Survival SAVE BUTTON poll

Survival takes wayyyy too long to complete and be a enjoyable experience , most of use have lives and when it takes 6-10hrs to complete survival without stopping for most thats a bit much. So I wanted everyone who actually plays survival to vote and tell Trendy YES we want a save button so we play your game ,have fun , and have a life! For a detailed report of why we need a save button go to the suggestion post and find my Press the save button post. Happy voting!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point of Survival is to be hard and long, you are surviving after all. Putting save points into it will just make it into "Whenever I want" and kind of defeats the point, also would make the items from it not as "Damn wave 25+ sexy" anyone could obtain them at that point.

My 2 mana.

Edit: An autosave for a DC, Trendy Net or Steam killing your game with 1(One) save and use, if you re-load the save and get DC`ed again then to bad your done.

I can agree with one save one use, could still abuse it on the final wave but atleast you would only get one more shot at it.

I disagree with an auto saved controled by the player.

After months of game play , over 800 hours , Ive beat all campaign NM maps, so I started getting into survival. We need a save feature for every wave of survival otherwise its a complete waste of time , this is coming from someone who loves playin this game as well. Reasons for a wave save feature are :
1. Time ! unless your unemployed you dont have the time to FINISH a Survival match 6-10 hrs min
2. Disconects , I cant tell u how many times on wave 22 or 23 half my team gos LD and I get crushed.
3. Monsters cheating ! Orges / Kobolds that jump barriers , Stray arrows and fire balls
4. Real life matters that end game play for you or others you play with unexpected such as a door bell , droped water , house is burning etc etc.
The point is some of us are good at this game and could see alot more of it if we had a way to save our progress. All of these problems above when they happen make us very frustrated playing this game , even more so when you see someone in hacked gear out shining you. What harm would there be if your stuck on lv 24 and have to keep reloading your save data to try and beat it , compared to having to play another 8 hrs to get back where you were just because John had to afk and pee! What harm would be done if a orge jumped your blocks and smashed your crystal and afterward you said well lets try that again and reloaded the level and stoped him from bugging out by brute force?Dont make this change because the hackers might get ahead , they are already maxxed out ,do it for the people with a life that have to go to work every day to pay for time to play this cool game.

hard and long

Not everyone likes it "hard and long".

+1 for save feature.

I votes yes...not because of the time involved...but after multiple times getting to waves 20+ only to get booted from the map/disconnected from Trendynet...

The way I see a save working is that you can only save at the start of each new level and the kicker is you can only keep the loot if you clear to the next level , that way people cant farm lv 25 over and over . So say you played level 20 and just saved , all the loot on level 20 - 21 you can pick up as usual BUT if you dont win to level 21 all that loot you picked up doesnt stay in your inventory because you reload to how you were at the start of level 20 when , no farming abuse that way . You could even have multiple save games allowing you to go back to the tavern and get stronger or play something else and return later when your team is back together. Ive played EQ2 for over 6 years and it would be no different than goin after a boss level clearing all trash mobs and leaveing the dungoen for days just to come back in full strength and kill the boss. they could even put a timer on the level saved say you have 5 days to get in there and finish before the timer expires and the saved zone goes away. All in all though we NEEED a save feature of some type for these lonnnnnggggg survival missions , they are fun but are not enjoyable when you have to dedicate such a large time block to only gaming , makes for alot of wife / parent agro.

Voted no. If you want to progress fast on survival, play Mystimire. Its fast enough IMO.
If you want it to be long and easy, play it on the other maps (especially Alch-Labs is just long and easy for example).

Some of us folks played "real" TD-Games before and im pretty sure that over 90% of them, never used some save/checkpoint feature. (sidenote: wc3-tdmaps for example can easily eat up 6h+ too)

There could be an additional mode like last man standing, where you dont protect a core, but only yourself, like UMF. Give it infinite waves with an +hp/dmg-buff algorythm for the mobs, and dont let it drop loot at all. Players looking for a challenge would prolly have much fun with this, and noone would complain of some ridiculous loot. It would just be for the e-peen/pride ;)

It only needs a save and quit function where you can leave in between waves, but also disconnect from trendynet when you do. If you start the game (login to trendynet) it should start the game again automatically.

doesn't solve the problem with the disconnects though, but that should be solved differently anyway.

If they made survival waves as they done in mistymire i wouldnt mind so much specially with one or two players but all other maps the monster count is insanely high for my taste.

Would like a save option or reduce monster count.

I agree and disagree. I agree that it is too long and some sort of pause would be very helpful (aside going afk during build phase).

I don't agree with being able to use a save to farm or cheat. Loot should be a direct reward for time spent and difficulty. What would stop you from making a save on wave 15 or 20 and just loading that every time from now on and farming last couple waves. It would inflate the shops even more (driving prices down) than it is now and make high end gear even easier to access, not to mention destroy part of the core game, imo.

There should be a way to take a break but it would have to be very carefully implemented. Maybe once you load a save it becomes linked with an autosave every wave so that you can't go "opps, made a mistake and reload". If they could implement it in a way that doesn't affect or make an easy farm mode, I would support.

Think of the pet rewards, make a save on wave 14 and load/beat/repeat till you have pages of mythical pets, seems to take the reward/fun out of it.

TL;DR - Yes, but only if it only affects time spent in one sitting and not making it so you never have to do the first 14 waves again because you have saves for every level to load.

My 3 Mana Cents:

1- No Save Feature.

2- Drastically reduce the wave lengths by 50-75%

3- Best Thoughts For Last: Encourage Group play for survival! A bump in quality of drops for each person in the game.

p.s. I have a wife and kids. I do not have the option to put 10 hours (even if it is broken up) into a single survival run. Much less a 10 hour investment in a SINGLE attempt to get better gear.

Voted no. I'd rather trendy work on the stability issue rather than adding in a cheap feature that defeats the purpose of a "survival" mode. (:

2 facts:

1) Survival needs a lot of time, too much time for 90% of gamers, and stuff like phone calls, visitors etc can always happen
2) An option to reload any wave over and over again would make it too easy

Conclusion:
Make a save option. When you save the surival game, you are teleported back to tavern. Your saved game can be loaded/continued only ONCE. No way to load a second time if you continued and failed.

So its like taking a break. but not a save game which you load again each time you failed on the next wave.

i think on the whole a yes as this is a great idea.

however, i assume as more content becomes available the grinding on only survival for better gear wont be as necessary.

I voted no.

I think the point of survival is to survive. Yes, I agree that it does take too much time but that could be changed other ways. I know from experience that playing survival with two people is the best because three or four players is just way too long. Therefore, change the scaling. Instead of making the ways longer, make the mobs harder. If you are playing on insane, then maybe after 15 waves, you start seeing nightmare mobs. Make the mobs pour out of the spawns instead of just trickle out one by one.

For instance, in Glitter. The mobs seem to come from door A and door B...meanwhile there is nothing coming out of door C and door D. Instead of adding a save feature, make the mobs pour out of all four doors. This would mean the wave ends quicker and is harder all at the same time.

I voted yes, but I can tell you your Poll probably wont change anything. I suggested this long ago and Jeremy said its not gonna happen. For reasons see above.

There are various points which should be taken care of before implementing a save button.

1. You should only be able to save between waves.
2. Once you die your savegame is forever lost.
3. After saving you have to quit, there is no playing something else or getting better gear. If you start the game again you have to continue at that point.

I think some of you didnt understand my post on saved level so here it is simple :
1. You only get to keep your loot if you make it to the next wave
2. You can only load the level you are stuck on
3. Put a timer on the level so it has to be played before it expires 5-7 days
This would prevent loot whoring / cheating and would still be a challenge progression because everyone will hit a level they cant pass due to gear or teamates so why not be able to practice it without having to play 10 hrs again?

I voted no, because they should fix the random disconnects rather than add feature that defeats the purpose of survival.

Voted no. I'd rather trendy work on the stability issue rather than adding in a cheap feature that defeats the purpose of a "survival" mode. (:
Second this.. a save feature completely just kills it. Lets add a save wave feature in campaign to, as its too tough when you get to boss :( /sar

Its a survival mode, it should be "long and hard". If you don't have the time, you wont be the ones with the better items/stats. Like any other game.

Yes yes yes there's no reason not to have a save feature. I suggested this in the suggestion forum

[QUOTE]TL;DR - Yes, but only if it only affects time spent in one sitting and not making it so you never have to do the first 14 waves again because you have saves for every level to load. [/QUOTE]It woul delete the save upon loading, so you couldn't abuse it.

[QUOTE]Second this.. a save feature completely just kills it. Lets add a save wave feature in campaign to, as its too tough when you get to boss /sar[/QUOTE]It doesn't kill anything as long as you can only Save & Quit and you must resume playing the next time you load the game up.

After all, the whole reason people want this is so games aren't ruined by Steam or TrendyNet maintenance.

I say yes to this feature, if and only if it works like this:

Playing survival, suddenly need to go, hit Esc (or pull up menu) "Save for Later", then closes the survival, and when you go open up the save, the save is then deleted, kinda like a temp. save rather then an actual save.

I think some of you didnt understand my post on saved level so here it is simple :
1. You only get to keep your loot if you make it to the next wave
2. You can only load the level you are stuck on
3. Put a timer on the level so it has to be played before it expires 5-7 days
This would prevent loot whoring / cheating and would still be a challenge progression because everyone will hit a level they cant pass due to gear or teamates so why not be able to practice it without having to play 10 hrs again?

That just defeats the whole purpose of survival and the necessity of a save button. You have to finish survival with your current gear, there shouldnt be an option to improve your character and come back later. Also there shouldnt be a point of return if you fail.

I would like an automatic save feature for DC that allows you to continue the game at the point of DC. That should be more than fair... of course no DC would be even nicer.