NM AMP is impossible to solo

yea that's the problem, you need a countess, can't be done with a squire because he's slow as f*ck.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how many points in hero HP?
I have more than 1200 points, and something like 150k HP...
still can't do it.

Forgive me for expecting to be able to play a game that I paid for with my own money solo, because the online is filled with hackers, and my friends who do play aren't geared enough for any sort of insane runs.

And don't give me this co-op game stuff, go play Phantasy Star (any one is fine). That game was pretty much centered around Co-Op, yet you can do the online missions solo, and get all the best gear solo, it's hard but it's doable. Missions don't get harder with more people, they get easier. In DD, more people = harder runs.

Before the patch, everything was soloable, now it's impossible to solo assault runs, and nightmare is extremely hard (It was hard before the patch, but now it's extremely hard). I don't have the best gear in the game, just some crappy myth armor I farmed from spires that pushes my stats barely over 600, but I was farming and getting better gear. Now that apprentices are nerfed, NM misty is impossible for me, so I'm stuck. All I can do is farm mana and buy gear, but I'm paranoid to do that because of all the hacked items that seem legit that are floating around. If I accidentally and unknowingly buy a hacked item, guess what, all the money I spent on DD goes to waste (the game, all the dlc, and I've bought a bunch of DLC for friends), so you can see why I'm not too thrilled about not being able to solo anything anymore.

You are not forgiven that your hard earned $20 to play an online game forces you to actually play it with other people. There are plenty of good solo games out there (generally for more than $20) if you wanted that go buy one of them and play it instead. In fact you pointed a game out above, it seems that you like that genre better so please stay with it. I like having to call up friends, get them loot from MM and ES runs and then working to finish a map. I look forward to the new challenges so I will stick with DD.

You are not forgiven that your hard earned $20 to play an online game forces you to actually play it with other people. There are plenty of good solo games out there (generally for more than $20) if you wanted that go buy one of them and play it instead. In fact you pointed a game out above, it seems that you like that genre better so please stay with it. I like having to call up friends, get them loot from MM and ES runs and then working to finish a map. I look forward to the new challenges so I will stick with DD.

Let's see, $15 for the game, $15 for the Eternia shards pack, $3 for the game (for a friend), $8 for the Barbarian (myself and two friends), $2 for the turkey, $2 for the warping core, $5 for the new heroes, $1 for halloween costumes, and another $2 for the halloween pack. Total, that's $53 of my heard earned money that Trendy now has. More then enough to buy one of those games you're telling me to go play.

And tell me where this game is advertised as online only? If they specifically advertised it as an MMO game, then I wouldn't be complaining. But no, they give you the option for single player, and I prefer to play single player. Most everyone I've ever played with online was retarded, they didn't know how to play, and it was a colossal waste of time.

Also, when did I say I wasn't sticking with DD? I'm sticking with it no matter how much they nerf stuff, because I love this game. There's literally no other games like it out there, which is why I've put well over 200 hours into it. Hell, I've been playing it non stop for the past 16 hours, even with all the nerfs. I'm not asking for them to make it easy, I'm asking for them to make it doable.

@haker10201: If you wanted to play solo, why didn't you buy Orcs Must Die, which is known to be better solo?

And tell me where this game is advertised as online only? If they specifically advertised it as an MMO game, then I wouldn't be complaining.

Pretty sure its advertised as a mmotdarpg

@haker10201: If you wanted to play solo, why didn't you buy Orcs Must Die, which is known to be better solo?

I have OMD, it sucks compared to DD.

Pretty sure its advertised as a mmotdarpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65800/

"Dungeon Defenders is a Tower Defense Action-RPG where you must save the land of Etheria from an Ancient Evil! Create a hero from one of four distinct classes to fight back wave after wave of enemies by summoning defenses and directly participating in the action-packed combat!"

"Genre: Action, Strategy, RPG, Indie"

"Customize and level your character, forge equipment, gather loot, collect pets and more! Take your hero through multiple difficulty modes and challenge/survival missions to earn more experience & even better treasure. Join your friends with 4-player online and local (splitscreen) co-op to plan your strategies together or compete in PvP Deathmatch."

You see anything that specifies that this game is an MMO? The game is advertised as having Co-op, Fable 3 has Co-op, that's not an MMO. Magika has Co-op, that's not advertised as an MMO, Portal 2 has Co-op, that's not advertised as an MMO. See what I'm getting at here? Just because a game has online capability, it does not mean it is an MMO. If they give you an option to play offline or solo, then you should be able to do everything solo. Co-op should be an option, not a necessity.

Out of curiosity, does the barbarian leap attack work in assault?

It does not.

As for hero health, I'd say you need at least 2k with max generic resistance to be able to solo NM AMP map 1.

I have OMD, it sucks compared to DD.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65800/

"Dungeon Defenders is a Tower Defense Action-RPG where you must save the land of Etheria from an Ancient Evil! Create a hero from one of four distinct classes to fight back wave after wave of enemies by summoning defenses and directly participating in the action-packed combat!"

"Genre: Action, Strategy, RPG, Indie"

"Customize and level your character, forge equipment, gather loot, collect pets and more! Take your hero through multiple difficulty modes and challenge/survival missions to earn more experience & even better treasure. Join your friends with 4-player online and local (splitscreen) co-op to plan your strategies together or compete in PvP Deathmatch."

You see anything that specifies that this game is an MMO? The game is advertised as having Co-op, Fable 3 has Co-op, that's not an MMO. Magika has Co-op, that's not advertised as an MMO, Portal 2 has Co-op, that's not advertised as an MMO. See what I'm getting at here? Just because a game has online capability, it does not mean it is an MMO. If they give you an option to play offline or solo, then you should be able to do everything solo. Co-op should be an option, not a necessity.

Sorry last piece then I am done. Since you compared DD to other games in the past have you ever played another game where the hardest difficulty was impossible? Maybe i'm too old but thats what I assumed nightmare was going to be in DD. So to me when someone says its not possible to beat nightmare mode xxx solo after 1 day of playing it I say great job on that piece Trendy.

Sorry last piece then I am done. Since you compared DD to other games in the past have you ever played another game where the hardest difficulty was impossible? Maybe i'm too old but thats what I assumed nightmare was going to be in DD. So to me when someone says its not possible to beat nightmare mode xxx solo after 1 day of playing it I say great job on that piece Trendy.

What are you talking about? I've got 238 hours invested into this game, and I'm simply stating that I cannot do nightmare at all. It was barely doable before the patch, it was a struggle, and it was fun, as it should be. Now it's simply retarded, they nerfed everything way too much, so new players, or those with moderate gear, are stuck.

And I wasn't comparing DD to other games, Finally said that DD was advertised as an MMO, and I proved him wrong. This game is advertised as having Co-op, that does not qualify it to be an MMO. I just provided examples of other games that support Co-op, but aren't labeled as an MMO.

What are you talking about? I've got 238 hours invested into this game, and I'm simply stating that I cannot do nightmare at all. It was barely doable before the patch, it was a struggle, and it was fun, as it should be. Now it's simply retarded, they nerfed everything way too much, so new players, or those with moderate gear, are stuck.

And I wasn't comparing DD to other games, Finally said that DD was advertised as an MMO, and I proved him wrong. This game is advertised as having Co-op, that does not qualify it to be an MMO. I just provided examples of other games that support Co-op, but aren't labeled as an MMO.

Why is MMO even being brought up in the discussion? Whether you have 2 people on a server or 2,000,000 people on a server multiplayer is multiplayer, co-op is co-op.

Giving an example of a co-op game where you can solo all of the content is pretty pointless... as this is not that game. This is Dungeon Defenders.

If you like it, play it. If you don't like it, don't play it. As it is you can complete all maps and challenges in the game solo. If you want to be able to complete every one on nightmare you may be forced to group.

No telling you may have more fun actually playing with other people........

Why is MMO even being brought up in the discussion? Whether you have 2 people on a server or 2,000,000 people on a server multiplayer is multiplayer, co-op is co-op.

Giving an example of a co-op game where you can solo all of the content is pretty pointless... as this is not that game. This is Dungeon Defenders.

If you like it, play it. If you don't like it, don't play it. As it is you can complete all maps and challenges in the game solo. If you want to be able to complete every one on nightmare you may be forced to group.

No telling you may have more fun actually playing with other people........

Go read my first post onwards if you don't know what we're talking about. I said that I expected to be able to do everything solo in a non MMO game, now everyone is arguing with me saying that DD is an MMO and that I'm wrong, and that I don't like the game blah blah blah. I quite obviously enjoy playing, I spent the last 19 hours straight playing, only reason I'm quitting is because I can hardly keep my eyes open anymore.

I think everyone is missing my point. My point is, it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to progress any further in the game. I didn't exploit that UMF bug awhile back, I don't hack, I don't IRL trade, I don't know any hackers, I don't know any bugs that will let me beat missions without doing anything, I do everything legit, and I always have. I worked hard to get my ****ty gear with 600~ in all tower stats. I worked hard to farm for my crappy staff that gives an extra 80 to all tower stats. I worked hard to get the mana to upgrade this stuff. How did I do it? Farming NM. I couldn't beat the levels, but little by little I could do wave 1, then wave 2, then wave 3, because I kept getting better gear. I just moved up to misty a couple days ago, made it to wave 9 before losing, now I can't clear the second wave. Like i said, it's impossible for me to progress any further in the game, there's no way around it. I hate playing with other people to be honest, I have some friends who play and I enjoy playing with them, but they rarely want to play at all. The online is filled with retarded people, I rarely have a good experience online. I don't see how asking for things to go back to normal so I can continue slowly farming for better gear is too much to ask for.

And, I feel the need to point this out. I'm not quitting this game, I have no plans on quitting this game, and I will probably never quit this game. I love it, even with the flaws. You're all pretty naive if you think my criticism of this game means I don't like it. You can point out the flaws in something and love it at the same time. If you don't see any flaws in the patch, You either can't do any sort of NM (even before the patch) run, or you believe this game is the best of all time and would defend it no matter what they change. I sincerely hope it's the former, if it's the latter you need to wake up.

I agree with haker, even though I am one of those people that actually got a boost out of the tower changes because of my 2000+ tower stats. This game as it was originally made on mobile devices has always been based off of offline mode where you could solo everything. Then there was online mode where you could find people to help you if you so desired.

Why do you think this game gets harder with more people in the game? It's because it was intended to be soloable and made harder as more people joined so that the maps would still have some difficulty. All of you need to relax and actually read what this guy is saying and become more informed before you flame him. :apprentice:

With the speed nerfs and ensnare auras these maps are impossible to solo.

Sooo, you mean they're working as intended?!

Niiice!

Edit to adress haker10201 post

Sorry, but I believe your mentality towards the approach of the game goes against the nature of it.

It's a co-op multiplayer game. It's built as that. (for PC, at least) Check the Steam intro to the game and that little square in right bottomish of it's page to see it's cat.

To me it's kinda clear the devs are trying to slowly make people get back towards the multiplayer mentality, making the maps require groups to be done.

When you can solo afk maps many things in the game get broken. Class balance is fuxed, there's no reason to interact or have a community, people can control the market easily...and so on...

Sooo, you mean they're working as intended?!

Niiice!

Edit to adress haker10201 post

Sorry, but I believe your mentality towards the approach of the game goes against the nature of it.

It's a co-op multiplayer game. It's built as that. (for PC, at least) Check the Steam intro to the game and that little square in right bottomish of it's page to see it's cat.

To me it's kinda clear the devs are trying to slowly make people get back towards the multiplayer mentality, making the maps require groups to be done.

When you can solo afk maps many things in the game get broken. Class balance is fuxed, there's no reason to interact or have a community, people can control the market easily...and so on...

Yet another person who doesn't understand what I'm saying. Read Pyro's post, he seems to get it. I do understand that there are certain things in this game that should require a team, like getting past the Misty boss, or some high level survival runs. However, that's not what I'm arguing. I can't even get past wave 5 anymore, when I used to be able to get to the last boss. It was a struggle, and required some luck and skill, but it was manageable. That's how I was progressing through this game, slowly farming better gear, to try and achieve endgame status. However, with the latest patch, I'm no longer able to progress without either farming billions of mana very slowly (reaching the 200M cap from spire runs), IRL trading, or hacking. I want to be able to progress on my own, I don't mind farming for my own gear, I don't mind farming mana, and I like having a real chance to beat NM missions.

But, they finally addressed the nerf in the digest, so I'll just wait out the rest of the Eternia packs before trying to progress any further. For now, I'll make due with what I have and try and get some pretty epic gear for my Barbarian (my standards for epic gear are pretty low...)

Yet another person who doesn't understand what I'm saying. Read Pyro's post, he seems to get it. I do understand that there are certain things in this game that should require a team, like getting past the Misty boss, or some high level survival runs. However, that's not what I'm arguing. I can't even get past wave 5 anymore, when I used to be able to get to the last boss. It was a struggle, and required some luck and skill, but it was manageable. That's how I was progressing through this game, slowly farming better gear, to try and achieve endgame status. However, with the latest patch, I'm no longer able to progress without either farming billions of mana very slowly (reaching the 200M cap from spire runs), IRL trading, or hacking. I want to be able to progress on my own, I don't mind farming for my own gear, I don't mind farming mana, and I like having a real chance to beat NM missions.

But, they finally addressed the nerf in the digest, so I'll just wait out the rest of the Eternia packs before trying to progress any further. For now, I'll make due with what I have and try and get some pretty epic gear for my Barbarian (my standards for epic gear are pretty low...)

The assult pack on insane can actually yield some decent mythical weapons...also when doing any campaign on nightmare you have about a 1 in 20 chance to find 70-100^ armor in the tavern for about a million

The assult pack on insane can actually yield some decent mythical weapons...also when doing any campaign on nightmare you have about a 1 in 20 chance to find 70-100^ armor in the tavern for about a million

I've ran AMP on insane over 30 times, the weapons aren't the best. The only good thing is the bows, and I've kept one of those for myself. The staves never hit over 100^, and none of the backstabbers can compare to my Pinioners, which I got from NM Death From Above. My armor is already better then anything the tavern guy sells, it's not good but it's decent.

When my friend gets home we're going to see if we can take the first AMP mission on NM, I can beast through the first crystal and get half way to the second before dying, but I've no hope of getting to all four. If we can beat it, we'll be farming like crazy for the guns, that'll hopefully make us pretty rich, or at least rich enough to buy better equips.

I've ran AMP on insane over 30 times, the weapons aren't the best. The only good thing is the bows, and I've kept one of those for myself. The staves never hit over 100^, and none of the backstabbers can compare to my Pinioners, which I got from NM Death From Above. My armor is already better then anything the tavern guy sells, it's not good but it's decent.

When my friend gets home we're going to see if we can take the first AMP mission on NM, I can beast through the first crystal and get half way to the second before dying, but I've no hope of getting to all four. If we can beat it, we'll be farming like crazy for the guns, that'll hopefully make us pretty rich, or at least rich enough to buy better equips.

LOL you farm up a 250+ spider launcher with real good stats before I do and I have a full set of armor already level up waiting for you to say you want to trade

Joined a match earlier today of two fellows Duo'ing the maps. As we've all been informed the first map is possible to solo. These two where playing Squire, and Countess and succeeded in Duo'ing map 2, and 3 without getting killed.
The squire had about 150k health, and the countess somewhere around there aswell.
1: Solo 2: Duo 2: Duo.
Best I've seen so far.

My fren who is a squire with just top tier legit stuff solod 1 and 3 and just needs 3 seconds more to solo 2. Dont say he is hacking cuz he is not, he just has high hp. Problem? Accept the fact that you suck