None of this would matter... if we just had communication.

I think the frustration is magnified with this patch because they decided to start testing patches before release.. and bragging about how awesome it was. They have the right idea.. we just don't know whether they picked the world's worst testers, or they just haven't fixed the things the testers pointed out and released a bad update because too many people were complaining it was taking too long. (Note: Check out Terraria.. they release patch notes and 'things we are aware of but haven't addressed yet' notes... learn from those doing it better than you.)

I always try to give Trendy the benefit of the doubt.. buy I'm running out of assumed justifications.

The communication is weak.. and constantly inaccurate. (Looking at you DunDef Make Believe info) Someone said they promised to never ninja nerf/buff .. they didn't link a source to Jeremy saying that.. but if he did.. and they released 7.16 with all of the missing information.. that would be a flat out lie.

I have no idea what is going on behind closed doors. If it was being done right, I would never think to wonder or ask.. but as it stands now, there is clearly a problem... and Trendy is either unwilling or unable to tell their community why.

It's almost like when someone says their arm hurts.. and you offer to kick them in the nuts because that will make their arm feel better by comparison.

I feel like Trendy ignores the issues that currently exist and just adds new issues with each patch/update so you have something to be more annoyed with than your previous complaints (which are still not resolved). Last night there were the most players and shops I'd seen active at the same time. At least 5 shops at any given time had "USD" or "PAYPAL" in the title.

I have more patience and understanding than 95% of the members on this forum.. but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out. The complete absence of communication from Trendy today is disappointing to say the least. Hitmonchan is obviously reading all of this.. he is just moving threads around to proper sub-forums. I interpret the lack of open communication as disrespect for me and the other players.

I have read comments from the developers talking about how they are gamers and wanted to create a game for gamers... Saying things like that and doing the opposite is a really really bad idea.

Under Promise --> Over Deliver.

Terraria/Minecraft are excellent examples of this. Fable is an excellent example of the opposite. Like I said.. learn from people doing it better than you.

I agree. If they really considered themselves gamers they would know the frustration felt by stealth nerfing. Maybe they were gamers at one point but that ship has sailed, sunk, and is at the bottom of the ocean.

what does it matter in this game really?
its not like a mmo where you took months to level and equip a char and then its all gone, here equip is tradeable, leveling is very fast etc etc

why you keep crying so much for a balance on the most OPstuff ?

and still app is probably the only viable dps builder in the game even after the nerf

i suggest trendy to make a thread the first of april saying they are gonna nerf again towers by 20 %

lets see if ppl then accept it with manners since "its announced" or if they cry again :D

what does it matter in this game really?
its not like a mmo where you took months to level and equip a char and then its all gone, here equip is tradeable, leveling is very fast etc etc

why you keep crying so much for a balance on the most OPstuff ?

and still app is probably the only viable dps builder in the game even after the nerf

i suggest trendy to make a thread the first of april saying they are gonna nerf again towers by 20 %

lets see if ppl then accept it with manners since "its announced" or if they cry again :D

I think you accidentally responded in the wrong thread. Nothing about this thread indicates it is an attempt to debate the apprentice nerf.

This thread is about communication.. or lack thereof. Over the past 60 days, we have gotten very limited information, and the information we do get is accurate maybe 50% of the time.

There are a dozen other threads where your troll comment fits in just fine.

Hate to say it, "IF" we do get official communication or rationale from the Devs it will be basically, the change was intentional, now you will have to live with it. No going back.

Hate to say it, "IF" we do get official communication or rationale from the Devs it will be basically, the change was intentional, now you will have to live with it. No going back.

I'm not asking for it to be changed. I am asking why the communication is so terrible and inaccurate.

I'm not sure how to make it more clear that this thread is not to complain about the nerf.. other than the fact it was unannounced. This is about communication.. and communication only. I thought the title and original post were pretty clear on that.

This thread is about communication..

so you should learn to read if you want to communicate with others since my reply was perfectly in topic with your thread, showing how its just another whine and the lack of communication is just a lame excuse for crying for the game being harder

i dont say they did well to make it harder, in fact im considering it could be a mistake after all but still its a joke to pretend its the lack of communication

im curious to see what happens when we find some OP stuff not in the patch like a DST hitting a ensnared mob would do 5x the dmg

i really doubt i will see many threads about "stupid trendy why didnt you inform your customers about this ninja buff??? " :D

Yes, official communication makes the difference CLEARLY - check out when they officially announced the DLC would be delayed a day. No whining, anger or grief there.

Having worked in PR for a company for 3 years in the past, I can now safely say that they are choosing not to talk to us. And the sad thing is that one of them, probably the leader of the group made that call based on how he thinks this should be handled.

By this point they would have had a truckload of people around them inform them that there were issues around this. Heck, even at the first few posts on this forum last night they most likely knew.

I'm not guessing, I KNOW.

I've told people to pm me once/if you fix this mess and then me and my buds may give this game another try, but your lack of respect for your costumers is such a textbook PR fail. And in the end that pisses me off more than the stealth nerfs.

Granted there are some theories out there in regards to PR that if the problem is not that important you gain more by not talking about in the long run, but this is so not one of those situations.

If it wouldn't mess with valve's credit ratings, then I would so go to my bank and explain how you did not deliver the expected service to me and I would get a full refund while you got a slap on your wrist. Sadly tho it would hit Valve and not you. Or maybe it wouldn't, I'm going to look into it.

It's not about the money, it's about the principle of the matter and because I actually have the means to do it.

All the assumptions, and perhaps part of the rage, would be gone if Trendy would just put ONE official, well done message out there.

- Hey, we screwed up and we will fix it - check out these patch notes for the next patch
- We're sorry about the ninja nerfes, but it was intentional and not a bug, this is why we did it: .....
- whatever version you can come up with

I'm no PR pro, NDA guru or whatever it is that Trendy needs to deal with as a company. But for Etheria's sake, where the hell did the love and communication go that Trendy had in their early days? It's THAT type of communication we need right now.

All of the above is MY opinion.

Having worked in PR for a company for 3 years in the past, I can now safely say that they are choosing not to talk to us. And the sad thing is that one of them, probably the leader of the group made that call based on how he thinks this should be handled.

By this point they would have had a truckload of people around them inform them that there were issues around this. Heck, even at the first few posts on this forum last night they most likely knew.

I'm not guessing, I KNOW.

I've told people to pm me once/if you fix this mess and then me and my buds may give this game another try, but your lack of respect for your costumers is such a textbook PR fail. And in the end that pisses me off more than the stealth nerfs.

Granted there are some theories out there in regards to PR that if the problem is not that important you gain more by not talking about in the long run, but this is so not one of those situations.

If it wouldn't mess with valve's credit ratings, then I would so go to my bank and explain how you did not deliver the expected service to me and I would get a full refund while you got a slap on your wrist. Sadly tho it would hit Valve and not you. Or maybe it wouldn't, I'm going to look into it.

It's not about the money, it's about the principle of the matter and because I actually have the means to do it.

One, you are not special. You are not entitled to get a special response by PM from a dev just because you think so. When they are ready to respond to the situation, they will. The oat h was released at 6/7pm their time so no one would be in the office then.

Two, you do not know anything. Saying you work for a PR firm means nothing oj the internet. For three years I was a balloon, that doesn't mean its true or that I know anything about balloons.

Three, you can't get a refund. It wouldn't hurt anyones credit rating either. You lack the basic knowledge of credit ratings it seems.

One, you are not special. You are not entitled to get a special response by PM from a dev just because you think so. When they are ready to respond to the situation, they will. The oat h was released at 6/7pm their time so no one would be in the office then.

Two, you do not know anything. Saying you work for a PR firm means nothing oj the internet. For three years I was a balloon, that doesn't mean its true or that I know anything about balloons.

Three, you can't get a refund. It wouldn't hurt anyones credit rating either. You lack the basic knowledge of credit ratings it seems.

In that case shouldn't customers like us who have paid for the game, get a head up BEFORE patches are released?
No, we are not entitled to anything from Trendy, but anyone would be disgusted by repeated ninja nerfs when we have made it vehemently clear that we really really dislike it. Nerfs are okay, but tell us and discuss it first.

Acts like this sure make us WANT refunds, even if it isn't possible.

I'm not trying to be offensive to you personally, but I sure question why Trendy doesn't stop the ninja nerfs when there's been a backlash every time.

In that case shouldn't customers like us who have paid for the game, get a head up BEFORE patches are released?
No, we are not entitled to anything from Trendy, but anyone would be disgusted by repeated ninja nerfs when we have made it vehemently clear that we really really dislike it. Nerfs are okay, but tell us and discuss it first.

Acts like this sure make us WANT refunds, even if it isn't possible.

You have every all all right to turn patching off and not update. TE also has the right to patch and update the game as they see fit. They also have the responsibility to support their customers to the best of their ability and knowledge but they do not have to do anything beyond give you a working product that fits the description =\

I wont speak much on refunds other then valve won't / doesn't allow them.

The rage in this thread is why a calmer thread very much like this one got a response, and this one didn't. Just saying. Anger is a great way of expressing an opinion, and a terrible way of establishing a dialogue.

I think that Trendy might need to use the nerfbat on one Volunteer Moderator

You have every all all right to turn patching off and not update. TE also has the right to patch and update the game as they see fit. They also have the responsibility to support their customers to the best of their ability and knowledge but they do not have to do anything beyond give you a working product that fits the description =\

I wont speak much on refunds other then valve won't / doesn't allow them.

Yeah it's not so much what they -have- to do though. Even if they don't have to, it should have been more than obvious that ninja nerfing is really getting on the nerves of the general community. A quick glance at the forums tells you instantly that customers are not happy, and some kind of direct response would help a lot. No more sudden nerfs would also be great.

And choosing not to update the game isn't really possible...the majority of us play on ranked mode and not updating essentially means you can't play properly.

Not really looking for a refund - I like the game, which is why I want to see a change. But it's disheartening that despite all the times we've asked for no ninja changes, it's not happening.

I think that Trendy might need to use the nerfbat on one Volunteer Moderator

I calls it as I see it. You will get the blunt truth from me when you act entitled to more then the rest of the community.

Yeah it's not so much what they -have- to do though. Even if they don't have to, it should have been more than obvious that ninja nerfing is really getting on the nerves of the general community. A quick glance at the forums tells you instantly that customers are not happy, and some kind of direct response would help a lot. No more sudden nerfs would also be great.

And choosing not to update the game isn't really possible...the majority of us play on ranked mode and not updating essentially means you can't play properly.

Not really looking for a refund - I like the game, which is why I want to see a change. But it's disheartening that despite all the times we've asked for no ninja changes, it's not happening.

I personally don't think they were intended but we have to wait for official word. =\