then go in for the crystal. I'm hoping to do something similar on Nightmare but need to get some resistance gear first - I've skipped resistances entirely until now.

Are you talking about the 2 bowling ball turrets sitting atop some ensnared-stairs guarding the 2nd-to-last crystal? On insane with my huntress I stand at an angle on the ground between the 2 sets of stairs and blast the turrets real quick, run away to deal with the aggro'ed DEW's, then go in for the crystal. I'm hoping to do something similar on Nightmare but need to get some resistance gear first - I've skipped resistances entirely until now.

i can do 1+2 without any issues just 3 is too hard i just seem to take A LOT of dmg dispite having high resistances

Due to the range of projectiles on NM, as a Hunter I have had a fair amount of success with letting a PS go while jumping/rushing forward, this at least make insane much more managable, gonna be trying NM a few times later I think.

i can do 1+2 without any issues just 3 is too hard i just seem to take A LOT of dmg dispite having high resistances

Yeah, I also find last one toughest (2 < 1 << 3). It is longer than others so more chances to fail.
And if you are talking about second last crystal, there is an Ensnare-free path.

hey can you post a screenshot of you're weapon? i have the same stats that you have but i cant do it, show us you're weapon :P

So basically it's HPs and Call to Arms, available only on Countess. Funny how it cuts off more than 50% of the damage with just 373 points in it.

UPD 1: I get 5050 damage from those bowlings. This countess gets 1950. It's just 39% of incoming damage.

PS My set has 90% generic resist.

UPD 2: And the second video is even more fun — 413 in Call to Arms results in 70% (!) damage reduction.

I guess I made a huge mistake ignoring the Countess... or is it a bug? Given that Squire gets just 50% damage reduction with about 1800 points in Blood Rage (from the patch notes, didn't test it myself since I'm far from this kind of gear).

So basically it's HPs and Call to Arms, available only on Countess. Funny how it cuts off more than 50% of the damage with just 373 points in it.

I get 5050 damage from those bowlings. This countess gets 1950. It's just 39% of incoming damage.

PS My set has 90% generic resist.

is that 90% while in NM or while at the tavern?

is that 90% while in NM or while at the tavern?

NM of course.

UPD I have no intention to say anything bad about OP or the video. It's a great thing to post a guide. It's just a bit annoying to have a whole map pack that is easy for just one class, but nearly impossible for every other with the same stats. Oh, maybe two classes — I can imagine a barbarian making it as easy as countess, but that's just a guess, I couldn't find time to level him up yet =/

NM of course.

UPD I have no intention to say anything bad about OP or the video. It's a great thing to post a guide. It's just a bit annoying to have a whole map pack that is easy for just one class, but nearly impossible for every other with the same stats. Oh, maybe two classes I can imagine a barbarian making it as easy as countess, but that's just a guess, I couldn't find time to level him up yet =/

Just remember this, ranged characters are better on higher survival waves. I think it's a fair tradeoff.

Just remember this, ranged characters are better on higher survival waves. I think it's a fair tradeoff.

I disagree, but that's not the thread to discuss it.

I've created a thread in Patch Notes on this matter: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?45423-Countess-Call-to-Arms-damage-reduction-%E2%80%94-nerf-incoming-or-it-s-intentional

Just be sure to read it before answeting with the same ranged-melee argument.