Lets combine our forces...

And be constructive.

We've all had our share of raging at Trendy and telling them how upset we are with 7.16 and the current state of the Barbarian. I say we occupy the suggestions forum and make our constructive voices be heard there.

Trendy loves their game, we love their game as well. We all know that whatever is broken can be fixed. So lets do this.

:skeleton:

I am glad your are optimistic...but they now have a pattern of not communicating and of introducing stealth nerfs. Clearly this behavior and user reaction does not bother them.

I plan on making my suggestions via my wallet.

Once a developer starts practising shady tactics like stealth nerfs you know there's no hope for them.

Once a developer starts practising shady tactics like stealth nerfs you know there's no hope for them.

Not true. Could have been a typing error, lack of internal communication, wrong files, who knows. You can't just assume Trendy's trying to screw everyone over. What do they accomplish by doing that?

Not true. Could have been a typing error, lack of internal communication, wrong files, who knows. You can't just assume Trendy's trying to screw everyone over. What do they accomplish by doing that?

you think attack speed, tower damage, and guardians were all nerfed unintentionally? what about assault movement speed. come on this is a bit of a stretch.

EDIT: I don't believe they did it intentionally to screw others over. I think they were maybe worried about barbarian being viable, so they nerfed other classes and gave him very high damage to compensate.

agreed. let's just wait a few days if they give some answers.

Lets indeed wait for an answer guys. In the mean while, try to focus on suggestions. I know it's another screw up in the array of scree ups we've had, but give them the benefit of the doubt here. At least allow them to communicate about the/their errors.

you think attack speed, tower damage, and guardians were all nerfed unintentionally? what about assault movement speed. come on this is a bit of a stretch.

EDIT: I don't believe they did it intentionally to screw others over. I think they were maybe worried about barbarian being viable, so they nerfed other classes and gave him very high damage to compensate.

You don't know the truth. Making assumptions of the worst just brings more negativity to the forum. Could have just been a mistake in the file sent to Valve for patching and are working to correct it? Who knows (but them). Until we find out what happened, play with what features you're capable of I spose. I was doing insane Assaults because NM is too damn hard lol. The unicorns from it aren't 200^, but they aren't terrible at around 100^ :P I for one love my pooonies.

If that was the case don't you think we would had heard something by now? It doesn't take a brain surgeon for them to browse the forums and see something is amiss.

If that was the case don't you think we would had heard something by now? It doesn't take a brain surgeon for them to browse the forums and see something is amiss.

Does take proper steps to post things regarding patches, fixes, etc though. Not anyone at Trendy can just come on here explaining what happened. Depending on what happened they may or may not even tell us.

Nothing, but that hasn't stopped countless other devs doing it with countless other games in the past.

Nothing, but that hasn't stopped countless other devs doing it with countless other games in the past.

Stay positive then lol. Can be hard, and yea it's a pretty big letdown when you're... let down, but only good can come from being positive yet no good can come from being negative.

Does take proper steps to post things regarding patches, fixes, etc though. Not anyone at Trendy can just come on here explaining what happened. Depending on what happened they may or may not even tell us.

yeah sure. way to much effort to post: "sry guys there was a hickup with the pacht. working on it"
cant expect that can we?

Stay positive then lol. Can be hard, and yea it's a pretty big letdown when you're... let down, but only good can come from being positive yet no good can come from being negative.

Unless its your HIV Test results

yeah sure. way to much effort to post: "sry guys there was a hickup with the pacht. working on it"
cant expect that can we?

Easier said than done. Won't know if it's something that simple until we get a post.

Unless its your HIV Test results

I lol'd.

yeah sure. way to much efford to post: "sry guys there was a hickup with the pacht. working on it"
cant expect that can we?

Assuming something went wrong, would you rather have them sit here for an hour and attempt to talk to everyone foaming at the mouth, or fix whatever it is that went wrong?

As someone in the software development industry, I can say that such a practice shows either questionable ethics or very poor documentation practices.

Every step in the software development cycle is supposed to be documented. When the patch notes are written, they are based on the design documents. NOTHING should be coded without design documents if the developer is following good development practices.

After the patch notes are written, they are supposed to be reviewed by the developers and the testers to verify that they are accurate and to ensure that nothing is left out.

By the time patch notes are released to the end user, it should have been reviewed many times by a number of different people. All of the excuses that you give for TE are invalid for any professional software development company.

As someone in the software development industry, I can say that such a practice shows either questionable ethics or very poor documentation practices.

Every step in the software development cycle is supposed to be documented. When the patch notes are written, they are based on the design documents. NOTHING should be coded without design documents if the developer is following good development practices.

After the patch notes are written, they are supposed to be reviewed by the developers and the testers to verify that they are accurate and to ensure that nothing is left out.

By the time patch notes are released to the end user, it should have been reviewed many times by a number of different people. All of the excuses that you give for TE are invalid for any professional software development company.

You're making many assumptions there. This is Trendy's first game and they are a fairly new company. Maybe they don't have it down just yet and are still working things out.

haha I'm glad it wasn't taken offensive. A little tasteless I admit, but I'm feeling silly this afternoon. A little surprised we havn't heard from Jer-Dawg yet, I don't wanna start farmin survivals yet today until we can know if they plan to change any of their apprentice tweakings or not.

Assuming something went wrong, would you rather have them sit here for an hour and attempt to talk to everyone foaming at the mouth, or fix whatever it is that went wrong?

an hour? i hope they can type a litle faster than that....

a simple post like: "we see the problems. we're on it." would be enough.

You're making many assumptions there. This is Trendy's first game and they are a fairly new company. Maybe they don't have it down just yet and are still working things out.

I am making big assumptions? The excuses that you gave are things a college student or garage programmer might give. They are not any excuses that a software development team can plausibly give.

I gave you industry standard practices. The software development process is standard across the board with only minor differeneces between developers. Either TE follows the industry standards or they don't. If they don't, that explains a lot.

@Sakisan,

I am trying to stay positive (a bit), but the main issue I am having with the patch is that Trendy has been absolutely silent about it. If they did intentionally nerf us, I wouldn't even mind... so long as they said something and didn't try to hide it. Finally, if it really is a bug, they should also admit that there is some kind of problem. Hitmonchan can probably see how worked up the community is with so many threads about this. I realize he probably can't make any official statement about it, but hopefully could get the devs to say something. When everyone was upset about not having access to the AMP, he was posting in every thread, but on this subject... silence.