After browsing a few current threads, I decided i'd say my piece.

Item Folders: Life as a dungeon defender is already easier, havn't had any problems so far. (People don't seem to notice that you can move items up a folder by -dun dun dun- dragging them onto the 'move up a folder' (blue arrow) button.)

Assault Maps: Aside from a glitch in the first one that allows me to enter the house at the top (via the hole in the roof) and get trapped, these are all great fun, and I'm glad they made more assault maps.

Rainbow Unicorn: Damn epic, just wish black and brown ones were less common, i've only gotten 3 that weren't so far (although, that may just be me).

Barbarian: Fun, unique and I can see it involving lots of strategy. :P While I think the combo could require less repetitive clicking, all round good job. (Also, need to make equipping weapons more specific, and show comparisons of both currently equipped weapons.)

Havn't tried NM with the buffs/nerfs yet, so I'll see about that.

Good job, Trendy! Enjoying this patch muchly! (y)

EDIT: Okay, how about we rename the thread: All is well, for me.

There, All discussion on NM is now invalid until I get around to trying it. Right now i'm just having too much fun with assault maps.

well everyone is complaining because nightmare got ****ed by all these ninja nerfs. try it first before you say this update is great.

well everyone is complaining because nightmare got ****ed by all these ninja nerfs. try it first before you say this update is great.

Hey, I didn't say the NM update is great, I said more or less everything else was.

Item Folders: Life as a dungeon defender is already easier, havn't had any problems so far. (People don't seem to notice that you can move items up a folder by -dun dun dun- dragging them onto the 'move up a folder' (blue arrow) button.)

Folder/item deletion bug

[quote]
Assault Maps: Aside from a glitch in the first one that allows me to enter the house at the top (via the hole in the roof) and get trapped, these are all great fun, and I'm glad they made more assault maps.
[/quote]

Speed nerf that makes it literally impossible to walk to every crystal while oneshotting everything as a squire on at least one of the maps on nightmare.

[quote]
Barbarian: Fun, unique and I can see it involving lots of strategy. :P While I think the combo could require less repetitive clicking, all round good job. (Also, need to make equipping weapons more specific, and show comparisons of both currently equipped weapons.
[/quote]

Awkward left-right clicking combat, enjoy trying to hit 7-0 while trying to move around and attack at the same time.

[quote]
Havn't tried NM with the buffs/nerfs yet, so we'll see about that.
[/quote]

Hey guys I haven't tried the mode that they've made the most sweeping undocumented changes to, but all is well.

Folder/item deletion bug

Hasn't happened to me, and i've been playing around with them quite a bit.

Speed nerf that makes it literally impossible to walk to every crystal while oneshotting everything as a squire on at least one of the maps on nightmare.

Adds to the challenge, still possible. Work on it.

Awkward left-right clicking combat, enjoy trying to hit 7-0 while trying to move around and attack at the same time.

I said this was a problem.

Hey guys I haven't tried the mode that they've made the most sweeping undocumented changes to, but all is well.

I did say "I'll see about this".

wow...
didnt u take a look at the forum before posting this?
just reading 2 topics would have told you what the reactions to your post would be.
im actually surprised that there hasnt been a total ****storm in here.

Squire is slowest class. Try countess?

countess is faster then squire.
all female classes are faster than their male countrpart.

Rainbow Unicorn: Damn epic, just wish black and brown ones were less common, i've only gotten 3 that weren't so far (although, that may just be me).

Barbarian: Fun, unique and I can see it involving lots of strategy. :P While I think the combo could require less repetitive clicking, all round good job. (Also, need to make equipping weapons more specific, and show comparisons of both currently equipped weapons.

Havn't tried NM with the buffs/nerfs yet, so I'll see about that.

Good job, Trendy! Enjoying this patch muchly! (y)

I think the patch is weak...
1) but I don't like assault maps
2) I think that fact that they keep re-using old maps rather then making news one is boring and reeks of laziness
3) The barbarian also seems boring to me but I probably have not played him enough yet
4) All in all the stealth nerfs ruined the patch for me and reduced the devs for me as class A scumbags.

So yea, not much good out of this one for me.

Wow. So Trendy adds some new things, someone makes a thread thanking them, and everyone jumps all over him turning a positive thread into total negativity. Good job everyone. Mission complete. Move on to the next thread.

wow...
didnt u take a look at the forum before posting this?
just reading 2 topics would have told you what the reactions to your post would be.
im actually surprised that there hasnt been a total ****storm in here.

I made this just to let Trendy know that not everyone hates change, and can appreciate their work. :D
Everyones only pointing out the bad things, doesn't make for a very good community.

I have to disagree here. I understand where you're coming from, but trendy has broken nm progression at this point. I have maxed gear from spires, I have stats far and above what it would have taken me to do misty (I was just comfortable with spires so I stayed there a while). I had just hit 1000 tower damage. at this point someone with stats far exceeding mine (1300 tower attack, 700 range and attack speed, 900 tower hp) died on the last wave of spires while actively repairing and such, when he used to do it solo.

If I cannot reasonably attempt mistmyre with maxed spires gear, where is the progression? how should it be that I need to have the best gear from misty, to do misty. I mean, I have my gear maxed ffs (the gear was level 50-100) and I can barely do spires now. someone first coming to nightmare at this point will be utterly crippled. there is no longer any progression

Wow. So Trendy adds some new things, someone makes a thread thanking them, and everyone jumps all over him turning a positive thread into total negativity. Good job everyone. Mission complete. Move on to the next thread.

I hate to ruin your internet white-knighting, but look at the thread title, and then look at the statement that he hasn't tried Nightmare.

There are obviously lots of problems with this patch, and it's not like I'm going around saying "TRENDYENT? MORE LIKE TROLLYENT AMIRITE?".

If he wanted to compliment Trendy, he should've picked a different title.

I made this just to let Trendy know that not everyone hates change, and can appreciate their work. :D
Everyones only pointing out the bad things, doesn't make for a very good community.

i get your point and im sure most players appreciate changes. if they make the game better. right now it seems that almost everyone is unhappy with the patch (at least in NM).
the thing is there are so few good things compared to the bad ones that it is hard to be thankfull.
especially since most of the good things are buged too.
after a month of waiting people just did expect more..

I created an account just to reply to this thread.

++ to LogicalSoup for the positive thread!

I also like some of the changes in the patch. I really like the inventory bags.

My personal opinion is that maybe this should be impossible. It sounds like a gameplay balance bug, and they are trying to fix it. I consider their efforts to implement game balance admirable.

If they went too far, they can balance again.

Regardless, I wanted to support this thread!

how are you getting more then 1 unicorn? i can only seem to get the one i have? we've completed the mission pack a few times in a row now

I created an account just to reply to this thread.

++ to LogicalSoup for the positive thread!

I also like some of the changes in the patch. I really like the inventory bags.

My personal opinion is that maybe this should be impossible. It sounds like a gameplay balance bug, and they are trying to fix it. I consider their efforts to implement game balance admirable.

If they went too far, they can balance again.

Regardless, I wanted to support this thread!

thats another thing that upsets people.
trendy said this time they beta testet the patch and so on. how can things like this happen? i dont think they can find all bugs/issues but something like this? and there are other problems like this.

I almost feel like they did nothing but internal beta testing, or their beta testers didn't want to vocalize any misgivings about the nerf.

I almost feel like they did nothing but internal beta testing, or their beta testers didn't want to vocalize any misgivings about the nerf.

Exactly how I feel. I'm guessing the "testers" were too scared to voice their concerns or they just simply suck at testing.

thats another thing that upsets people.
trendy said this time they beta testet the patch and so on. how can things like this happen? i dont think they can find all bugs/issues but something like this? and there are other problems like this.

That is precisely why I am suggesting that the changes might not be a mistake, but intentional. I can see changes like this encouraging more cooperative play online.

If these are intentional gameplay balance changes: I do agree that the changes should be meticulously detailed in the patch release notes. Just like other games, some which make regular changes to game balance: WoW and Starcraft 2 for example. They each have extensive change logs.

how are you getting more then 1 unicorn? i can only seem to get the one i have? we've completed the mission pack a few times in a row now

I'm starting at the first map, then just clicking next level. Nets me a unicorn after returning to the tavern after the third map.

Also, getting a fair bit of mana. Not only is this fun, but I'm getting an awesome pet and a nice little bit of mana.

This would be like making a post about the game, RAGE, saying "Game is AMAZING, the gun plays awesome, looks really cool, but I havent played passed the first level."

This would be like making a post about the game, RAGE, saying "Game is AMAZING, the gun plays awesome, looks really cool, but I havent played passed the first level."

So you're saying that everything but NM is the first level?
I see.

Moved to PC Patch Notes as it is specifically dealing with the newest patch.

Hitmonchan, any way we could get a response from Trendy about these issues? So far I haven't found anything