Un-nerf Apprentice Towers and Apprentice Guardian.

You have the worst history of knee-jerk reactions of any developer I have ever seen.

Blizzard doesn't do this kind of thing and that is saying a lot.

Get better testers since they obviously have no idea what they are doing.

Ya know, I don't think people realize the math on this sort of statement.

Let's consider the PC market. There are literally millions of combinations of operating systems, graphics cards, CPUs, and RAM that testing for even a bare majority of it all is incredibly time intensive.

Then take into account that game testing is a highly thankless job, and that it is hard to have people test stuff the way it needs to be tested. Most people just look at beta testing as: OOOOOH, I get to play before everyone else!

Now the actual numbers. Let's say you are releasing a game, and that on release day, your combined sales are 1 million units. An awesome release day that any game developer would be proud of. Now, lets say those people take the game home, install it, and play for 1 hour.

That's 1 million hours of game time. 41666.66 days. 114 years.

114 years of game time played in ONE hour.

So how many playtesters should you have to properly play test this game?

I don't know about you, but I saw plenty of whine threads posted here when Trendy delayed the release by 1 day. They really can't win a break, eh? With folks like you on one end of the spectrum (you didn't take enough time) and people on the other end whinging away (you took too long), I'm surprised game companies bother.

Even just 1 would have found huge holes in this patch...

Well by placing a single Apprentice tower and seeing the change, it would have taken me less than 5 seconds to test this.

Are you that fully retarded? I work for a software company and am in Product Management. I understand the process but this is ridiculous

you just reminded me! I need to stop playing DD and buying there DLC and play SC2 and watch online streams and commentaries... Go Husky, Day9 and HD... A lot better then putting up with Trendy.. Now we know why it got delayed a day...

Ya know, I don't think people realize the math on this sort of statement.

Let's consider the PC market. There are literally millions of combinations of operating systems, graphics cards, CPUs, and RAM that testing for even a bare majority of it all is incredibly time intensive.

Then take into account that game testing is a highly thankless job, and that it is hard to have people test stuff the way it needs to be tested. Most people just look at beta testing as: OOOOOH, I get to play before everyone else!

Now the actual numbers. Let's say you are releasing a game, and that on release day, your combined sales are 1 million units. An awesome release day that any game developer would be proud of. Now, lets say those people take the game home, install it, and play for 1 hour.

That's 1 million hours of game time. 41666.66 days. 114 years.

114 years of game time played in ONE hour.

I don't know about you, but I saw plenty of whine threads posted here when Trendy delayed the release by 1 day. They really can't win a break, eh? With folks like you on one end of the spectrum (you didn't take enough time) and people on the other end whinging away (you took too long), I'm surprised game companies bother.

Oh please, just stop your nonsensical waffling. This patch is plain awful, I could have spotted the problems within 5 minutes, and the same could be said for most people so I have no idea how Trendy/The beta testers didn't bring any of these issues to light. They've basically ruined the game in one swift go.

Lets face it, its frusterating in general that this happened, especially on a patch that came with not 1 but 2 DLC for purchase. Now the biggest rub in your face is waiting to see how long Trendy waits to acknowledge this, whether they say its a bug (which im particuarely sure its not) or ends up saying this is where they want it. I honestly used to be excited for Trendy Entertainment as a new company in the Gaming community. Shame on you Jeremy, you should know better man.

I just talked to some friends of mine who play dd. every one of them said after they check out the barbarian, they're taking a break from dd. it's all because of this patch. this was a very bad move guys, please do something before this fantastic game dwindles on the vine. you can buff the squire without destroying the other classes.

I just talked to some friends of mine who play dd. every one of them said after they check out the barbarian, they're taking a break from dd. it's all because of this patch. this was a very bad move guys, please do something before this fantastic game dwindles on the vine. you can buff the squire without destroying the other classes.

Same, me and my friends will be quitting, this patch may be the worst patch in the history of gaming, apart from the one that killed Star Wars.

Yeah, I was pretty excited about the barb, was progressing nicely, about to make another run at the spider queen, but i don't even know if I can make it to the boss wave now. This is just a horrible patch especially with how dramatic the nerfs are. I feel like I'd have to spend a ridiculous amount of time to just get back to where I was pre-patch.

tbh guardians had to be nerfed, the fact they didnt tell in any patch note is bad but the nerf is right

same with app
when there are 4 (5) classes and only 1 is viable there is a big flaw in the game

So you fix the problem by nurfing the only viable class.... You SIR are stupid... Your perfect just what trendy needs bet they would hire you in an instant you fit all there needs for a beta tester, a team leader heck maybe even lead programmer.

But I will be fair I am not as upset with the guardian nurf as I am all the other totally unneeded nurfs.

Yeah, I was pretty excited about the barb, was progressing nicely, about to make another run at the spider queen, but i don't even know if I can make it to the boss wave now. This is just a horrible patch especially with how dramatic the nerfs are. I feel like I'd have to spend a ridiculous amount of time to just get back to where I was pre-patch.

Now how would you feel if you already had what you considered the best gear you could find current patch. Then how would the nurfs make you feel knowing you can't even catch up again. Could be more nurfs to come for who knows what.

Your double posting Viper, and arguing with people who share the same view point as you. I can tell your mad dude, we've all been there. Just do us and yourself a favor and relax from posting before you rage another one out there.

These changes are most likely temporary after tonights community backlash, and its not like you lost any of that gear. There now will most likely be gear waves 22+ Mix mode hard core endless misty that is roughly 20-40% better than your current gear now to make up for it anyway. Deep breaths.

These changes are most likely temporary after tonights community backlash, and its not like you lost any of that gear. There now will most likely be gear waves 22+ Mix mode hard core endless misty that is roughly 20-40% better than your current gear now to make up for it anyway. Deep breaths.

Even if there is...his current gear with the nerf won't let him get that far lol

QFT - the nerfs in this patch do not make the game more challenging, just more annoying, which is bad.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Even if there is...his current gear with the nerf won't let him get that far lol

Definately not, but maybe to wave 15 atleast, which shouold start yielding upgrades. And I'll eat my shirt in the morning if Trendy doesnt at the very least minimize these nerfs some. And this thing is dirty

Same, me and my friends will be quitting, this patch may be the worst patch in the history of gaming, apart from the one that killed Star Wars.

TE have effectively lost a lot of money doing this, the ones who would have spent money on future DLC will not, the ones who ahve been upset and left in the past are justified now considering this latest debacle and the ones like me who stayed on thinking it couldn't get worse were proven wrong.

It is not just the nerfing, it is the way it was and has been done in the past i also recall a statement that said we will not be doing that in the future again (ninja nerfing).

Also the amount of stuff ups with stores deleted prior and lost items etc with little to no resolution'(s) if you call waiting 2-8 weeks for a reply while you do not play to get your items rolled back is a solution i envy your ignorance.

This patch i would guess also will just enforce those who hack their items that they were right in doing so, i could only guess at what else will happen down the road.

I have officially ended my time with DD now, i have more faith in monkeys (than i do in TE getting this game balance done properly) authoring a legal document that gives them the right to space travel.

EDIT: Also i doubt they will read these posts and if they do they won't reply in any form, they will leave it to their fanbase to cover them and or their unerlings who have to save face with the loyal customers left.

The arrogance is amusing almost, if it were not that this game *had* real potential and a great community for the most part.

TE you need to get a focus group and or better management or get off your high horses and come down to reality, you might have a cash cow now but your reputation won't allow for another in the future.

If there's one thing this "update" screams, it's RUSHED. I'd have waited another 2 weeks if it meant getting proper balance and an attack system on the barb that didn't involve mashing both click buttons. It's clear that the rest of the updates were either not tested or not altered after testing. I don't think I'll be playing much until this crap is polished (or at least rolled in glitter)

You have the worst history of knee-jerk reactions of any developer I have ever seen.

Blizzard doesn't do this kind of thing and that is saying a lot.

Are you comparing TE to Blizzard???

Well, it's always good to look at better competitors to improve oneself.

point taken, how is the community on steam ive been thinking of making the switch from console to pc? I should ask how many hrs of play all DLC included Ive logged a ton of hrs and capped out on anything and everything.Just curious?

Well, it's always good to look at better competitors to improve oneself.

True but "Bad Jue Jue" xbox does have a point Blizzard I could argue has probably been the most... what is the word I am looking for.... Revolutionary gaming company setting a lot of trends and basically pushing developments into areas that other games or companies have never been and will never be. But I still say it is worth while to mention that Blizzard changes things a lot in there games... for the most part they are never done in a ninja meshed and even the worst changes don't completely ruin the very aspect of the game.

Still TE dropped the ball big time.

Thanks Trendy you gave me a reson to try some thing diffrent , i binned DD after all the stunts you have pulled.

Downloaded the rift trial and now bought it, grinding is actualy fun, there is plenty of content and the company listerns to its userbase :)

No longer will you get another penny from me!!!

Cya..................