Post your first impressions.

I have to say the class is nothing like I was expecting, and not in a good way. I absolutely hate the combat system, spam clicking left and right just isn't going to work for me. Another shock was the stances, I was expecting something more WoW Warrior like, the fact they drain mana is horrible IMO. So far the only thing I'm enjoying about the Barbarian is he looks cool.

Let us know what your initial thoughts on him are.

I hate the clicking as well. But for the stance I'll say it actually is good this way. I mean if it's cost free or something like that, this guy will just be too op. And if you think about it, Barb is a pure dps char at least atm, which means you need to go out of walls and hitting stuff. So guardian is not what suits best for you and a genie in this situation is just gonna be the answer. But still, not sure how he can go out dps in late survive games.

For late survival there's always the turtle stance mixed in with whatever other stance you might want imho, but only time will tell how the Barbarian will handle end-game, if he is even deemed suitable for it by the elite masses :)

Also, I feel it's really cumbersome to swap weapons on the Barb, you have to drop/item box your weapon and then give to hero. You could simply have it so left clicking on "give to hero" gives to main hand, and right clicking the button gives to your offhand.

not very playable. No defenses, so can't defend crystal, especially from aerial attacks. Can't move fast enough to go out, kill the mobs and still return quickly to defend the crystal. On large maps, 2/3/4 crystals, single player mode will be impossible even on easy - picture glitterhelm (or whatever it's called). You can't possibly run back and forth defending all 4 crystals before the mobs cut thru. Only way to play will be to use other chars that are maxed out for their defenses and towers, and use barbie-boy for cutting down the mobs.... and that's assuming to don't get carpal tunnel first.

Actually, I rather like it. you have the choice of just holding left or right click. but, if you alternate, with proper timing, you increase your dps by ALOT. like, 5 times the amount, just cause the combo at the end. Its a more hands on class, rather than all the other guys we have right now. i dont find squire fun just because all you do is hold the friggin attack button.

Hands down the worst defender in the game, and it doesn't even come with the game.

Using your 2 or 3 ability turns off all stances, and thus they go on CD. So if you want to do the best dps, by throwing 3 at the end of the attack cycle, prepare to wait another X seconds for each aura that you had on. Have fun waiting 12 seconds for Turtle Stance, you know so you don't die... since HC is the only thing worth playing. This also makes the stances less attractive to gear/spec towards since they'll only be used here and there. So the only viable spec I see is Hero stats combined with ability 2 and/or 3 gear/spec.

Why have Trendy patch the game to remove constant clicking to attack only to BUY a character that doesn't allow this feature? Unless you only want to use one weapon.

Add in a little difficulty with your right hand equipment. The loot system only compares with your left hand weapon. In addition the only way to equip to your left hand is to first go into your inventory and either drop it, or item box it. Then you can send an item to your hero, or equip it from the ground, and not have it go to your left hand slot.

Let's also discuss the fact that this character can ONLY be used in conjunction with another character. There is absolutely 0 choice to soloing with the Barb. You NEED to build defenses with someone else. Then you can switch to the Barb to dps. This concept becomes even more stupid, when builders buff their towers just by staying in during combat phase. So why switch to this guy?

Let's talk about the stances themselves.

Tornado - Move faster, Jump higher than necessary, suddenly do like 1/3rd previous dps... So you make the character super slow, just to make this a profitable stance to use? Why not just make him not move at the pace of 'lazy sloth' and then have a free slot to design and cool and fun mechanic.

Lightning - I can stun mobs, cool. Doing so makes me take damage, not cool. Faster swing times means more hurting yourself... dumb.

Siphon - Take more damage so you can heal a portion of the damage you deal. Uhm hello! HC mode is the only profit in the game... I'd MUCH RATHER just walk away and heal, then walk back... I mean I gotta do something while turtle stance is on CD

Turtle - Take less damage, but have close to 0 mobility. You realize I could dodge things before right? I was only getting hit by spiders... oh btw ... have fun not getting webbed....

Bird thing - I don't know what this is all about because for the class I had to pay extra for, he's privvy to being the only person that needs to reach 74 to actually get all of his abilities... cool... now I have to grind a few more glitter runs to even see if the character at his full potential is even worth it.

One last thing... have fun finding weapons with similar swing times so you don't screw up the previous LRLRL....

/end rant.

1st thoughts - refund worthy

EDIT: Just saw the trendy post about how the girl version of the barb will be a free skin in an upcoming patch. What's stupid about this, is that they just made 4 alternate sex choices, each with new abilities, and then make their 5th alternate a... new outfit... way to stick with the program.

I don't see why they made him so useless he could've been so much...more.

for example why not have a pack of wolves fallow you instead of this stance ****.

Or what about in tornado you dont just jump like a panzy?

Idk i'm just mad.

Agree with most of what you said, the Barb just feels like a poorly designed waste of space.

Oh, and my game just totally closed itself down.

He is incredibly slow to start off. Hugely slow, I think even slower than the starting Squire.

I don't know how I feel about his basic attack. It's hard to get the left-right-left-right down so that you get the double-cross attack consistently.

The stances are ... different. It took me a few tries to realize that the Lightning stance hurts you. :P Tornado is cool, but suddenly you're doing about 1/4 of your dps. Eh. Now... Turtle stance? That rocks on toast. With a genie and the Siphon stance going, you're constantly replenishing your mana and health at the same time, while taking next to no damage from anything. However, you now move like you're 1000 pounds heavier. Turtle indeed.

It'll take some getting used to, but I think the Barbarian will be quite useful in nightmare, just not solo.

Alternating click is so stupidly annoying. Why on earth would someone play like that? I predict everyone using macros for this.
Haven't tried out the stances properly because attacking is so damn painful :|

Note to self, do not battle leap into lava :D

I really really dislike the button scheme for attacking with barbarian. It's very tedious to alternate left and right click to do his combo. Perhaps we can have an automated swing combo like the Squire. Or maybe something similar to Dynasty Warriors. Left click is the basic attack combo with right click as the powerful finisher. It's less strenuous on the hand.

Just got to 74.

My experience is that he can soak/deal a fair amount of damage once you get used to the LMB, RMB dance to get him going.

I found myself not using the stances enough, because his hero skill abilities cancel them and they're more useful in general play. I don't mind the hawk stance, it seems to be good value, but having to get to 74 to use it means I haven't given it a good go yet.

I don't know if he will be much use in NM. He doesn't have the Squire's block or the range of a hunter/huntress and not having anything to drop down in case of emergencies is going to problematic. As mentioned above, he will never be able to solo anything and this really limits his usefulness.

Hawk stance isn't really a stance. You turn it on, and click attack. It does one attack animation that seems to do several attacks at once, then it turns off. It's a pretty good instant dps burst, but still dumb.

Barbarian was probably the worst thing I've bought since the warping core DLC, why didn't I learn my lesson.

His attacks are just plain annoying and not so much of any innovation as it was trying to pull off. It's bad enough I have to hit the right trigger on my apprentice from round survival wave 10-25 for 6 hours.

His ability are okay, as expected from a barbarian character with leap attack and some combo stuff.

His stances are by far useless, they do bad just as much as they do good. I'm better off just attacking without any bonus or negative effects on me.

He will be a dead weight in NM HC wave 20+ because none of his abilities or stances help the team. He won't be able to go out of the barricade once the 20 wave + mobs turn elite and his only option is a turtle stance which will leave you slowly running back into the safe zone.

Overall my opinion of the barbarian is that he was a rushed character. Trendy tried to make him unique from the others and in the results it made the barbarian singled out from the group.

I dont dislike the RL combo but it breaks way too easy. IE: whenever you change targets. Making it nearly impossible to consistently use in combat.

Why in the world is the left hand the main attack? RT left hand LT right hand? WTF Trendy? This makes no sense.

The third hit in the combo (second time you hit with your main hand attack) misses extremely frequently, and nearly ALL the time against dummies if you have move when attacking turned on.

Why can I run multiple stances at the same time but I cant use my Leap Attack w/o canceling them? This has got to go.

Off hand wep has no comparison and cant swap wep from ground/item box. Please fix this.

Barbarian overall is a fun to use and different character but it defintely needs tweaking.

I hate the constant clicking, it's time for every class to have the ability to hold buttons for attacks, without lowering their DPS. Are we trying to kill fingers or ogres?

Picking up new weapons right now just doesn't work. Needing to drop the weapon you'd like to have swapped for a new one is cumbersome and I trusted Trendy to come up with a solid feature for this, they didn't. It feels half @ssed, to be honest.

Don't feel like I can comment on the stances and everything else yet. But these are my thoughts so far, a love-hate relationship.

Note: Have not tested thoroughly--only my first impressions.

[Like]
-The looks. Excellent work on the character design.
-Dual wielding. Nice addition to the "Dps class."
-The stance concept.
-Two stances at once.

[Dislike]
-Feels like a squire without towers.
-Runs slow.
-Less HP than squire(?)
-Stances feel like they could use a "small" buff.
-Inventory management is difficult.
-Thought the hero would be beefier in NM survival to represent "the dps class--" still prefer squire for NM survival as a "tank/dps".

I don't like that the stances have a mana upkeep cost. Stances are supposed to replace towers for this character. Towers don't have an upkeep cost why should stances? Yes you have to repair towers from time to time which costs mana but it's not a constant escalating cost and some towers never take damage at all.

This character needs to be far more powerful to compensate for the shortcomings. You can't solo at all. If a builder dies the towers keep working and helping, if this character dies he's dead and not helping anything at all. A tower/trap/aura character can damage/affect mobs all over the map at once using multiple towers, the barbarian can only be in one place at a time damaging one tiny group of mobs at a time in one lane. These shortcomings need to be compensated for and near as I can tell they aren't.

Making a viable build for this character is a chore, do you put your points in hero stats which buff your hero dps build or do you put your points in stances which buffs your hero dps build? That doesn't seem like a compelling choice I think I'll just dump all my points in run speed so I can actually move from one end of the map to the other in slightly less then 1/2 hour.

The whole carpel tunnel thing....yeah that's not fun either.

I love the concept of this character but hate the implementation.

And there's no Barbarian Guardian. Sadface.

I believe a Barbarian guardian should equip towers with a barbarian leap ability! I want them to leap all over the place

Edit: Maybe have DST's go "have at theee!" while leaping at NM spiders? It could work

I believe a Barbarian guardian should equip towers with a barbarian leap ability! I want them to leap all over the place

Edit: Maybe have DST's go "have at theee!" while leaping at NM spiders? It could work

I believe there could be a few options.

1) gives towers a combination of all 4 other guardians though in a much smaller amount.

2) Buffs the players with some advantage

3) Imbues towers with your last active stance

I've got no issues with the clicking atk, i just macroed to my razer keyboard and i dont even have to do a single click.

I just think that it's a very bad choice to release Barbarian with this assault pack.

1. Tornado is 200% useless in AMP.

2. Lightning is taking too much dmg on the hero. (Description says :SMALL AMOUNT OF DAMAGE)

3. Siphon is only dope when you use it with Turtle. Other wise it's **** in AMP too, GETS YOU 1 SHOTTED.

4. Turtle is probably best in AMP, Barb has already hit the SLOW CAP in AMP. You cant get ANY SLOWER!

5. Hawk... wtf is that? Does hell lot of dmg on dummy, but I still cant 1shot ogre =X (I know too much to ask...)

I guess its a fun class, pretty strong if you don't use it in AMP. I could do NM Umf with Monk towers and Barbarian itself.

Kinda wished that tower stats have more effect on the stances... Does it or does it not? felt no difference to me.

I have to say the class is nothing like I was expecting, and not in a good way. I absolutely hate the combat system, spam clicking left and right just isn't going to work for me. Another shock was the stances, I was expecting something more WoW Warrior like, the fact they drain mana is horrible IMO. So far the only thing I'm enjoying about the Barbarian is he looks cool.

Let us know what your initial thoughts on him are.

drain mana stances that seem to go away when using leap attack or any other special move...garbage.

they need to just make it so we can have 2 stances always active and use the special abilities...rebalance if that's too powerful for their original design but that's how the barbarian should play, IMO.