Can we get some insight on the design goals of the barbarian?

I'm sure the barbarian isn't just a random mess of implementations, like it seems to me.

I don't want to get super-upset because I'm not playing the barb properly, so I have some questions:

How did Trendy imagine the barb would be played?
Was the barb ever thought of as a solo class?
What is the barb's role in a group?
What maps/challenges were thought of to help design the barb?

IMO: Barbarian can not be thought of as anything other than a solo class, it has absolutely zero skills which interact with other players. It is strictly self-buffing without the use of a guardian.

IMO: Barbarian can not be thought of as anything other than a solo class, it has absolutely zero skills which interact with other players. It is strictly self-buffing without the use of a guardian.

How can he solo if he cant even get from point a to point b hence without mana.

Just started testing some 74 combat. I build with my squire/App towers and jump around the map on my Barbarian kicking ***. I tested a summit just now with just blocker towers and anti air seeing if I could DPS it with just the Barbarian and Holy crap he flies. I didn't run out of mana except when rocking two stances at a time but you barely lose any when just sticking to super speed(JUMPS HALFWAY CROSS A MAP).

My opinion is changing. At first I thought this class was going to suck but after tonight I've found my alternative DPS.