The illusive patch. Too little too late?

So, we've heard talk of this patch for months now. And still, we're no closer too knowing what it will contain, or wen it will land. But that's not what I'm asking here. I'm asking whether the community still cares.

I for one don't. I feel since the big news regarding the severe lack of content, patch or no patch, I still don't want to play the game. They can't possibly cram enough content into this patch to make it worthwhile. Especially size I have completed all the content available to me.

I don't expect miracles from the patch, and I fear anyone doing so has nothin but disappointment in store. What the patch will likely contain is bug fixes, exploit fixes and other "day one issues" along those lines. We won't get new levels or anything Trendy could justifiably charge money for.

Opinions?

My opinion. If your done with this game...gtfo, if not quit saying you are. Its officially gotten tired.
As to the patch. If they fix the day one bugs the exploits and the mage towers I'll play the whole game through again.

So, we've heard talk of this patch for months now. And still, we're no closer too knowing what it will contain, or wen it will land. But that's not what I'm asking here. I'm asking whether the community still cares.

I for one don't. I feel since the big news regarding the severe lack of content, patch or no patch, I still don't want to play the game. They can't possibly cram enough content into this patch to make it worthwhile. Especially size I have completed all the content available to me.

I don't expect miracles from the patch, and I fear anyone doing so has nothin but disappointment in store. What the patch will likely contain is bug fixes, exploit fixes and other "day one issues" along those lines. We won't get new levels or anything Trendy could justifiably charge money for.

Opinions?

I'm kinda in the same boat.

On one hand the patch will should greatly help balance and fix the game, thus allowing new players to get a better experience out of DunDef than we did originally. On the other hand the patch really won't do much for us who've completed the whole console DunDef experience.

Will I continue to purchase the DLC and play the console after the update? Of course, but that's really about it. The revolting responses some people have left Trendy on the "Console DLC News" thread has left me completely enraged and I consider it insulting that they even live, let alone potentially play on the same console as me.

So I think the patch is great because it will offer a better DunDef experience to new players but it does little for me at this point. Trendy will still have my support regardless.

I'm kinda in the same boat.

On one hand the patch will should greatly help balance and fix the game, thus allowing new players to get a better experience out of DunDef than we did originally. On the other hand the patch really won't do much for us who've completed the whole console DunDef experience.

Will I continue to purchase the DLC and play the console after the update? Of course, but that's really about it. The revolting responses some people have left Trendy on the "Console DLC News" thread has left me completely enraged and I consider it insulting that they even live, let alone potentially play on the same console as me.

So I think the patch is great because it will offer a better DunDef experience to new players but it does little for me at this point. Trendy will still have my support regardless.

Thanks for the mature response, it's more than the poster above you could manage.

I hadn really considered the effect of the patch on future players, I guess the won't have to deal with hackers and worthless mana. Its a shame that microsoft is looking to streamline the patching process now and not 6 months ago :/

I do care just to see the effort put in...I would add that if I can hang around long enough to maybe see TE do something w the consoles(I know its delusional to think that) I am still hoping w/o high expectations.

Unfortunately I've pretty much checked out - just stopped through for the first time in a while to check for news of the patch, only to find bad news rather than no news, lol.

It depends on what the patch contains, but honestly at this juncture I regret trying to have understanding for Trendy's position. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel. There's a long list of things that could feasibly help me find my love for this game again, but I feel like I'd need 100% of them to be taken care of to get any more enjoyable play time out of this.

So long, and thanks for the couple of fish. I'll be back in a bit to check for patch notes again, I suppose. Until then, back to FF6, CT, and my hair-brained cooking. o/

I finished the game with a platinum a few days ago. I really love this game and would love to see more content - patch or not. I never found any of the challenges unbeatable, just tough, and apart from a few connection problems (getting kicked in a hard survivor game in level 14 sucks) I really saw few errors.

But apart from completing my own Animus collection there is little that motivates me to continue. I'd love to see new maps and more trophies, more than anything. The only thing I look forward in the patch is the nightmare mode that would give new challenges for endgame players (which actually I don't consider myself being, weird isn't it?).

I'm just playing other games while i wait for the patch. Business as usual, complete a game or reach end game content and move onto another game.

I'll play when it's patched and see if it adds gameplay but the honeymoon is over.

Well, for one thing I wanted to wait for the patch to try for a giraffe. I have read a lot about people's game freezing, etc and I'm not in any rush. I am kind of in wait and see mode and I am not expecting anything... tbh I kind of worry that the patch may make things worse.

I'm just playing other games while i wait for the patch. Business as usual, complete a game or reach end game content and move onto another game.

I'll play when it's patched and see if it adds gameplay but the honeymoon is over.

^This. Yep this is me also.

Listen. TE cant legally tell you to go to the PC version, or Sony AND Microsoft will sue them. But they can HINT to you to go to the PC version. Like say, "Oh, so sorry. We are not going to give consoles any new content whatsoever, unlike the PC, which gets EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME! "wink" "wink".

Also the "Silent treatment" the console players get should be a dead ringer. PLEASE ELECTRONIC ARTS BUY THIS COMPANY and put all the DLC on consoles too!!!

End of Line.

Lol I told you all in December that the patch would hit mid to late February, what's a few more weeks lol. My worry is that, the patch hits, and we get virtually nothing added/edited/fixed/whatever, that we need or want.

I'll wait till this patch to decide if i stop playing, because even with all the flaws we have, I doubt most of the people complaining about loot or whatever, have top tier gear (19-20 upgrades with perfect or close to it, base stat armor) or even high end mid tier gear (15-18 upgrades with good base stats armor, etc).

They say they have no new content, but have they finished all the current content (wave 30 on the new map Pure strategy, Legendary Defender, new map on insane even). I realize there is content/items that aren't dropping as they should, or remaining, whatever glitches/bugs there are.

Again, I'm fairly sure that at least 80% of the people that say "where's the new stuff", haven't finished the old stuff, or even come close to it. I for one still find new things to farm/do/help others/try new builds (people think there's 1-2 builds per map, but that's not true).

PLEASE ELECTRONIC ARTS BUY THIS COMPANY and put all the DLC on consoles too!!!

God no, last thing we need it being charged an Online Pass to play it online as well.

God no, last thing we need it being charged an Online Pass to play it online as well.

I laughed at this, but to be fair I do not believe there is a single instance of a PSN/Live game with an online pass. Also, all disk-games come with the passes too. I'm very against them of course, just saying.

I laughed at this, but to be fair I do not believe there is a single instance of a PSN/Live game with an online pass. Also, all disk-games come with the passes too. I'm very against them of course, just saying.

It's the way of the future. Corporations tend not to like renters and the secondary game market, as they don't get a share. To them, renting games and buying used games is almost tantamount to piracy.

I mean, laugh all you want to, but extra maps, characters, etc., use to be free content, and then someone got the bright idea of them being DLC. You know where we stand today.

It's the way of the future. Corporations tend not to like renters and the secondary game market, as they don't get a share. To them, renting games and buying used games is almost tantamount to piracy.

I mean, laugh all you want to, but extra maps, characters, etc., use to be free content, and then someone got the bright idea of them being DLC. You know where we stand today.

I miss hidden characters :(

*sigh* I have just signed over my soul. that's right. PC version here I come! Well...right after the taxman comes. My PC is apparently more of a dinosaur than I believed and will not play dundef (shaders on the vid card or sum such crud) anyway, I have my Steam ready and dundef will be waiting there when I get my new PC. starting over is epic fail, but whatever. I want to play the REAL dundef and enjoy the game that we ALL love/d. bottom line guys....if we aren't part of the solution then....blah blah blah insert cliche of your choice here blah blah. In the end I still love the challenges and fun I've had in DD and actually look forward to starting over in a different venue.

P.S. note to Trendy...you knew you had overstepped your abilities as a small indy studio MUCH earlier in the game's lifespan. Next time come clean earlier and don't get rabid gamers' hopes up so high before you kick us in a hole 300 style. As a whole we are intelligent and understanding people and would have disliked, but appreciated some honesty up front.

PLEASE ELECTRONIC ARTS BUY THIS COMPANY and put all the DLC on consoles too!!!

No.. Just.. No. I can't believe you would even say that. That is the dumbest idea ever. EA shouldn't even exist.

I believe you misunderstood me; I agree with every word you set there. The post I was referencing gave me a chuckle because things are so ridiculous now that his joke was almost plausible.

All I can say is: vote with your wallet. There are so many good games out now, and prices come down so fast. Why should I pay $60 for a new game when I can get it next month for $20? That's just bad money management. However, when I see publishers and developers working hard and honestly for their customers, I buy on release day, every time.

I'm sure TE is loving all the PC orders they are getting at the moment, but if they don't improve on their communication, it will come to bite them. I think it's pretty fair to say that most consolers will be a bit wary next time around.

I believe you misunderstood me; I agree with every word you set there. The post I was referencing gave me a chuckle because things are so ridiculous now that his joke was almost plausible.

All I can say is: vote with your wallet. There are so many good games out now, and prices come down so fast. Why should I pay $60 for a new game when I can get it next month for $20? That's just bad money management. However, when I see publishers and developers working hard and honestly for their customers, I buy on release day, every time.

I'm sure TE is loving all the PC orders they are getting at the moment, but if they don't improve on their communication, it will come to bite them. I think it's pretty fair to say that most consolers will be a bit wary next time around.

They better enjoy it while it lasts Judgement Day is coming when Diablo 3 comes bye bye pc fan base:)

They better enjoy it while it lasts Judgement Day is coming when Diablo 3 comes bye bye pc fan base:)

Well, they abandoned mobile to work on console stuff. They abandoned consoles to work on PC stuff. What's next? Considering the pattern, I'm starting to suspect Newt Gingrich is actually running TE.

Well, they abandoned mobile to work on console stuff. They abandoned consoles to work on PC stuff. What's next? Considering the pattern, I'm starting to suspect Newt Gingrich is actually running TE.

How could Newt possibly run TE, That is completely stupid. He is too busy sleeping with women outside of his marriage to run a company.

Yeah... I wen't there ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, He is also saying what he will do on DAY ONE before going to the balls that evening, What he will sign and not sign, When he isn't even the clear poll front runner.

How could Newt possibly run TE, That is completely stupid. He is too busy sleeping with women outside of his marriage to run a company.

Yeah... I wen't there ;)

That's sort of what I was referring to. Mobile not doing so well! See ya! Hellooooo console! Console, are you a little sick there? Goodbye!

Of course, by the time they said goodbye to us in console, they'd already been pretty involved with PC. I suppose the only thing missing is the request for an open relationship, since let's be honest...TE was never that open with us.

What people need to understand is this is not WOW....its a tiny game that cost 15 bucks. you think they will take the time to patch it? Who cares if they said they were going to. they were just wish listing like everyone else. how often do you see bigger games on the console get a huge patch like you guys want. Never.... If you don't like it the quit the game.