barbarian and endgame

So what will my barbarian do when I'm in wave 20+? Help carry a guardian each round?

I haven't made it up there yet but I intend to once I lvl him up to 74. This issue comes to mind when the mob becomes so strong that even the "tanker" squire can't even venture out a few yards away from the barricade. And don't say the turtle stance because I'm sure it will get rape by 10 DEWS 4 ogres and a bunch of kobolds.

His stances don't help anyone but himself and since he can't go out late end game he will be just a dead weight character where the squire will just farm for his swords since they can both use the same weapons. Am I right?

For anyone who has never made it past hc nm wave 20, you won't know what I am talking about.

So what will my barbarian do when I'm in wave 20+? Help carry a guardian each round?

I haven't made it up there yet but I intend to once I lvl him up to 74. This issue comes to mind when the mob becomes so strong that even the "tanker" squire can't even venture out a few yards away from the barricade. And don't say the turtle stance because I'm sure it will get rape by 10 DEWS 4 ogres and a bunch of kobolds.

His stances don't help anyone but himself and since he can't go out late end game he will be just a dead weight character where the squire will just farm for his swords since they can both use the same weapons. Am I right?

For anyone who has never made it past hc nm wave 20, you won't know what I am talking about.

Turtle stance making you take reduced damage on top of resists makes him more viable than a squire as a barb can still repair and attack while taking low damage and heal himself in the process with siphon.

Turtle stance making you take reduced damage on top of resists makes him more viable than a squire as a barb can still repair and attack while taking low damage and heal himself in the process with siphon.

Of couse he can...he also has 10 million dps on the dummy with a basic macro how else can they force everyone to buy it...then next month it will be nerfed and the ev will be awsome...

you obviously have never made it past wave 20 other wise you would say something smarter.
I want to see you stand in front of a mob of elite plus 20 waves with your turtle stance, unless trendy really did design it to reduce at least 70% dmg than I'll say yes but at this point it doesn't look bright.

you obviously have never made it past wave 20 other wise you would say something smarter.
I want to see you stand in front of a mob of elite plus 20 waves with your turtle stance, unless trendy really did design it to reduce at least 70% dmg than I'll say yes but at this point it doesn't look bright.

You obviously haven't used him at 20+. You're making assumptions that he's bad and disregarding my input because I haven't been to 20+ yet you haven't used him at 20+ either.

well you dont need to go wave 20+
just test the dmg reduction in any fast challenge

You obviously haven't used him at 20+. You're making assumptions that he's bad and disregarding my input because I haven't been to 20+ yet you haven't used him at 20+ either.

As you can see in my past post I said, that I haven't yes... but he will be once he hits 74 because I have a full 180^ armor set and two fully up 254 swords.

Also I stated that you are correct with the turtle stance and I have yet to know if trendy will stand behind this "turtle" stance as in the past a fully up resist and dmg reduce squire while holding block only survived about 3 seconds in a mob of elite.

And from really playing the barbarian as he lvls up without being carried by another character like what the rest of the other people are doing I really believe that his abilities and stances will be totally useless as in wave 20+ you can only rely on towers and running to repair barricades left to right.

I mean haven't you noticed there are by far way more hunter weapons than any other class? Because she can attack within the safe zone of the barricades.

He'll be the best repair bot. That's about it. Ranged will always be superior for helping clear lanes+ogres in Misty.

Despite what you think or experience, the general population doesn't play Nightmare mode, endless mode, on mistymire. In fact, most don't even play endless mode, or nightmare mode. Now, it should be balanced from 1 point to the next, which it most likely isn't yet (it just came out). But you are pointing fingers accusing people of not testing something, to not work for something that you havnt even tried yourself. Try to step outside yourself for a moment and grasp at what you want us to be upset with you about.

[quote]But you are pointing fingers accusing people of not testing something, to not work for something that you havnt even tried yourself[/quote]

Believe me, browse this forum and you'll find plenty of dislike barbarian and new patch threads so I'm not the only one.

Also I've played this game to the point where I toss out free mana and free fully up bone bows left to right, so I should have a swell idea of where this character is going. I gaurentee you that if you can show me a video of you venturing out to fight mobs with your turtle stance after wave 20+ I will personally give you anything you want. Besides you said it your self, the game wasn't meant for the general population to play nm etc... so I take it the tester didnt test the barb in nm then right?

On top of everything, does any of you still remember the nerf of app towers? So no you are not going out doing any dps because the sad walls and towers need you repair! It does not matter if your barb can stay alive facing 10 dews, you can go killing as much as you like, it's just your crystal would not be happy to see that..maybe some certain map yes, but generally you just dont want to do that.

Hmmm...didn't log since last night...could someone point me the patch change that says you're OBLIGATED to play a Barbarian?

I mean, if you don't like it, just don't play it. No one forced you to buy it in the first and there's no where written that the Barbarian is "Proof to be 25+ Viable".

That said, you just complain that you THINK he'll not hold after 20+ when you didn't even finish leveling him.

On top of that, you didn't even make some basic testing that you could've done if you REALLY did care to know and not just complain:

Get your Barb nakid and go to some slow map with few mobs (in my case, Hard Deeper W)
Take some hits from a mob that you can consistently get hit and check the damage (in my case an archer)
Spend points in Turtle to a level (10 in my case) and check reduction in damage
Spend points in Turtle to a higher level (30 in my case) check reduction in damage
Spend points in Turtle to a higher level (70 in my case) check reduction in damage
That done, put some gear on with the least stats possible in other areas and increase Turtle once again to see if gear has any impact or not, aside from the increase in Physical resist and redo checkpoints

That alone would indicate to you that granted enough points Turtle can surpass 50% reduction (if the curve continues more or less like it should)

With that, if we get a correctly geared Barb with 70% resist, we could ilustrate the kind of punishment he could take:

Let's take an example 100k hypothetical hit from a mob.

That 100k, after applying 70% reduction, would turn into a 30k hit.

That mitigated 30k hit, after applying Turtle 50% reduction (can go higher), would turn into a 15k hit.

Couple that with Syphon + a Fairy (that got more effective after patch changes) and you're almost, if not completely, health neutral.

Granted you're not just taking only that damage in a real enviroment in 20+, but just to show how the Barb has a lot going for him in that scenario

Hmmm...didn't log since last night...could someone point me the patch change that says you're OBLIGATED to play a Barbarian?

I mean, if you don't like it, just don't play it. No one forced you to buy it in the first and there's no where written that the Barbarian is "Proof to be 25+ Viable".

That said, you just complain that you THINK he'll not hold after 20+ when you didn't even finish leveling him.

On top of that, you didn't even make some basic testing that you could've done if you REALLY did care to know and not just complain:

Get your Barb nakid and go to some slow map with few mobs (in my case, Hard Deeper W)
Take some hits from a mob that you can consistently get hit and check the damage (in my case an archer)
Spend points in Turtle to a level (10 in my case) and check reduction in damage
Spend points in Turtle to a higher level (30 in my case) check reduction in damage
Spend points in Turtle to a higher level (70 in my case) check reduction in damage
That done, put some gear on with the least stats possible in other areas and increase Turtle once again to see if gear has any impact or not, aside from the increase in Physical resist and redo checkpoints

That alone would indicate to you that granted enough points Turtle can surpass 50% reduction (if the curve continues more or less like it should)

With that, if we get a correctly geared Barb with 70% resist, we could ilustrate the kind of punishment he could take:

Let's take an example 100k hypothetical hit from a mob.

That 100k, after applying 70% reduction, would turn into a 30k hit.

That mitigated 30k hit, after applying Turtle 50% reduction (can go higher), would turn into a 15k hit.

Couple that with Syphon + a Fairy (that got more effective after patch changes) and you're almost, if not completely, health neutral.

Granted you're not just taking only that damage in a real enviroment in 20+, but just to show how the Barb has a lot going for him in that scenario

I like how you said you werent sure if the barbarian was release to do end game... so what does that mean? Trendy created an unfinished char? Also i would not have bought it if they released how he @hiiiity he works under his content to download.
If trendy was so proud of all their stuff they would offer refund but they dont because they know majority of the general would do it. I guess ill just have to post a vid of my geared barb jumping into a mob of elite but either way trendy win, because if he dies I lose over 5 hours of gameplay.

from what I've heard, spider's web removes turtle stance... he's not invincible...

I like how you said you werent sure if the barbarian was release to do end game... so what does that mean? Trendy created an unfinished char? Also i would not have bought it if they released how he @hiiiity he works under his content to download.
If trendy was so proud of all their stuff they would offer refund but they dont because they know majority of the general would do it. I guess ill just have to post a vid of my geared barb jumping into a mob of elite but either way trendy win, because if he dies I lose over 5 hours of gameplay.

The problem with this is that with Siphon+Turtle you'll have lowered resistances meaning less damage mitigation. This is a non issue on Insane and lower, but not NM. Siphon is only viable in NM if your incoming damage is 0.

And I totally quoted the wrong post. Oh well.

He will never be a squire. From what I've read that's what most of you want. If you wanted a squire play that, if you want to be useful late survival waves on certain maps, play a squire. Just add him to the list of other things that dont fair well on misty, or glitter 20+ NM HC survival. Hunt, monk, app, and barb now. I have reasons Hunt is on the list for those two maps, but its less important than the idea of; You can use him everywhere, but late wave HC on like 2 maps.

The problem with this is that with Siphon+Turtle you'll have lowered resistances meaning less damage mitigation. This is a non issue on Insane and lower, but not NM. Siphon is only viable in NM if your incoming damage is 0.

And I totally quoted the wrong post. Oh well.

From my experience with horrible gear, I can tank an ogre endlessly with both active, having positive health regain. Though this was done in ogre crush, so I haven't tried in NM HC Misty.

The major problem right now is that webs disable his stances.

Webs disabling stances isn't really a problem since every other hero gets their abilities turned off when webbed. I personally think Turtle Stance should be used while webbed but with lowered defense

I just find it odd that towers don't get auto-sold when a web hits them but barb can no longer use his stances. Stances are meant to be something other than an ability. In most games a stance is a passive bonus. The barb has nothing else he can rely on to save his skin other than himself.
-Huntress can sit in a proximity trap to defend themselves while webbed.
-Squire can sit in a slicer while webbed.
-App can sit in front of any number of turrets (especially with such low DU cost) while webbed.
-Monk can sit in a multitude of stacked auras while webbed.
-Barbarian sits in his own skin and hopes he doesn't get chain webbed.

I agree with that... it's fine that the abilities gets disabled, but the stances shouldn't (they could have their effects reduced, but still be up)